Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fat Chick MMOs

Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

(hear me out)

I just coined a new phrase today, you know that old (bad) joke:

"Fat Chicks are like Mopeds; fun to ride, but you never want your friends to catch you on one."

like that, only in MMO form.

A.K.A.

I came up with this term ("Fat Chick MMO") earlier today while trying to explain "Grand Fantasia" to one of my RL gamer buddies (who is mostly a console / WOW gamer) after picking it up over the weekend, and no matter how I tried there was no possible way I could spin anything about this game as being cool.

the graphics are old/bad, the art is low detail Anime, combat (while not exactly bad) is nothing to write home about, the premise of the whole game is kinda lame, and the core feature of it consists of Tamagotchi-esk mini game where you play with a little blob (not unlike a slime from DQ) in a pop up window.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COOL ABOUT THIS GAME!

but the mechanics and pacing are motherfucking spot on and despite also having picked up the Crysis Maximum bundle over the weekend, and having a PC that I have dumped more money into than I paid for my truck (it's a beater), I can't pull myself away from this damned thing.

... so, yeah, after about 4 abortive attempts to spin this thing to him, that joke popped into my mind and it just clicked.

(his response after I blurted it out and explained the logic his response was: "kinda like there is no way you can make Pokemon sound interesting to someone who hasen't played it.")

Comments

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

wait ... so you... If i'm getting this ... ride on fat chics? Aren't they slower?

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'

That's what I said

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand

Or so I have read

(for further reference: )

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

Managed to make me laugh a bit. :) So you're saying I should try this?

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

it's a simple game, but sometimes thats all that you need.

no major bugs so far, it's not bad looking, there is plenty of stuff to do, it seems to be some what hard to gimp yourself, controlls work well, and so far the game hasn't hit me with the "none shall pass" type of mobs that uasually pop up by now (LVL 30-ish ATM).

one thing that I think works against it is how quiet the game is; it's a prety big game with lots of maps, but on top of that there are three servers 1 with 3 channels and 2 with 4 channels each (so you have got 11 instances of the game floating around), combine that with the servers being out for quite a while and you end up with very few people in the low level areas .... most of which seem to be just as unsure about talking to me as I am about them.

however the guild system is pretty robust, and there are more than a few guilds listed on the recuitment section with 80+ members on their roster ... it could just be that most everyone is in a guild and not talking in world chat.

• ChevveChevve Member Posts: 9

Fat Chick MMO... You've convinced me to try out this game. I have always been wondering how I could explain to friends how I can play these types of MMO's.