Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware's delusion revealed

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Zteken you just described a bad mmorg, where is the immersion, virtual world, social and political aspects, the healthy community, the epic moments. The list goes on.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Ztekan
    A MMORPG , is all about, Gain lvl , gathering , evolve, and so on.
    its the same as bread
    A bread always contain Wheat , Water/milk, a bread is always a bread, you can just flavor it diffrently.

If you are looking for newthinking or something different , you might look for something completley different than a mmo.
    You cant take away the basic ingredients for the MMO

An MMO is not a genre like fps, rts or racing game.

Gaining levels is in no way a requisite for any mmo - It's just something that most developers got stuck on as it is a very simple way to express character progression.

Gathering aswell, not necessary, just a design cliche that you 'need' to do it.

Evolving is also something that's not exclusive to mmo's or any game ;p

If you want a really different MMO, check out "Love", a cooperative world building game, or "A Tale in the Desert" which is also pretty unique.

Thinking that every MMO should be very similar to WoW will kill off the MMO industry at some point or another.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Living, breathing world = delusional thinking.

This kind of thing happens all the time in big companies.  The bullshit becomes more important than the product.  Just keep the spin going and the fanatics will hold on tighter.

But what could they say, the dead lifeless worlds...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Superduper69

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by adam_nox

I will give you something to think about.

When wow came, wow had so much bugs and crashed all the time.
    I think i got over 40 days of extra days becouse of this.
    Also think of the content wow had , 1-60 , 2 raid dungeons and a few instances.

Give Swtor 8 years , and youll get the best game out there,
    What you seems to forget are that swtor is still brand new, you stil get the founders title.

Take it easy and enjoy the ride swtor gives you ,and dont rush so fast in a new game, you kids consumes way to fast

For at least the tenth time, I was in WoW at launch, it didn't have 'so many bugs' and it didn't 'crash all the time'.  a FEW servers crashed a lot.  I think I got like 10 days credit and that was just because everyone got that, I was hardly affected on a very populated Argent Dawn (main RP server for Vanilla WoW).

WoW wasn't old and intolerable after two weeks, SWTOR is.  WoW is still essentially WoW 1-60, which is where it's drew most it's subs.  Cataclysm is the biggest change to that.  SWTOR can't survive 8 years with it's 1-XX game in it's current condition.

Yes and no it won't stay in current condition. SWTOR is Biwoare's flagship MMO, you think they will just leave it in its current state and move on? SWTOR being intolerable is matter of opinion, i am sure many are enjoying the game and also there were like me who got bored of WOW after one month of release.

And yes WOW did crash and a lot of people had serious troubles logging in. If you were REALLY at launch you would know that Blizzard compensated a large chunk of players for losing play time and yes i was one of those players. i and my guildies couldn't log in to WOW for 5 days straight because of regular crashes.

If you're calling him a liar, then you'll call me one too, I guess.  I ALSO was playing WoW at launch after the open beta and getting a nelf druid to level 17 and the game ran beautifully.  Starting over with a new toon after launch, yes....there were some problems, like characters freezing when looting, some disconnects from the server, and assorted other small things, BUT....not any 40 days free game time worth.  I too, like he said, got about 10 days of free time from these problems.  So either you were on a super shitty server, or we weren't playing the same game, because it wasn't all THAT bad as you're making it out to be.  At least it wasn't on Lothar server.

You should apologize for basically calling that other poster a liar just because his release experience differed from yours. Now that I've basically done the same thing to you....doesn't feel too good, does it?

Yeah i cried myself to sleep. *rolls eyes*.

However, you said 'if' i am calling him a  liar...which i didn't. So due to your own lack of reading skills and assumption you went on to write this rant good job. And no i didn't call him a  liar. But WOW launch didn't go all that smooth like people here always try to make it look.

You clearly insinuated he wasn't telling the truth.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Originally posted by Vonatar

"Massively Multiplayer Online games are built around living, breathing worlds that are always evolving, and Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is no different. "

This is how the introduction of patch 1.1.5 begins. I have to say I lol'd since the last thing you could say about TOR is that it includes a living breathing world which is always evolving. Is Bioware really so naive that they think their world can be described in this way?

<snip>

To paraphrase the BW marketing-speak:

"Many Massively Multiplayer Online games are built around living, breathing worlds that are always evolving, but Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is different. It is in fact a snapshot of a "living, breathing world" which is continually being Photoshopped, as opposed to evolving dynamically."

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Too many people seem focused on writing out why they hate this game or that game.  Stop playing, stop typing, go play something else or nothign at all.  Nobody really gives a flying f*** why you don't like something. 

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by adam_nox

I will give you something to think about.

When wow came, wow had so much bugs and crashed all the time.

I think i got over 40 days of extra days becouse of this.

Also think of the content wow had , 1-60 , 2 raid dungeons and a few instances.

Give Swtor 8 years , and youll get the best game out there,

What you seems to forget are that swtor is still brand new, you stil get the founders title.

Take it easy and enjoy the ride swtor gives you ,and dont rush so fast in a new game, you kids consumes way to fast

For at least the tenth time, I was in WoW at launch, it didn't have 'so many bugs' and it didn't 'crash all the time'.  a FEW servers crashed a lot.  I think I got like 10 days credit and that was just because everyone got that, I was hardly affected on a very populated Argent Dawn (main RP server for Vanilla WoW).

WoW wasn't old and intolerable after two weeks, SWTOR is.  WoW is still essentially WoW 1-60, which is where it's drew most it's subs.  Cataclysm is the biggest change to that.  SWTOR can't survive 8 years with it's 1-XX game in it's current condition.

Yes and no it won't stay in current condition. SWTOR is Biwoare's flagship MMO, you think they will just leave it in its current state and move on? SWTOR being intolerable is matter of opinion, i am sure many are enjoying the game and also there were like me who got bored of WOW after one month of release.

And yes WOW did crash and a lot of people had serious troubles logging in. If you were REALLY at launch you would know that Blizzard compensated a large chunk of players for losing play time and yes i was one of those players. i and my guildies couldn't log in to WOW for 5 days straight because of regular crashes.

If you're calling him a liar, then you'll call me one too, I guess.  I ALSO was playing WoW at launch after the open beta and getting a nelf druid to level 17 and the game ran beautifully.  Starting over with a new toon after launch, yes....there were some problems, like characters freezing when looting, some disconnects from the server, and assorted other small things, BUT....not any 40 days free game time worth.  I too, like he said, got about 10 days of free time from these problems.  So either you were on a super shitty server, or we weren't playing the same game, because it wasn't all THAT bad as you're making it out to be.  At least it wasn't on Lothar server.

You should apologize for basically calling that other poster a liar just because his release experience differed from yours. Now that I've basically done the same thing to you....doesn't feel too good, does it?

Yeah i cried myself to sleep. *rolls eyes*.

However, you said 'if' i am calling him a  liar...which i didn't. So due to your own lack of reading skills and assumption you went on to write this rant good job. And no i didn't call him a  liar. But WOW launch didn't go all that smooth like people here always try to make it look.

You clearly insinuated he wasn't telling the truth.

I replied to him with same insinuation as he did.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by thekid1

I don't understand how so many people on this forum can be dissapointed by SW:TOR.

It was clear before release what kind of game this was; a simplified singleplayer game with online elements tacked on. Not a reall mmorpg and not an open world.

And there was a ton and I mean seriously a metric f**k-ton of anti-SWTOR threads on this forums leading up to the release.  Yet the rabid fanbois of the game were screaming and crying that this game was actually "the one" and refused to listen to any amount of criticism.  Now that its been almost 3 months since release and everyone sees just how shallow the gameplay is they are on the hater bandwagon and it makes me sick.  I see the same thing happening with Tera right now and it will, I REPEAT, IT WILL follow the same failed themepark pattern and do just as bad in the longrun but I will get flamed for this comment.  I just want people to understand that the WoW clone mentality has gone on long enough and no game that models its game on it will do good or capture any portion of its playerbase.  I wish the fans of all WoW clones well and if you truely enjoy the games you play but all I ask is if you are on the fence about certain mechanics then dont blindly follow some company trying to clone itself to garner some of WoW's playerbase.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I don't understand how so many people on this forum can be dissapointed by SW:TOR.

It was clear before release what kind of game this was; a simplified singleplayer game with online elements tacked on. Not a reall mmorpg and not an open world.

And there was a ton and I mean seriously a metric f**k-ton of anti-SWTOR threads on this forums leading up to the release.  Yet the rabid fanbois of the game were screaming and crying that this game was actually "the one" and refused to listen to any amount of criticism.  Now that its been almost 3 months since release and everyone sees just how shallow the gameplay is they are on the hater bandwagon and it makes me sick.  I see the same thing happening with Tera right now and it will, I REPEAT, IT WILL follow the same failed themepark pattern and do just as bad in the longrun but I will get flamed for this comment.  I just want people to understand that the WoW clone mentality has gone on long enough and no game that models its game on it will do good or capture any portion of its playerbase.  I wish the fans of all WoW clones well and if you truely enjoy the games you play but all I ask is if you are on the fence about certain mechanics then dont blindly follow some company trying to clone itself to garner some of WoW's playerbase.

Game isnt a WOW clone.

It dosent have half the features that WOW has.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I dont understand.Swtor is already dead.Why u keep talking about this game.

I ll jump to the game if it evers go b2p.Im not playing it even at a f2p model.

Why?Because gw2 will be b2p and it will 100 times better than this swtor scum

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

I'm curious what makes a game a "WOW Clone". I never played WoW, really, so I wonder what is meant by the term WoW clone.

I played DAOC before WoW came out. We had guilds, guild houses, conquerable keeps, dungeons, all kinds of classes with abilities, crafting, grouping, teams, PvP, RvR. What makes a game a "WoW Clone" and not a "DAOC Clone"?

As for the "living breathing world", the fact that SWTOR doesn't have one is the reason I quit during beta, and have not purchased the game. I would love it if they added that to the game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Too many people seem focused on writing out why they hate this game or that game.  Stop playing, stop typing, go play something else or nothign at all.  Nobody really gives a flying f*** why you don't like something. 

Wonder if this guy...

A: Has been sucessfully trolled by the haters.

B: Is trying to troll haters.

C: Just hit level 50 and is experiancing the initial symptoms of PTSD because for once the haters are right but it just can't be possible, not possible, they caused it, not possible, this is the game to end all games, haters killed this game......

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Originally posted by TangentPoint

So, in essence, your statement (and others) actually confirms the issue the OP raises - that BW is describing their game as  something other than it is.

It seems, then, that the issue raised by the OP is valid and BioWare is in fact blowing smoke in the quoted bit. That is the actual point they're raising. It's not that the game world is bland and lifeless, as many have noted. It's that BW is openly claiming otherwise.

For the people complaining about others complaining about the game. There's a very easy solution to that, you know: Don't read threads covering a topic you're not interested in. Don't spend your time or energy responding to them. If you don't like the topic, leave. Start a thread, or follow others covering a topic that you are interested in.

It would do well for people to realize that a thread on these forums does not require their "approval" or interest to be valid.

Posts such as #2, #5, #8, etc are less useful than they claim the OP to be. They don't add to the discussion. Instead, they attempt to derail, distract from or discourage others from having it.

I wonder if some of the people complaining about others' discussions do that in person. If you're in a room, at a party maybe, and overhear someone on the other side of the room having a discussion you're not interested in, on a topic you're maybe tired of, do you walk over, invite yourself into the group and immediately begin complaining about how you're tired of people talking about that subject? Do you try to get them to stop talking about it?

Would you appreciate someone barging into a discussion you're having and doing the same to you?

No one begs you to enter a thread, read it and give your feedback. If you read the first post and find it's something that doesn't interest you for whatever reason, then leave the thread and let others who do want to discuss it carry on. It's a hell of a lot more logical than rudely interrupting the discussion to complain because others are discussing it, no?

While I agree with you and point 100%, not even half of this thread's "viewers" even bothered to read your post (I believe it would fall under "TL;DR"), let alone let it sink in and make a difference.   The sad truth is, common sense or a shred of logic have no place here.

Anymore I just come here for the show.  Sort of like tuning into a TV show for some comic relief. 

It would be great, and for all I know some people are doing it, if there was a large forum that required specific criteria to be able to read and post.  I'm not going to start a war by giving my opinion on what those criteria should be, but I guess in my perfect world there would be such a thing.

In the meantime, this is just entertainment like many other things.

I do applaud you for trying to instill a bit of common sense, though.  That's the only reason I responded.

Now back to the show.  image

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Bardus

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Wonder if this guy...

A: Has been sucessfully trolled by the haters.

B: Is trying to troll haters.

C: Just hit level 50 and is experiancing the initial symptoms of PTSD because for once the haters are right but it just can't be possible, not possible, they caused it, not possible, this is the game to end all games, haters killed this game......

I pick "C".

Most definitely.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

"Massively Multiplayer Online games are built around living, breathing worlds that are always evolving, and Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is no different. "

This is how the introduction of patch 1.1.5 begins. I have to say I lol'd since the last thing you could say about TOR is that it includes a living breathing world which is always evolving. Is Bioware really so naive that they think their world can be described in this way?

Now I am not a hater, I am subbed to TOR and have been playing it off and on, although I will say I am one of the bitterly disappointed gamers that was expecting so much more than the shallow linear game Bioware served up which is only fun to play for about a month.

Sad but true!

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by olepi

I'm curious what makes a game a "WOW Clone". I never played WoW, really, so I wonder what is meant by the term WoW clone.

I played DAOC before WoW came out. We had guilds, guild houses, conquerable keeps, dungeons, all kinds of classes with abilities, crafting, grouping, teams, PvP, RvR. What makes a game a "WoW Clone" and not a "DAOC Clone"?

As for the "living breathing world", the fact that SWTOR doesn't have one is the reason I quit during beta, and have not purchased the game. I would love it if they added that to the game.

Easy answer,

WoW did clone most it's features from games like EQ and DAoC but in the end WoW won the subscriptions campaign. WoW has had more subscriptions than all western games before and after combined, so all the studios think to have a successful MMO they must do what WoW is doing, hints WoW clone.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Terranah

Living, breathing world = delusional thinking.

This kind of thing happens all the time in big companies.  The bullshit becomes more important than the product.  Just keep the spin going and the fanatics will hold on tighter.

But what could they say, the dead lifeless worlds...

At least not vent themselves about the supposedly "living, breathing worlds"

Here's what some paying customers are saying about on the official foums:

#2 - Dead, Lifeless, Boring, Stagnant, Monotone, Uninspired Worlds. 

-As a creator of this game how you, in good conscience, look at the world as seen HERE and tell us you put any effort into creating these worlds?

-So heavily instanced that you hardly see another soul while leveling reinforcing the lifeless husk of a world.

Source

And :

CURRENT TOTALS

LAST UPDATED: February 20, 2012

(Responses to "Do you like SWTOR in it's current state?"):

765 SWTOR players voted NO.

700 SWTOR players voted YES.

108 individuals are Undecided/Unclear.

CLICK ? HERE ? to view pie-chart.

Each vote is counted by hand 3-5 times, ensuring accuracy.

Disturbing that even on its own forums there are less happy players than else.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Now I am not a hater, I am subbed to TOR and have been playing it off and on, although I will say I am one of the bitterly disappointed gamers that was expecting so much more than the shallow linear game Bioware served up which is only fun to play for about a month.

sp if i read correctly this:the world are dynamic but the mmo isnt since it the mmo is build around it, not as a foundation?i sure hope i miscomprehend ,cause if there literally was more then one way to understand the italic phrase, now we know why swtor has had issue!

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

I was sure SWTOR will flop and will be mediocre at most, that it'll be another WoW.

I bought it, played free month, got 1x 50lvl and 2x 24s. I subbed for another months. I only played 2 hours in the month i bought. It ended yesterday. Game is boring, has many many flaws.

Basically it's everything i expected it will be - nothing special medicore game that's poor sci-fi wow wannabe.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Tawn47

Originally posted by djmtott

You could just say that you don't share in their opinion and shrug it off. Instead you run to the MMORPG.com forums to add one more thread to where no more are needed.

Last time I checked the point of a forum was to share views and opinions...   It's hardly the OP's fault that many others agree with him and have said these things before.  On the other hand, I suppose you could fault him for creating a new separate thread when it may have been better to add his disatisfied view to the end of an older negative thread...

Either way what does it matter?  Why are you so upset about people expressing their views?

Well said.  We post at the permission of the owners of MMORPG, which desire the traffic from discussion.   Unlike the comment, they do not want people to keep their opinions and comments about MMORPGs to themselves.

And notice, rather than address the OP's critisims, by citing in-game evidence to refute the his claims, we see the OP's decision to post attack.     I find the OP's position to be rather credible.   Someone can certainly enjoy TOR, but that doesn't affect the crediblity of the OP's position.   Compared to many other MMORPGs, the world of TOR is rather sterile and 'single player' feeling.  

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Either way what does it matter?  Why are you so upset about people expressing their views?

Bravo!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by Loekii

You could just say that you don't share in their opinion and shrug it off. Instead you run to the MMORPG.com forums to add one more thread to where no more are needed.

Last time I checked the point of a forum was to share views and opinions...   It's hardly the OP's fault that many others agree with him and have said these things before.  On the other hand, I suppose you could fault him for creating a new separate thread when it may have been better to add his disatisfied view to the end of an older negative thread...

Well said.  We post at the permission of the owners of MMORPG, which desire the traffic from discussion.   Unlike the comment, they do not want people to keep their opinions and comments about MMORPGs to themselves.

And notice, rather than address the OP's critisims, by citing in-game evidence to refute the his claims, we see the OP's decision to post attack.     I find the OP's position to be rather credible.   Someone can certainly enjoy TOR, but that doesn't affect the crediblity of the OP's position.   Compared to many other MMORPGs, the world of TOR is rather sterile and 'single player' feeling.  

I would not agree that the STASI police force Moderator squade of MMORPG wants us to say bad things about games. As soon as you point out flaws and that a game might not be so good as the fanboy brigade make it out to be. You get Baned for silly reasons. Like posting offtopic or any other little excuse they can find to get you off the site.

That SWTOR is a medicore game is not something that they want spread around.. I whonder why that is? getting fat money cheaks in the mail maybe?? Only games you can trash are Korean once like AION and TERA you can go all out there and not risk anything.. Iv tested this out so I know..

A MMORPG , is all about, Gain lvl , gathering , evolve, and so on.

its the same as bread

A bread always contain Wheat , Water/milk, a bread is always a bread, you can just flavor it diffrently.

If you are looking for newthinking or something different , you might look for something completley different than a mmo.

You cant take away the basic ingredients for the MMO

Isn't that exactly what Bioware did?

Taking away the basic ingredient for a mmo?

A living, evolving WORLD.

I mean WOW get's a lot of flack for being to simple and lineair but SW:TOR takes it to the next level.

A RPG, are all about live your char, that can be done by gain levels from 1 - ***

You gather materials/Gear/Reputation/Comendation/Levels/Freinds/Guild you name it.

Next thing you need are a place to RP in, in this case StarWars Univerese with all its Planets, there you gain levels/gather  and so on.

In wow for the next example,

You gain levels from 1-85/gather/Reputaion/gain Freinds//guilds/Gear and so on.

Now you need somewhere to RP, and there you got Aseroth

others MMORPG are the same,

Gather/so on and so forth/ ****/

And a place to RP.

Thats the concept of a RPG "MMORPG"

RPG comes from Penn and paper game, where the concept was born , and that was in the 80s wich i particepeted in.

If you change these settings of what a RPG are, you dont have a RPG anymore

Than you have Created a new for of style/game/gengre.

MMO just stands for Masivly multiplayer Online, wich emplays you are more than 128 players on the same Shard, more than 128 players counts as MMO, and RPG , is just Role Playing Game.

That said all games like Acherons Call, Ultima Online Wow Everquest 1-2 Starwars Galaxies Star Wars the old Republic Guild Wars , i can make the list long, comes from the same Ingredient wich is RPG, if you are looking for something els you arent looking for a RPG.

and by adding a forth pillar in swtor "Voiceover" still makes it a RPG, no different , it just have more flavor to it, you can put 10 or 100 or eaven 1000 new flavors to A game, its still a RPG

What Bioware did is just a flavor its still the basic like all other MMORPGs out there,

This should be stickied for those who continue to not grasp the concept.

Talk about the many naive statements people make on these boards and even those who try so hard making their arguement soooo valid.

I have to give some of you props for being clever and smart about some of these discussions. Though, some of you miss the mark and lack common sense. Would be interest to see your everyday lives, maybe the lack thereof.

thekid1 by far made one the most brillant post on these boards! Thx for sharing it Ztekan!

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by eayes

I don't love or hate ToR, I chose not to buy it since it didn't appeal to me.What I just can't believe is that there are people that are surprised that other folks are bored of these threads. I think we get that for some of you somehow ToR has wronged you and Bioware is the girlfriend that banged your best friend but aren't even the haters tired of these?

More like were trying to save people on the fence about this game our heartbreak if you get where I'm coming from!  We are trying to save the world!!!!hmmmmmm

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

Originally posted by wojtekpl

I was sure SWTOR will flop and will be mediocre at most, that it'll be another WoW.

I bought it, played free month, got 1x 50lvl and 2x 24s. I subbed for another months. I only played 2 hours in the month i bought. It ended yesterday. Game is boring, has many many flaws.

Basically it's everything i expected it will be - nothing special medicore game that's poor sci-fi wow wannabe.

Originally posted by wojtekpl

i have played AoC for a year in beta and some after release

I like SWTOR graphics more than AoC. Dont call me fanboy because i wont even buy SWTOR. However i like the richness and stylized graphics a lot more than void empty spaces of aoc. Sure aoc looked great in tortage... but outside of it? meeehhh.

More than any of the two above i like GW2 graphics.

I wouldnt mind mmo with withcer 2 graphics if i could get the pc to run it;p

PS

with Warhammer people were also naive o think mythic will release better graphics on release - all know what happened:>

I'm not even going to sympathize for your loss of money or your time. You deserved it knowing exactly what you were getting into!