Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best part about Guild Wars 2?

JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

For me, the best part about Guild Wars 2 are the developers. Anet is a great team, and best of all they are not Blizzard.

I'll pay 50 bucks every 3 months for an expansion worth playing, rather than 15 bucks/month for something like 4.3. Do WoW players even realize how much we are paying for the 4.3 patch? It will be roughly 10 months of 4.3 before the next expansion.

Imagine if a cash shop game offered  8 Easy Raid bosses, Wardrobe Feature, and another Bank  for the low price of $150!! The QQ would be endless. But since its WoW and a Subscription game, this is ok? I don't get it.

I look forward to getting away from Blizzard and their games. C'mon GW2!

Comments

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Guildwars 2 will be awesome and i can´t wait to play it

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

If you want to get away from Blizzard, just don't play their games.  Funny thing is, I don't play Blizzard games so I don't have your kind of problem.

I expect GW2 to be like GW1...a cool two week game.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

The best part of GW2 is that we actually have some pretty strong evidence that it will actually be good and not just a bunch of hype like normal.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Just compare the amount of content you got with a Guild Wars 1 expansion. to a similar content Tier in WoW.

You pay 1/4 the price for the guild wars expansion, for 15 times the content in a WoW content patch. Just ridiculous.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

The best part about Guild Wars 2 is that the world feels alive. Also no monthly fee. 

-I am here to perform logic

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Best part of GW2, is diversity

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by Creslin321

The best part of GW2 is that we actually have some pretty strong evidence that it will actually be good and not just a bunch of hype like normal.

I hope that's true.  There was a lot of hype (for the time) for GW1 and that disappointed a lot of people as well.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by grimal

Originally posted by Creslin321

I hope that's true.  There was a lot of hype (for the time) for GW1 and that disappointed a lot of people as well.

That is confirmed by everyone (including me) that played the game at last years gaming conventions.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

ArenaNet.  Brilliant and bold.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

The best part of Guild Wars 2, is that there is less Speculation, and more actual Information.

WvWvW aren't an mystery or hype build from speculations from Reddit interviews with Mike Ferguson

Character skills are in Spotlight videos from Beta players, skills from weapons are shown so that we actually knows whats going on, so that after beta with NDA, we can see the differences if there are any and what was done and why it was done with much more detail.

Its just that many MMO thats being developed has so many Cinematic Videos and so little actual gameplay, and all you get are pics of screenshots that really shows nothing of the gameplay and only adds to hype.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288

Just to be  smartass, Anet is actually Blizzard ;)....just the old Blizzard we all used to love and praise for the creation of Battle.net

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

The best part about Guild Wars 2 is the variety of features. It just isn't focusing on improving one aspect of themepark MMORPGs, but it's doing it all.

• Fluid Combat

• Personal Story

• Co-operative open PvE world

• Holy Trinity-less Dungeons

• PvP on an even playing field

• Large scale 3 faction PvP

• Robust Guild system

• Robust Trading system

The list goes on. I know it's a cop-out, but variety is the spice of life. image

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

Yeah GW2 will be good. And people that say it'll be like GW1 (which I didn't find bad myself) are mistaken. There is personal story instances which would be like GW1 instances, but otherwise it's a completely open world with a plethora of new concepts not seen in many mmos, if at all. 

Mmos need a change so developers know we're not satisfied with the korean grindfest knock offs. 

I honestly felt ashamed with mmos when I was surprised in 2012 that a npc said hello to me before I had to click on him in Star Trek Online. 

Stuff like this should be commonplace amongst many other features that single player games have but mmos fail to even contemplate. 

Also, the best part about GW2...

NO MONKS! God I hate those elitist monks so much. 

Though I suspect they will try to make a monk out of Elementalists or Guardians... *shakes angry fist towards them*

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    To be honest the best part is the devs mindset and take on making GW 2. Everything the say is shown, they are allowed to reiterate and change but I notice by just videos and what not they change and upgrade the game each year making the wait understandable. They arent looking to be the next Blizzard or looking to create the next World of Warcraft but in a different setting or more so theme. They aren't Focusing on just one gimmick in the game. I look at post and articles the game has a lot of selling points for people. A lot of choice they put into their game. Yo from press beta we only saw pvp and 3 of the 25 zones and a dungeon. I just like their attempt wether or not it's successful or not is to be seen but the sheer fact they are trying and showing deserves some support. Being that this should be the first MMO I stick too because previous MMOs are not for me based off design and etc.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• boobotboobot Member UncommonPosts: 29

From reviews (and hoping it lives up to it)

Exploring, Exploring, Exploring

And Difficulty - please be just a bit difficult :)

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

The business model.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Jimmydean

For me, the best part about Guild Wars 2 are the developers. Anet is a great team, and best of all they are not Blizzard.

I'll pay 50 bucks every 3 months for an expansion worth playing, rather than 15 bucks/month for something like 4.3. Do WoW players even realize how much we are paying for the 4.3 patch? It will be roughly 10 months of 4.3 before the next expansion.

Imagine if a cash shop game offered  8 Easy Raid bosses, Wardrobe Feature, and another Bank  for the low price of $150!! The QQ would be endless. But since its WoW and a Subscription game, this is ok? I don't get it.

I look forward to getting away from Blizzard and their games. C'mon GW2!

I gotta agree that the developers are right up there but that goes hand in hand with the innovation GW2 is bringing to the table, something the genre hasnt seen since the likes of WoW in 2004.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by RizelStar

To be honest the best part is the devs mindset and take on making GW 2. Everything the say is shown, they are allowed to reiterate and change but I notice by just videos and what not they change and upgrade the game each year making the wait understandable. They arent looking to be the next Blizzard or looking to create the next World of Warcraft but in a different setting or more so theme. They aren't Focusing on just one gimmick in the game. I look at post and articles the game has a lot of selling points for people. A lot of choice they put into their game. Yo from press beta we only saw pvp and 3 of the 25 zones and a dungeon. I just like their attempt wether or not it's successful or not is to be seen but the sheer fact they are trying and showing deserves some support. Being that this should be the first MMO I stick too because previous MMOs are not for me based off design and etc.

100% emphatically agree.

You have devs who communicate well, who make sane choices and explain them vividly in their blogs (2nd best thing) and watch for feedback and reiterate + reiterate +... & then charge B2P (3rd best thing). Worst thing will ironically be not from the devs but some of the playerbase & exploiters.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

I too am looking forward to GW2, I just think bashing on one game is pretty childish and does nothing to enhance your position.

I enjoy WoW for now and the $15 a month is pocket change, come on it is 50 cents a day, if you're worried about $15 a month then viseo games should be the least of your worries.  :)

I just hope that GW2 will be better than GW1 as I grew bored of it rather quick when it was released.

• iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

I gotta agree with above folks who say that A-nets dev team is the best part of GW2. I feel like they could be one of my friends that I used to play wow with. I loved wow, but like any game after so much playing and lack of innovation I got tired of the game. My friends and I gravitated to almost every mmo that followed after wow. Each one offered something unique, but they didn't have the balls to try something truly new, instead choosing to base gameplay and features off of "the wow model" and perhaps tweak or twist a feature here and there to make it seem fresh.

It's as if the A-net devs where right there with me, inside my mind as I was thinking "Damn, I wish they would do this, or that." or "Wouldn't it be awesome if they had...". They took nearly every major complaint I had about mmo's lately and addressed it. On top of that they actually back it up with raw gameplay footage.  A-net certainly got my money for GW1, though I was/still am terrible at it. I enjoy playing a game designed to keep me playing through the fun factor and not the carrot on a stick factor.

Now that that's been said, my favorite FEATURE in GW2 is probably the way they have handled combat. The mechanics and lvl of customization have me really excited to get my greedy hands on the game already. If anyone reading this works for A-net or knows anyone that works there....IM A REALLLLLYYY GOOOD BETA TESTER:)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Originally posted by RizelStar

100% emphatically agree.

You have devs who communicate well, who make sane choices and explain them vividly in their blogs (2nd best thing) and watch for feedback and reiterate + reiterate +... & then charge B2P (3rd best thing). Worst thing will ironically be not from the devs but some of the playerbase & exploiters.

I do wonder how exploiting can be done with the mechanics, but I'm sure there will be some exploiting. Just not sure how, since for example wvwvw you can't exploit or trade things off, like kills or anything. Maybe in PVE but then DEs...I don't know really, do you?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• jbgunzjbgunz Member UncommonPosts: 27

Best part.....umm...Its FREE? to play

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by wesjr

I too am looking forward to GW2, I just think bashing on one game is pretty childish and does nothing to enhance your position.

I enjoy WoW for now and the $15 a month is pocket change, come on it is 50 cents a day, if you're worried about $15 a month then viseo games should be the least of your worries.  :)

I just hope that GW2 will be better than GW1 as I grew bored of it rather quick when it was released.

I'm not bashing on WoW. I'm bashing on the WoW developers. They've grown stagnant and uninspired. Anyone thats played WoW since 2004 can tell you this. My 15 dollars now is not getting me nearly as much as it did then, and not nearly as much as it will with another Developer... Trion, Anet, etc... It's time for Blizzard to wake up. I think Diablo 3 Forever will be their next wake up call.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

The best part about GW2 is a return to exploration and a world that feels alive.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Its perfect MMO for age group i am in : 30+ father and working man.

1. It allows quick pick up play - no need to wait for groups

2. Its complex hardcore without being time consuming - no need to grind - jump in and have fun

3. Its B2P - meaning i can play when i want and have time to. - No more playing just because i have subscription going.