Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Were your groups ever stuck in a dungeon ?

2»

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by nariusseldon

I remember sucking long time ago when i played EQ.

Hey...I wanted to get KEI or SOW as much as the next guy but can't say I ever went that far.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Vanguard *might* go pay to win ... we dont know that yet.

If there is no pay to play option available any more, I'll be gone. Its sad but ... well I had a LOT of fun in Vanguard, but pay to win is not an option for me.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Originally posted by killahh

Guys like nariusseldon is what has destroyed this industry

Agreed, he is the WoW posterboy. "Developers must make MY GAME under MY TERMS or i'll stomp my feet and cry".

I thought developers made their own game, how they wanted, and we chose which one to play? No, that was the 90's. From 2004 and beyond, things got bass ackwards.

No. People like me .. are what developers are responding to and move the industry forward. Finally they realize that people have lives and games need to be made to add entertainment to life, NOT to replace it.

And actually i don't need to stomp my feet or anyting. I will just vote with my wallet.

Heck, i am doing it with open eyes. I played MMOs BEFORE UO, and EQ .. so i know how bad (as games) those products were.

I don't apologize for what i find fun .. and i will, once again, vote with my wallet. I advise you to do the same if you don't share my preference. It is a free world.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by delete5230

Remember the good old days ?

I'll admit, I don't go way back to mmo's like EQ1 or UO, but Several years back when mmo's were still somewhat hard at times, I had a lot of fun.....Fun because of playing with the community and making friends.

World of Warcraft dungeons were hard for me at least the first time around. Remember Scarlet Monastery ? Traveling across the land into Horde territory avoiding Horde with your group, only to make it to the entrance to find five or six high levels blocking the entrance. Some of your group would stand and fight, others would run to the instance quickly just to get in. SOME WOULD EVEN SACRIFICE THEM SELFS just so others could make it.

Remember being in a dungeon with your group, being stuck in a room, realizing that your group is just too low for the content, but no one would say anything. Everyones armor would be red and broke. Remember having a Warlock that would allow others to Hart Stone out for repairs, then summons everyone back....Remember playing that instance for three straight hours.

ESQ was like that too....Even Dungeon and Dragons Online....Groups would be stuck, and would have to really work hard at developing a game plan......YOUR PROBLEMS SEEMED REAL !!!

Now everything stinks.....And don't give me that crap about dungeon finders and fast leveling is the way of the future. If you don't have time just don't go to a dungeon that night, if you never have time you should not be playing an mmo !!!!

Vanguard was the last of it's kind and now it's going F2P....So I guess it's over.

LFD *is* the future. You don't like it, so?

I am voting with my dollars. I won't play a game without a good LFD function. If i don't have time, i still want to go to a dungeon and i will pay for a game that support that. What are you going to do? That is my FREEDOM of how i want to play a game.

In fact, i am a consumer. I will only pay for games on MY TERMS. So should ever one else. Vote with your dollars.

I don't have time and I want to play a MMO and I *am* playign one. There is NOTHIGN you can do about it.

think the point is EVERY GAME is like that now.  We, those who do not like that feature, should be represented also - our money spends just as well as yours.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by ElderRat

Originally posted by delete5230

Remember the good old days ?

I'll admit, I don't go way back to mmo's like EQ1 or UO, but Several years back when mmo's were still somewhat hard at times, I had a lot of fun.....Fun because of playing with the community and making friends.

World of Warcraft dungeons were hard for me at least the first time around. Remember Scarlet Monastery ? Traveling across the land into Horde territory avoiding Horde with your group, only to make it to the entrance to find five or six high levels blocking the entrance. Some of your group would stand and fight, others would run to the instance quickly just to get in. SOME WOULD EVEN SACRIFICE THEM SELFS just so others could make it.

Remember being in a dungeon with your group, being stuck in a room, realizing that your group is just too low for the content, but no one would say anything. Everyones armor would be red and broke. Remember having a Warlock that would allow others to Hart Stone out for repairs, then summons everyone back....Remember playing that instance for three straight hours.

ESQ was like that too....Even Dungeon and Dragons Online....Groups would be stuck, and would have to really work hard at developing a game plan......YOUR PROBLEMS SEEMED REAL !!!

Now everything stinks.....And don't give me that crap about dungeon finders and fast leveling is the way of the future. If you don't have time just don't go to a dungeon that night, if you never have time you should not be playing an mmo !!!!

Vanguard was the last of it's kind and now it's going F2P....So I guess it's over.

LFD *is* the future. You don't like it, so?

I am voting with my dollars. I won't play a game without a good LFD function. If i don't have time, i still want to go to a dungeon and i will pay for a game that support that. What are you going to do? That is my FREEDOM of how i want to play a game.

In fact, i am a consumer. I will only pay for games on MY TERMS. So should ever one else. Vote with your dollars.

I don't have time and I want to play a MMO and I *am* playign one. There is NOTHIGN you can do about it.

think the point is EVERY GAME is like that now.  We, those who do not like that feature, should be represented also - our money spends just as well as yours.

Of course. You spend your money. I spend mine. We will see where the market is going.

And you can't argue you are not represented, since there are more of you here ranting everyday than me. My key point is that ranting gets you no where. Spend your money wisely. That may.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

There were times in EQ when I found myself deep in a dungeon with stuff respawned behind me and no easy way out.  Anyone who played a melee/hybrid character in EQ will understand that.

I have a bit of a horror story about the Tower of Frozen Shadow in EQ which relates to this.  Not so much horror for me but for the guys I was grouped with it was really bad.  I'll see if I can make this reasonably short.

Ok, there were five of us in the group.  One guy had the keys and knew his way around, the rest of us had never been in the tower before.  Someone in the group had to have keys to get you up each successive level and if he died the keys stayed on his body.

So up we went.  On the fourth floor things went bad.  Very bad.  We were barely strong enough to even be there and we got multiple mobs on us.  Everyone dropped pretty fast except me because they were all soft targets and I was the only tank (paladin).  Miracuously I managed to get the mobs rooted and back away before they killed me.  But then I had a serious problem;  I didn't know how to get out and of course I couldn't gate because only pure casters could gate.  I also didn't have time to sit around thinking about it so I did the only thing I could, I camped out my pally and logged in with a lower level alt.

What followed was hours and hours of the other guys desparately trying to get back to their bodies and me feeling terrible because I couldn't help unless I logged my main back in and suicided, which nobody expected me to do.  But at the same time my main was trapped where I had logged him out untill they got back and secured the area so I could safely log back in. 

God that was a terrible night.  It went on and on for hours.  Some of them died multiple times trying to get back up there.  Finally they made it back with some help from other people.  Finally I was able to log my main back in and get the heck out of there.  Two of the people in that group refused to ever set foot in that place again because of that night.  I myself went right back the very next day and with a different group I managed to get most of the keys for myself.  Subsequently I spent a great deal of time in there but after that experience I learned to make those Thurgadin gate potions and I always had one on me after that.