Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apology to the MMORPG Community

UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Inspired by another thread...

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt apology to each and every one of you for I erred and worse, I knew I erred while going ahead and doing it anyways.

I was weak; I was lonely as I had been fighting to hold out for weeks, months even.  I succumbed to the temptation.  I just needed a quick fix and so I purchased SWTOR last month.  I knew it was not of the game model I craved.  I knew it would provide mere moments of pleasure.  I knew it would feed the Fat Cats and cause them to fund even more crap in the future.

I was right.  I brought only pain.  Despair.  Even more loss to my life and my friends.  Even my own wife paid the price of a copy.  She also is worse off for my err.  Already I have canceled my subscription and I pledge it will remain ever more unpaid. 

So I sincerely offer an apology to my brother and sister MMORPGers - to both those who walk the path with me and understand my plight and to those who don't know of what I speak, but will now be even farther from the possibility of understanding ever.

Please do not judge me too harshly.  It is cold on the streets and the warmth of a good lazy boy and a warm glossy disk filled with promises (though they be empty ones at that) is hard to resist at times, but I will do better.  I am better than this and with the lord's guidance I will remain true.  Just give me one more shot.

Thank you stopping by to for hear my confession.  That is all.

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

You monster ...

How COULD YOU!

*runs off crying*

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

the horror... the horror

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You drama queen you image

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Tolate damn you for this unforgiveble mistake.

Now write down 1000 times " My fellow mmorpg friends i will never do this again "

And ill forgive you:)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by forest-nl

Tolate damn you for this unforgiveble mistake.

Now write down 1000 times " My fellow mmorpg friends i will never do this again "

And ill forgive you:)

I believe the cane is the only way to forgiveness in this case. That or self flagellation as there's no way we could forgive him for trying a game otherwise.

We could always nail him to a cross?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I will forgive you if you partake in the great sport of... Joinin the mmorpg.com steam group!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• lappaslappas Member Posts: 67

Don't be too hard hard on yourself :) I also was sucked in by TOR. In fact I suspect there are many, many people on that same sinking ship.

I have no excuse. I played beta for about 3 x months. I knew exactly what was coming, yet I still lined up on release day. I still ask myself 'why?'. I think mainly out of desperation and hope. I somehow believed that the 'EA magical wand' would be cast over the TOR and all would be well within my MMO world. Am I embarassed by that, you betcha. Yet I haven't sought counselling, I just resigned myself to the fact that life will move on, the sun will still shine. Truth is, there is no 'magical wand' at EA, it went missing a long time ago.

Which brings me to an interesting point. Should there be counsellors for MMO gamers? lol :)

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The first step is admission, well done.

Now, go get cleaned up and don't let me see you near this drug dealer again.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Uproar

Inspired by another thread...

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt apology to each and every one of you for I erred and worse, I knew I erred while going ahead and doing it anyways.

I was weak; I was lonely as I had been fighting to hold out for weeks, months even.  I succumbed to the temptation.  I just needed a quick fix and so I purchased SWTOR last month.  I knew it was not of the game model I craved.  I knew it would provide mere moments of pleasure.  I knew it would feed the Fat Cats and cause them to fund even more crap in the future.

I was right.  I brought only pain.  Despair.  Even more loss to my life and my friends.  Even my own wife paid the price of a copy.  She also is worse off for my err.  Already I have canceled my subscription and I pledge it will remain ever more unpaid. 

So I sincerely offer an apology to my brother and sister MMORPGers - to both those who walk the path with me and understand my plight and to those who don't know of what I speak, but will now be even farther from the possibility of understanding ever.

Please do not judge me too harshly.  It is cold on the streets and the warmth of a good lazy boy and a warm glossy disk filled with promises (though they be empty ones at that) is hard to resist at times, but I will do better.  I am better than this and with the lord's guidance I will remain true.  Just give me one more shot.

Thank you stopping by to for hear my confession.  That is all.

LOL .. why do you think you owe people on the internet anything?

Certainly you should cancel your sub if you are not having fun .. but if you do, what is the problem?

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Well OP, your biggest punishment won't come from the mmorpg community, but from yourself...from your own guilt over having funded and assisted the perpetuation of absolute garbage, generic mmo's. So it's good to feel good that you've realized your mistake, but YOU will have to be the one who lives with the guilt for the REST of your life. Can you handle that kind of weight on your shoulders?

Originally posted by RefMinor

Anything that sells 2M boxes is more popular than all the sandbox games ... at least for a while.

Boxes gathering dust in a cupboard don't count anymore, just how many do you think of those 2m thought it was good enough to have paid a continuing subscription.

1.7M at last count.

Plus, why people are obsessed with subs? How many games sell 2M copies? CODs has no subs at all. Is it a popular game? How about Guild Wars?

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Why say sorry,its your cash,spend it on what you like.I have problems with people who slagged the game off and then bought it or made up some dumb excuse that someone else bought it for them.I played beta and it was enough to convince me never to buy the pathetic excuse for an MMO.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Anything that sells 2M boxes is more popular than all the sandbox games ... at least for a while.

Boxes gathering dust in a cupboard don't count anymore, just how many do you think of those 2m thought it was good enough to have paid a continuing subscription.

1.7M at last count.

Plus, why people are obsessed with subs? How many games sell 2M copies? CODs has no subs at all. Is it a popular game? How about Guild Wars?

1.7m was before the end of the free month on 22nd Jan, you will note no figures have been released since. Oh, I thought TOR was subscrtion based, so that was how I was judging its success.

1.7M at last count.

1.7m was before the end of the free month on 22nd Jan, you will note no figures have been released since.

Exactly. No one can say the sub is bad (or good) at this point.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

I feel for the OP but really, you don't owe anyone anything. I bought this game because my mate is loving it and he wants to play so I jumped. Frankly its become a chore but the urge to get a better looking jedi dress is overwelming (what do developers have against dyes?).  2012 is going to be the summer of love with a raft of new MMOs to hit the market. I'm sure he'll get borred eventually and move on to the next game, hopefully GW2, Firefall or Tera (played at night after everyone has gone to bed as it could get me in trouble with the wife).

As much as the gameplay of Tor is a step backwards, I wish them success as it may mean more developers consider sci-fi MMOs viable.

At least they're no elves.image

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

The fact that you've recognized that the only thing you've accomplished by purchasing this game is to encourage Monolitic Corporations like EA to continue pumping out substandard, unfinished, garbage games is an apology enough.

It's a warning that all young gamers should heed.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

you are NOT forgiven!

you have been a horrible, horrible person!

you are now hereby banished to playing Hello Kitty Online until you can quote every single purr variation blind folded.....after that you can move up to Mabinogi wile you further clense your tarnished reputation, and if you are VERY LUCKY you will one day be accepted back into the upper stratosfear of the gaming comunity. IF.....you are lucky.....

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

1.7M at last count.

1.7m was before the end of the free month on 22nd Jan, you will note no figures have been released since.

Exactly. No one can say the sub is bad (or good) at this point.

Really, if the figures were good, do you not think Bioware would be trumpetting them in a self congratulaory video by now?
  • KienKien Member Posts: 520

Can I have your stuff? :)

This discussion has been closed.