Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION Online Scandal

angryrangerangryranger Member Posts: 7

Israphel ELyos Governor, Mortred, posts a livestream of himself hacking on the Aion ONline official forums, yet NCSOFT is protecting him.  No evidence emerges that he's personal friends with the GMs and has been getting privileged information as well as protection from bans.  EVE anyone?

Comments

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

His AP is 0.  Doesn't look protected to me. 

Plus, the livestream didn't show him using it, it showed that he left up a folder that showed it was on his computer. He most likely didn't use it during the live stream, but the evidence was there nontheless.

I'm not going to link the video since it shows the hack he used, but you can google it.

Here is his character - his rank still says 1, but look at his AP - they took it all.  He most likely recieved a temp ban and not a perma ban, but even so - his AP is gone.

• angryrangerangryranger Member Posts: 7

Yes, he claimed that he uses those illegal programs to test the game.  WHy in heaven's name would he have that folder open while he played, and why were the date/timestamps modified that same day, if he wasn't cheating?  I say, it does stretch the bounds of credulity.

update.  they stripped Mortred's AP, but they have not banned him for admitting to hacking.  WHere is your soul, ncsoft?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

NC soft always been relatively soft with cheaters, there is a reason so many of their games is filled with bots.

Yeah, he should be banned, no question about it.

Since he's close friends with the GMs, he's bragging on his livestream that ncsoft won't touch him.  wow.  nice integrity.

Originally posted by Loke666

NC soft always been relatively soft with cheaters, there is a reason so many of their games is filled with bots.

Yeah, he should be banned, no question about it.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    He was banded, i was on the game when the news went down. He is gone for good, and thank god he is.
  • BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

I guess NCSoft are handing this game over to a new company during the F2P,  I don't think they care much about people hacking now - even though the guy was banded *cough*!

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    For EU players yes to gameforge i think it's called. But NA players no there is no switch.
    Originally posted by punkrock

He was banded, i was on the game when the news went down. He is gone for good, and thank god he is.

He is only suspended as far as I know. His character remains on the site. They will shove this under the rug. No ethics.
  • Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

too much pressure must remain #1 so must cheat lol.

King Mortred came into our elyos vent today and demanded that we, his loyal subjects, lobby NCSOFT on his behalf.