Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im looking for a MMORPG where...

hello guys, this is the first time im posting in the forums and i would like to know if theres any MMORPG where you can:

-Gain lvls, equipment like a normal MMORPG
-Where you can buy a piece of the land or map and invest game money/gold on it to make it more wealthy etc.
-3D

do you know any of that kind??
i once saw on the news(internet) a guy who bought a piece of land on "xxxxx" game (cant recall the name) and the charges in game money to other users so they can get into his land and mine for gold, fish, etc...

i cant remember the name of the game and i would like to know if theres any other game with similiar specs.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• chintinchintin Member Posts: 4

anyone know??? =(

• SnoopyLTKSnoopyLTK Member Posts: 29
    the closest thing i can think of is... conquer online :) you can buy a house a buy furniture... pretty fun game

Knight Online Character Stats
    Level-25
    Race-Rouge
    Job-Ranger

• strigoiviistrigoivii Member Posts: 173

starwars galaxies, you can join a player city, place a house, and put furniture and paintings in it. Player based economy, you might like that. and its starwars!

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

I guess you misunderstood the news, there was Utopia in the news where some guy boughed a virtual landmass for a great ammount of money, but that money wasn't realy ingame money ;)

And I guess there aren't much games out that let you control a full piece of land and improve it. There are however a few games out that support player housing. Like the poster said above SWG is one of those. Shadowbane is also worth looking into it I think then.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• Joel1120Joel1120 Member Posts: 624

I'm going to suggest There to you. First off There is more of a Virtual World then a MMORPG. It has some basic MMORPG elements like leveling, but in a different way. You can rent land and build on it, they are working on terraforming tools at the moment.

There has endless possibilities. Unlike most MMORPGs your not forced to kill or quest in There. You can create, explore, build, race, paintball, host events, and alot more. There is what you make it and your not forced to do one thing.

There gives you powerful 3D modeling tools to create clothing, viechels, and new items. All these things can be placed in world and edited. There has a deep member controled economy. Since the economy is set up for the trading of US Dollors into Tbucks your able to make money yourself.

Also There has a rich back story, there are many temples and ruins laying around all over. The best part of There is its member created mostly. Members are thinking of new ways to have fun and new things to do all the time, its very exiting to see some of the things members come up with.

There

See you in There!

There

The only limitation in There is your own imagination!

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

^ looks like Sims online done right.....never heard of it,but it has a free 3 day trial w/ no CC REQUIRED!!HELL YEA!!

Um....Shadowbane,maybe...but populations is really killing that game atm :P

SWG Yea...

Ultima Online,u can build a house.......

Dark Age of Camelot u can buy a house and stuff in it....

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Rofl Joel is back

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

Originally posted by LILLIPPA328
    ^ looks like Sims online done right.....never heard of it,but it has a free 3 day trial w/ no CC REQUIRED!!HELL YEA!!Um....Shadowbane,maybe...but populations is really killing that game atm :P
    SWG Yea...

Please, There is so different from The Sims Online. In fact during closed beta There got a huge flood of members from The Sims Online. I happen to of came from Second Life to There instead of from The Sims Online.

There is 90% user created. People make their own cities, towns, shops, stores, viechels, clothing. Almost everything you see is member made. There does have company made ruins and temples but other then that most of the content is member made.

There

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Originally posted by Joel1120

Originally posted by LILLIPPA328
    ^ looks like Sims online done right.....never heard of it,but it has a free 3 day trial w/ no CC REQUIRED!!HELL YEA!!

Um....Shadowbane,maybe...but populations is really killing that game atm :P

SWG Yea...

Please, There is so different from The Sims Online. In fact during closed beta There got a huge flood of members from The Sims Online. I happen to of came from Second Life to There instead of from The Sims Online.

There is 90% user created. People make their own cities, towns, shops, stores, viechels, clothing. Almost everything you see is member made. There does have company made ruins and temples but other then that most of the content is member made.

Shut it, noones interested in There

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ZornixZornix Member Posts: 3

hmm, I was thinking of Project Entropia.
    there is a guy who bought an island there for real money.
    maybe it was that that you saw.

• chintinchintin Member Posts: 4

weeeeeeee, thank you for all your answers guys , i think im gonna try There.

and yeah, it was project entropia.

thanks again

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by chintin
    weeeeeeee, thank you for all your answers guys , i think im gonna try There.and yeah, it was project entropia.thanks again
    hmm seems Joel got a victim found, strangely but true ::::06::

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

Originally posted by Bhazir
    Originally posted by chintin
    weeeeeeee, thank you for all your answers guys , i think im gonna try There.and yeah, it was project entropia.thanks again
    hmm seems Joel got a victim found, strangely but true ::::06::

Just another reason why i'm gonna stick around. It was exactly what he wanted, with more added. Not everyone wants to kill "pixels" as you call them...

/Case Closed ::::28::

There

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    Rofl Joel is back

Yeah, Joel does seem to regard There as one size fits all, and I personally have no desire to play the game. But it does actually fit what the OP requested.

Chris Mattern

• KalvynKalvyn Member Posts: 56

Case closed? You just begun a full blown arguement. I tried the trial for There. I'd rather not have to pay real money every time I want to have fun. "There" is just an animated chatroom with games added on the side.

Originally posted by Kalvyn
    Case closed? You just begun a full blown arguement. I tried the trial for There. I'd rather not have to pay real money every time I want to have fun. "There" is just an animated chatroom with games added on the side.

There is a vision of pure creativity. Some of the gratest minds in technology and society worked on There, night and day. They are listening to the community more then ever, There will grow and change rapidly over the coming months.

The community of There has shown limits do not matter when we work together. I've been in There over a year, i've seen There grow and change before my eyes. I've seen buildings in the middle of no where form and become cities and towns.

Its a magical sight to see and know that your helping build this world. I have great passion for There, i've been in many discussions on the future of There. I've seen it all and I continue to stand by There. I may not agree with some of the things they are doing but i've yet to complete all that there is to be done.

In case you didn't know i'm disliked in the forums of There. I'm well known for my ideas on in world content creation and scripting. People think these ideas would turn There into a clone of Second Life, a world full of sex and slander.

I'm fighting a battle for the future of There and I can't keep up with some of you pests. I can not stand by and let the MAB ignore ideas which need to be heard. Our last chance at having There truly free of limits is our new community manager.

Its either that or I attempt to develope a new version of There. The company has had a long history, There has had bad and good times. Though it all the community has come together. I really need to put my time into the developement of these ideas, so please lay off.

There

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by Joel1120
    Originally posted by Kalvyn

There is a vision of pure creativity. Some of the gratest minds in technology and society worked on There, night and day. They are listening to the community more then ever, There will grow and change rapidly over the coming months.

The community of There has shown limits do not matter when we work together. I've been in There over a year, i've seen There grow and change before my eyes. I've seen buildings in the middle of no where form and become cities and towns.

Its a magical sight to see and know that your helping build this world. I have great passion for There, i've been in many discussions on the future of There. I've seen it all and I continue to stand by There. I may not agree with some of the things they are doing but i've yet to complete all that there is to be done.

In case you didn't know i'm disliked in the forums of There. I'm well known for my ideas on in world content creation and scripting. People think these ideas would turn There into a clone of Second Life, a world full of sex and slander.

I'm fighting a battle for the future of There and I can't keep up with some of you pests. I can not stand by and let the MAB ignore ideas which need to be heard. Our last chance at having There truly free of limits is our new community manager.

Its either that or I attempt to develope a new version of There. The company has had a long history, There has had bad and good times. Though it all the community has come together. I really need to put my time into the developement of these ideas, so please lay off.

um....damn....chill man,its a game....and a game company.....every game company goes threw that crap...why not fight for Shadowbane?I loved that game,but the population is gone from there,fight for that....its only 5$ in stores......5$!!!!!

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• JasonBourneJasonBourne Member Posts: 8
    RuneScape.  Great graphics compared to the Classic version, 3D, and the developers will be releasing player owned houses in a few weeks (And the skill Carpentry).  The skills in the game are: Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Magic, Range, Mining, Smithing, Cooking, Fishing, Slayer, Farming, Theiving, Agility, RuneCrafting, Woodcutting, Fletching, Prayer, and Crafting.