Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TotalBiscuit GW2 video preview exploration dungeon, underwater boss and more.

aguliondewaguliondew Member Posts: 95

TotalBiscuit talk about some of his upcoming GW2 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQ6BJilW1I&feature=plcp&context=C311378cUDOEgsToPDskJTkEFndEHP8h9NP3QwvLCW

I am very excited to see what exploration mode dungeons have to offer. His said he has 2hrs of exploration mode video to edit.  

Comments

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

I thought only story mode dungeons were available during the press beta o_O

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Originally posted by Serelisk

He is a member of the press, just like the Yogscast. He just went to Finland after he got all the footage and it has been sitting in his computer all this time.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by Quenchster

Originally posted by Serelisk

He is a member of the press, just like the Yogscast. He just went to Finland after he got all the footage and it has been sitting in his computer all this time.

Yeah, he is saying that story mode was only available he thought...not exploration mode, which is a variation of the dungeon.

Uhh... what?

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Quick question... what's this exploration mode I keep hearing about? Are dungeons instanced or not?

• KitynKityn Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by Garvon3

Quick question... what's this exploration mode I keep hearing about? Are dungeons instanced or not?

Dungeons are instanced. To have access to a Dungeon you first have to do it in Story Mode. Story Mode further tells the story of Destinys Edge. Beating the Dungeon in Story Mode unlocks Explorable Mode for the Dungeon. Explorable Mode is far more difficult that Story Mode.

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

listening to this is a little like listening to Kim Kardashian talk about all the bikini shopping she's been doing lately and what goes into that process

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Kityn

Dungeons are instanced. To have access to a Dungeon you first have to do it in Story Mode. Story Mode further tells the story of Destinys Edge. Beating the Dungeon in Story Mode unlocks Explorable Mode for the Dungeon. Explorable Mode is far more difficult that Story Mode.

So there are no uninstanced dungeons in the game? Man, why bother trying to make the rest of the world seem open :/

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

So there are no uninstanced dungeons in the game? Man, why bother trying to make the rest of the world seem open :/

Well, if you think about it the whole world is sort of a dungeon with all the DE's.  

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There are many uninstanced open dungeons and caves in the world, and they even have DE's.  But they dont have a story mode,  As they are open.

These things are not mutuall exclusive

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

"Dungeons" are instanced, but it is what ANET call an instance. That does not mean that there are no caves, evil fotresses and other stuff none instanced.. In fact the underwater city where the ancient dragon live is in the open world.

There will be plenty of open world stuff that could be called a dungeons, anet just don´t so we wont get even more confused.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

There isnt many games that have unistanced dungeons, LotR, WoW, SwtoR, to name a few never had open persistant dungeons,  The only game I can recall having dungeons open and persistant was FFXI and even some of them had invisible walls to zone through.

Having open and persistant dungeons creates its own problems as we had seen in FFXI, gold farmers, grievers, xp parties, guilds farming, splash damage, all added problems for those that needed  to access the same dungeon for specific mobs.  Creating an instance creates a better enviorment for a group to carry out its tasks without further hinderance from outside its group.  The former did have it fun factor for some players, but it also creates harrassment issues.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

open world in Tera and guild wars got several channels, so if there was a open world dungeon you could kill boss, chance channel, and kill it again :)

btw here is the link without the suspicious context=C311378cUDOEgsToPDskJTkEFndEHP8h9NP3QwvLCW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQ6BJilW1I

• aguliondewaguliondew Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by Arcona

open world in Tera and guild wars got several channels, so if there was a open world dungeon you could kill boss, chance channel, and kill it again :)

btw here is the link without the suspicious context=C311378cUDOEgsToPDskJTkEFndEHP8h9NP3QwvLCW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQ6BJilW1I

I just linked the address that was in my address bar I did not think that the context= would be anything new. That context= is just what I see whenever I go to a video from my subscription tab. If I were to link the video again the context= would change to G2e1f25fFAAAAAAAAPAA but I linked it last night so it is something different. I am sure everyone has heard of TB before so if they thought it was suspicious they could just find his channel. Anyways thanks for the other link.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Not looking forward to any of his stuff. the information is old now, and he's not good at MMO's as he is at shooters(his wife and lackies even worse) so it's no good to watch for gameplay.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Actually Guild Wars 2 sort of has uninstanced Dungeons. Here's an example right here. However the most difficult PvE content in GW2 will be the Explorable Mode Dungeons, which are instanced.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fonyfony Member Posts: 755

think i just found my guild name, Demons Don't Dodge.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

This title is misleading...... there is NO actual footage of GW2 in it..... just him playing TRIBES beta and talking

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Instancing and limiting player count is very important for designing terrain and encounters. Don't worry, you'll have to fight Zhaitan in the open world. Hence there will be enough epic moments in the game with hundreds of players to share with.