Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Controls

TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65

I understand that this is a FPS style game and has FPS styl controls. Does it offer any controls similar to WoW's two-mouse button run controls? Or do you always have to use WASD to move and steer with the mouse?

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by NevadaJake

I understand that this is a FPS style game and has FPS styl controls. Does it offer any controls similar to WoW's two-mouse button run controls? Or do you always have to use WASD to move and steer with the mouse?

"num lock" is the default key to set auto run to on/off.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Uses the exact same controls. Holding both mouse buttons and you move towards teh direction the camera is facing.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Xasapis
    Uses the exact same controls. Holding both mouse buttons and you move towards teh direction the camera is facing.

Odd, with me it was trying to use the skills set to LMB and RMB alternatively...

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

Originally posted by ChromeBallz

Odd, with me it was trying to use the skills set to LMB and RMB alternatively...

You asked me about movement, not using the skills.

pressing down LMB does the fast general attack, unless you changed the attack

Pressing and releasing RMB does the utility attack or heal or dodge or whatever class specific skill there is

Pressing and holding RMB controls the camera

Pressing and holding RMB and then LMB and you start moving towards where the camera is pointing.

I thought that stuff was elementary 101 WASD utilisation of the mouse. Tera is not doing anything groundbreaking with the camera, and I'm glad for it.

• PangentorPangentor Member Posts: 129

Mouse movement controls the camera, left and right click control your primary attack, and dodge-type skill.  All other spells/attacks are fired from 1-12 and F-keys.  Tera has in-game support for a controller.  So not quite a FPS set-up, but definately not a WoW set-up.

• steffx74steffx74 Member Posts: 8

I preordered on Saturday, played for 30 minutes, saw how horrible the game controls were, asked for full refund, got it, happy now. This is horrible to play like that. Press this for this, press this for that. wow, so much anticipation for nothing. Even to pick up things off the floor you have to keep pressing a key, really?

What a disapointment. Waiting for GW2, hopefully they won't fuck it up too.

Originally posted by steffx74

I preordered on Saturday, played for 30 minutes, saw how horrible the game controls were, asked for full refund, got it, happy now. This is horrible to play like that. Press this for this, press this for that. wow, so much anticipation for nothing. Even to pick up things off the floor you have to keep pressing a key, really?

What a disapointment. Waiting for GW2, hopefully they won't fuck it up too.

To each their own. Having tab-less targetting would certainly alienate some people. I, for example, now have issues going back to games where I need to play the quickbar game. It's even worse because I like healing and I got to play the hotbar game too.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Having to play for the game, its not for steffx74

Maybe they can fill in some six week long macros for ya bud.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by ChromeBallz

You asked me about movement, not using the skills.
    pressing down LMB does the fast general attack, unless you changed the attack
    Pressing and releasing RMB does the utility attack or heal or dodge or whatever class specific skill there is
    Pressing and holding RMB controls the camera
    Pressing and holding RMB and then LMB and you start moving towards where the camera is pointing.

I thought that stuff was elementary 101 WASD utilisation of the mouse. Tera is not doing anything groundbreaking with the camera, and I'm glad for it.

Holding RMB is blocking for my berserker. Camera movement is automatic, there's no holding of the mouse to move your camera?

Pressing LMB and RMB activates the skills you have put in those slots, are you sure you've actually played the Tera beta?

Edit: 'Elementary' WASD movement originates from Quake... Which did not need holding of RMB to move the camera ;p

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

I love TERA target/movement/combat system and i wish i could do that in all mmo's that i play.

Yes, my bad, brain fart there. When you're in action mode the mouse rotates the camera around, you don't need to press a mouse button.