Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Thanks Me For Subscribing To SWTOR A Month After I Canceled

sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72

I just got an email where EA thanks me and confrims my continuing subscription to SWTOR. Trouble is I canceled nearly a month ago. Pissed me off when I first saw it because I thought they resubscribed me. 

Then I check the date and see that they are thanking me NOW for the monthly billing they made on Jan 21! I also notice I never received a cancelation notice.

What's up with a company that takes over a month to send out an automated confirmation email? I suppose I'll get confirmation of my cancelation sometimes in April. 

I've been unsubscribed from SWTOR for nearly a month and I've never once missed it. This game made less lasting impression on me than any other MMO I ever played. 

Comments

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Lol, that's just an awesome fail. Even more evidence for me to never go anywhere near SWTOR.

Where's the any key?

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Rofl I got the same shit last night. I scurried to my computer, "got update from my iphone" and logged onto Swtor. I yelled FUCK beforehand thinking I was getting billed another month, just to find out they were thanking me for jan sub. Sigh what a suck company. EA has ruined any chance ill touch TSW now to, unless stellar reviews come back. Sadly looks like i'll follow the MMORPG hype and play GW2, or Tera now.

• JahzirJahzir Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by sirchive

I just got an email where EA thanks me and confrims my continuing subscription to SWTOR. Trouble is I canceled nearly a month ago. Pissed me off when I first saw it because I thought they resubscribed me. 

Then I check the date and see that they are thanking me NOW for the monthly billing they made on Jan 21! I also notice I never received a cancelation notice.

What's up with a company that takes over a month to send out an automated confirmation email? I suppose I'll get confirmation of my cancelation sometimes in April. 

I've been unsubscribed from SWTOR for nearly a month and I've never once missed it. This game made less lasting impression on me than any other MMO I ever played. 

Same here, I never got so bored on a  MMO game so fast.

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188

Originally posted by hotix

unless stellar reviews come back. 

SWoWTOR got stellar reviews from almost every game site.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    For the eleventh freaking time that this has been posted here, Bioware already acknowledged that there was a mistake with their email system and apologized to everyone affected.

Seriously, this has been posted here multiple times. It's time to get over it.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

I had a friend who had someone give him a copy of SW:ToR.

My friend called me and asked if I wanted the copy.... I said sure, well I just got done playing ToR and damn was it a terrible experience.

If you except that ToR is a single player game with multiplayer support tacked on then you will be ok, but god help us! Bioware should be ashamed!

ToR in no way or shape and form feels like an online world.

ToR is a linear boring single player quest driven game with nothing to do.

The pvp in ToR is terrible and once you do the quests for the classes you have only one thing to do and thats to chase the carrot for gear.

:(

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?