Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So TSW aims to revolutionize PVE like how GW2/TERA aims to revolutionize PVP?

I admit I haven't read much about TSW so I am correct to say this?

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

I've got the straight edge.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

How does TERA revolutionize PvP? There is no point in PvPing in TERA other then to increase your epeen. Also, technically, GW2 isn't revloutionizing PvP either since alls it's doing is returning to DAOC style PvP so if anything they are backtracking. I would say GW2 is changing PvE more then PvP and TERA is only changing combat to a rip off style of Monster Hunter with button mashy skills thrown in it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

It's not revolution, it's evolution.

PvP with 3 sides are not revo - it's evo DAoC.

In scenarios (minigames, battlegrounds warzones and so on) TSW evolved better - 3 sides are much more better than 2. In RvR (or WvW, Warzone) they are equal, but GW2 can handled 300 ppl, TSW so far 100.  Its hard to say what is better - how zergy they are - but due to my WAR - 100 is better than 300, more focus.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Gw2 isn't revoloutionising pvp, its doing a somewhat cutback daoc. I think it will still be good pvp but it won't beat daoc imo.

Tera is doing the same old same old wow pvp, but with different combat, there's nothing new with its pvp at all.

Gw2 is being revolutionary with pve though.
    Tsw was looking like doing daoc lite like gw2, but I'm afraid cutting back to just one warzone will be a major clusterf##k, everyone zerging on one location, ok 3 sides so won't be as bad as swtor, but I'm disappointed that tsw of late has started moving in a more pve orientated (and linear progression) direction.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

The level up process in TSW may be different due to the somewhat unique skill deck/build system -

but make no mistakes that you will be doing quests, have tons of instancing, and that the holy trinity of tank/dps/heal is in full on effect.

Revolutionizing PvE as much as TOR does/did with VO.

Just a new, shiny package for the same old thing we've been doing since 2004.

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Gw2 isn't revoloutionising pvp, its doing a somewhat cutback daoc. I think it will still be good pvp but it won't beat daoc imo.

Tera is doing the same old same old wow pvp, but with different combat, there's nothing new with its pvp at all.

Gw2 is being revolutionary with pve though.

It's quest get you, like in  soviet Russia. PQ in new style.  Tank,healer,dps are now  control, support, dps and are hybrid. Same old song, with new clip.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

TSW is revolutionizing Immersion in a MMO

PvE? don't know, there are going to be investigation missions, lighting mechanics, mob ecology, etc but I don't believe they are trying to revolutionize it....

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Yes it could possibly revolutionize certain aspects of PvE.

Minecraft style crafting.

Leveless progression.

Virtually no trash in dungeons.

ARG Investigative Quests (taking the game outside of the game to do research with friends.)

588 Abilities that anyone and everyone can obtain.  No ability is blocked off from you.

Movement while casting spells/abilities.  This includes moving while channeling.

Mob specific encounters and challenges tailored to the environment that you encounter.  They're not just there for you to kill things.

All placement of mobs have a purpose in the grand story of things.

Sabotage missions for you to mess with and infiltrate the other factions (note other players can 'spoil' this for you btw by interfering.)

Now stuff that's in other MMOs now or will be soon (GW2):

Motion capture and VO for all story and main missions.

Tiered missions, so others can join you in progress.

Gear independence from cosmetic (Chakras make this possible.)

Dynamic mission chains (through their tier system), so encounters will change and new bosses/mobs will spawn based on what step that mission is on.

Ability specific challenges that will force your team to switch out builds most likely to complete content (this will force people to look at utility options/strategies.)

Item missions you can find (which sound like easter eggs) that will give you more information on the conspiracies.

3 Faction persistent PvP in the game.  This will give your whole faction buffs.

2 instanced warzone/bgs that are also 3 faction PvP.

Abilties tied to weapon enhancements.  You carry two weapons at a time that switch out based on ability used.

Skill point system to add specialization and gate weapon/gear advancement.

Kick ass setting/theme (subjective I know - but it is:) )

I would say Funcom is the worst thing this game has going for it.  The brand is weak at best for most players.  If it's a strong game and the cash shop doesn't turn into a money grab, TSW could very well be mentioned in the same breath as GW2.

That said, if the game isn't that great or unstable - it will have a VERY difficult time surviving in this market I think.

Originally posted by BadSpock

The level up process in TSW may be different due to the somewhat unique skill deck/build system -

but make no mistakes that you will be doing quests, have tons of instancing, and that the holy trinity of tank/dps/heal is in full on effect.

ah come on - its not World of Cthulhucraft

Originally posted by watchawatcha

Minecraft style crafting.

Leveless progression.

Virtually no trash in dungeons.

ARG Investigative Quests (taking the game outside of the game to do research with friends.)

588 Abilities that anyone and everyone can obtain.  No ability is blocked off from you.

Movement while casting spells/abilities.  This includes moving while channeling.

Mob specific encounters and challenges tailored to the environment that you encounter.  They're not just there for you to kill things.

All placement of mobs have a purpose in the grand story of things.

Sabotage missions for you to mess with and infiltrate the other factions (note other players can 'spoil' this for you btw by interfering.)

Now stuff that's in other MMOs now or will be soon (GW2):

Motion capture and VO for all story and main missions.

Tiered missions, so others can join you in progress.

Gear independence from cosmetic (Chakras make this possible.)

Dynamic mission chains (through their tier system), so encounters will change and new bosses/mobs will spawn based on what step that mission is on.

Ability specific challenges that will force your team to switch out builds most likely to complete content (this will force people to look at utility options/strategies.)

Item missions you can find (which sound like easter eggs) that will give you more information on the conspiracies.

3 Faction persistent PvP in the game.  This will give your whole faction buffs.

2 instanced warzone/bgs that are also 3 faction PvP.

Abilties tied to weapon enhancements.  You carry two weapons at a time that switch out based on ability used.

Skill point system to add specialization and gate weapon/gear advancement.

Kick ass setting/theme (subjective I know - but it is:) )

I would say Funcom is the worst thing this game has going for it.  The brand is weak at best for most players.  If it's a strong game and the cash shop doesn't turn into a money grab, TSW could very well be mentioned in the same breath as GW2.

That said, if the game isn't that great or unstable - it will have a VERY difficult time surviving in this market I think.

gw2 is very simillar combat wise with the movement and their equivelent of the states system

Watching to see if EA buy out funcom, if that happens EA will be the worst thing about the game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

this. Its as much of a "revolution" as TOR.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Unless they are lying about how their system is placed.  The both of you couldn't be more wrong and know nothing of what TSW actually is or planned on doing.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

I don't think your game is in any danger coming from TSW.

In fact, I know a lot of people following this game would rather it not be listed on this site.

You are totally correct. Let it drop off the radar and let's move along.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Unless they are lying about how their system is placed.  The both of you couldn't be more wrong and know nothing of what TSW actually is or planned on doing.

First, what does "Unless they are laying about how their system is placed?" mean?

Second, lol I guess none of us know what they are up to since they don't really show any footage...is that what you mean? Tell me, how is there quest system any different and how is there combat any different. In a revolutionary way. Enlighten me please!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Sorry so long as it has the Holy Trinity, a monthly sub AND a shop, and a gear treadmill of any kind, this game is just not for me and certainly not in the same class of games as GW2.

Oh and GW2 is making innovations in both PVE and PVP make not mistake, the title is misleading.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Combat the complete opposite of WoW with no factions, group duels and Guild vs Guild battles.

Yup, sounds the exact same as WoW to me, some people...

Aynways, neither TERA nor GW2 is revolutionizing PvP, anyone who thinks something different than WoW, SW:TOR is revolutionary just doesn't know about other games, maybe it's not mainstream but it certainly is not revolutionary.

As for TSW, I don't know much about it, just had to throw in my two cents on other things.

First, what does "Unless they are laying about how their system is placed?" mean?

Second, lol I guess none of us know what they are up to since they don't really show any footage...is that what you mean? Tell me, how is there quest system any different and how is there combat any different. In a revolutionary way.

[mod edit]

So I ask for reasons and arguments and thats all you have to say?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Don86

I think GW2 is going for both, but yeah, TSW tries as well.

For one thing will the quests be massive and you can only have one main and one side quest at the same time.

TSWs really big thing isn´t PvE though but character mechanics. It´s leveless mechanics are somewhat different from other themepark mechanics we seen earlier.

Let's see - I already detailed where possible ideas could revolutionize the genre earlier in this thread and you thought I mispelled lying and tried - I guess, making fun of me for it?  not sure about that part.  Regardless, yes LOL that's all I have to say to you :)

Let's see - I already detailed where possible ideas could revolutionize the genre earlier in this thread and you thought I mispelled lying and tried - I guess, making fun of me for it?  not sure about that part.  Regardless, yes LOL that's all I have to say to you :)

I did not try to make fun of anything, that was a typo I did...

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Don86

I think GW2 is going for both, but yeah, TSW tries as well.

For one thing will the quests be massive and you can only have one main and one side quest at the same time.

TSWs really big thing isn´t PvE though but character mechanics. It´s leveless mechanics are somewhat different from other themepark mechanics we seen earlier.

This ^^^ it will also be important to see how their ARGs play out or will they just be a gimmick.

The whole thing could be executed very poorly, which is why I'm not jumping in without a beta.

But they are definitely talking a good game for those interested enough to read the articles on it.

I did not try to make fun of anything, that was a typo I did...

Ah.  Okay. 

Well my overview is earlier in the thread. 

I'd start here for more info:

http://thesecretworld.com/news/new_hands_on_previews_are_here

This link has press reviews that might help you get a more indepth idea of what they played and experienced last week on the game.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

this game plays like WoW, and it is funny to hear people say "oh the combat is kind of action oriented" "you can avoid attacks by breaking line of sight and you have to move out of bad stuff"...that's just like WoW.

not leveling up a character is skin fucking deep when you have to level up skills and stats come from gear. three factions and the pvp structures are its only good points, but this ain't no revolution. not even close. 

and from what i have seen, there are about 7 different animations in the game and characters don't bend their knees when they jump.