Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did they do to the game since it went f2p??

I played this game for a while when it first launched and thought it was a pretty decent game, not good enough to stick around though. But having heard it went f2p play i thought i'd take another shot at it. So downloaded it couldn't believe how bad it was since it went free to play compared to what it once was. Holy crap it was like playing a cheap asian game, they ruined it! what was once a pretty solid game turned into an unplayable mess.

Comments

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

the only differences i noticed were (1) morepeople than before and (2) a cash shop that i ignored because i payed the monthly sub.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by nethrill

I played this game for a while when it first launched and thought it was a pretty decent game, not good enough to stick around though. But having heard it went f2p play i thought i'd take another shot at it. So downloaded it couldn't believe how bad it was since it went free to play compared to what it once was. Holy crap it was like playing a cheap asian game, they ruined it! what was once a pretty solid game turned into an unplayable mess.

Can you give us an example of what changed? 

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.but it is now starting to roll out a shitload of content.it has one of the best f2p models on the market and the population has quadrupled.and best of all the community is still great.i have been critical of this game also but they do seem to be getting back on track with it..you have to remember its a business and they are in it to make money.new update due soon and a new ex pk later this year.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Well the ftp model that they use is fine imho and they do give you turbine points for completing tasks in game. However, the community on my server has become vile and I stopped playing because of this. I'm not sure what it's like on other servers but my server used to be full of nice people with the odd idiot but now I'm afraid it's the other way around.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Arawulf

Originally posted by nethrill

Can you give us an example of what changed? 

I agree with Arawulf.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Shari

Well the ftp model that they use is fine imho and they do give you turbine points for completing tasks in game. However, the community on my server has become vile and I stopped playing because of this. I'm not sure what it's like on other servers but my server used to be full of nice people with the odd idiot but now I'm afraid it's the other way around.

what server you on shari ,just so i dont create a char there..being from EU i once created a char on american server and all i saw over chat was abuse,i know there all together now but it shocked me cos laurelin is sooo peaceful..old EU server.but saying that i didnt know wether or not they were being serious or just joking.sorry to slightly wander off topic.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

shari, i don't know what server you're on but if you try laurelin or landroval (the 2 RP servers) you will find many more mature folks and the asshats are ignored by the community as a whole pretty fast and wander off.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins