Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hunter class should have been like!

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7KKIRDxaE&feature=player_embedded

I am very excited about the engineer profession however the ranger profession has reignited my love of the hunter style profession. Every video i've seen of this class just makes me want to play one more and more, This class is amazingly dynamic, it's not simply a guy with a pet and a bow, It's so much more. 

This is what the hunter class in WoW should have been like (I don't mean the combat system of course because that would require rewriting all of the code in WoW) but in the sense of being able to be helpful in melee situations, not having a limited shot range when in pvp, your pet not dying but going into a follow only immune state, being able to switch pets on the fly especially when one dies the list goes on of things they should have done with the beloved class in WoW but didn't.

I can't help but feel cheated not only in the engineering profession in WoW but also as an avid Hunter which was the first class I started playing in WoW so it was my introduction into the mmo gaming world having never played any mmo ever.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by itgrowls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7KKIRDxaE&feature=player_embedded

I am very excited about the engineer profession however the ranger profession has reignited my love of the hunter style profession. Every video i've seen of this class just makes me want to play one more and more, This class is amazingly dynamic, it's not simply a guy with a pet and a bow, It's so much more. 
    This is what the hunter class in WoW should have been like (I don't mean the combat system of course because that would require rewriting all of the code in WoW) but in the sense of being able to be helpful in melee situations, not having a limited shot range when in pvp, your pet not dying but going into a follow only immune state, being able to switch pets on the fly especially when one dies the list goes on of things they should have done with the beloved class in WoW but didn't.
    I can't help but feel cheated not only in the engineering profession in WoW but also as an avid Hunter which was the first class I started playing in WoW so it was my introduction into the mmo gaming world having never played any mmo ever.

I thought the original implementation of the hunter class in wow was pretty good..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

As a GW1 player who have ranger as my favorite class I was kinda annoyed that I must bring the pet here, in gw2 you choosed if you wanted it or not.

Besides that it do look fun.