Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Human personal story overview from Jeuxonline

Comments

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

lovely stuff here guys. the city is so lively.

• vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

can't wait the game :S

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I love how @5:40 of the 2nd video, when the player's character gets knocked down, the enemy attacking her actually looks down at her and his attack animations are adjusted to swing downward.  

Around 7:45 the GW2 presentation of dialogue becomes a little awkward as far as this particular story goes.  The man is supposed to be near fatally wounded and bed ridden as your character administers the newly acquired medicine, yet they have him standing up in the dialogue screen looking peachy as ever.  

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Homitu

I love how @5:40 of the 2nd video, when the player's character gets knocked down, the enemy attacking her actually looks down at her and his attack animations are adjusted to swing downward.  

They even got their own set of jump anims for skills lol, just little ish that makes it really nice. I don't think it's showcased in that video but in the dungeons video it was also if you look at the Guardian Video from yogcast you'll see the downward animations when they attack boars.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Nice

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

I hate, hate, hate, hate how my character speaks for me.  I don't want them to say anything I didn't tell them to.

Really hate this whole Personal Story thing.  The only blight on an otherwise awesome looking game.

you guys hear the shooting gallery host @ 6:08? MMO version of the witcher 2, living world indeed.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Thrage

I hate, hate, hate, hate how my character speaks for me.  I don't want them to say anything I didn't tell them to.

Really hate this whole Personal Story thing.  The only blight on an otherwise awesome looking game.

I'm pretty sure you can just bypass the Personal Story entirely outside of the tutorial and just dynamic event it up for the life of the game.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by sidhaethe

Originally posted by Thrage

I'm pretty sure you can just bypass the Personal Story entirely outside of the tutorial and just dynamic event it up for the life of the game.

Yea he can, something me and my friends tested, about the xp and leveling. Big plus for GW 2 if you ask me.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Does the story mode actually let you make choices (if it was shown in the videos, sorry kinda just skimmed through it)?  I know your story will develop depending on what choices you make at character creations, but can you dictate the flow of the story?

Not a big deal as long as the overall game is good, but just curious.  Didn't look like it, though.

Originally posted by bleyzwun

Does the story mode actually let you make choices (if it was shown in the videos, sorry kinda just skimmed through it)?  I know your story will develop depending on what choices you make at character creations, but can you dictate the flow of the story?

Not a big deal as long as the overall game is good, but just curious.  Didn't look like it, though.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4786279#4786279

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

personal story still fails to get me hyped... it's nice and all, but it feels like a single player RPG that's not quite as good as other single player RPGs. It's different from SWTOR, but i don't like it either for símilar reasons. I just don't like the idea of instancing parts of the story away instead of trying to integrate it into the world.

Btw. can someone post a video that shows a group doing the personal story together? Are there any incentives to group for the personal story?

Hype train -> Reality

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I kind of like the idea of the personal story because it gives some to depth, and a different type of gameplay than DE and pvp/WvW. It is good that people can skip it if they don't fancy it, good approach.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226

I enjoy the addition of the personal story yet am disheartened that beyond character creation there are no dialogue options.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.