Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game like FFXI or EQ

MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Hey, I am not a fan of the sandbox genre and actually like the themepark formula. These two games seem to interest me and I wish I was able to play them during their prime. Are they still doing good with the greatness that they were in the past or should I just wait for EQnext or FFXIV 2.0

Comments

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

It...depends, I have played FFXI in the past several months and...it has changed a lot. There is a new level cap of 99, and a new "expansion: Abyssea it has changed the game entirely. It is now extremely easy to level to Aby, and in Aby (75+) but the basic aspects of end game have stayed the same. Classes have been changed around to accomodate the fact that subbing certain classes get powerful abilites from sub jobs, thanks to the new cap.

Old content is being recycled and new is being (partially) put in thanks to the PS2s limits. All in all, it is worth a month of subbing to see if you will like it, I am also planning on resubbing FFXIV, jobs are coming out next week or so, or so I have heard.

I wish you luck in your endeavors.

• FoxkounFoxkoun Member Posts: 96

dang man I was gonna respond, having played and enjoyed FF11....but your avatar(?) threw my attetion out the window lol

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

EQ1 is going F2P soon, would be a good time to jump back on board if all you care about is gameplay.

If you want an updated version of EQ1, the closest would be Vanguard, but I wouldnt bother with that until it goes F2P. The Vanguard world is designed for groups, and will suck unless you know enough people to group with.