Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wondering how big is the world of Arche Age?

ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

If you want to have a taste, look at this video,

(Important note: As for now they have only introduced the 20% of the world, the rest 80% is ready, but not implemented in this CBT. Also, in the video he doesn't explore all the 3 continents). Have fun!

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

and why are NA publishers not fighting to get this thing brought over here again?

or maybe they are and that's why we haven't seen an official publisher...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I am impressed, and I am not talking about the size so much as the quality. To make a world that big and have it look that beautiful is a great start. 

I am sure world size has something to do with the player housing, assuming its open like SWG's.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I hope someone in the west picks this up sooner than later or I am going to have to learn to read Korean. ;-)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

It is very common to not hear about a publisher picking up a foreign mmo until after it's release. I fully expect it will be released over here but it scares the hell out of me that it may be some horrible free to play publisher. Many a decent mmo has been sliced and diced into cash shop whoring "free to play".

You stay sassy!

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

For you talking about the publisher etc, I think you should not really be that worried. Jake Song (CEO of XLGames) has the proper experience and obviously he knows what he is doing and what he is going to do.. He said that the main goal for ArcheAge is NA/EU audience, so I highly doubt if he'll trust someone who will destroy AA by "westernizing" it or whatever..

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Manasu

For you talking about the publisher etc, I think you should not really be that worried. Jake Song (CEO of XLGames) has the proper experience and obviously he knows what he is doing and what he is going to do.. He said that the main goal for ArcheAge is NA/EU audience, so I highly doubt if he'll trust someone who will destroy AA by "westernizing" it or whatever..

sounds good! just hoping it doesn't take them another 2+ years to get this thing out over here

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I would agree but NA pubishers only have on thing on their mind. Making as much money as fast as they can, they do not actually care about the games or gaming, basically the product itself has no meaning just the cash it brings in.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

As to how big, not sure of  km^2 but...

From this you can see what they plan on for launch.

http://beta.archeage.com/characters/ba76fa57-25cb-43cc-af44-773df604b0d0/maps

The colored in areas are what is currently open for play. The light blue are yet to be opened land. You can zoom in to get an idea of scale from some of the city layouts.

This thread on AAS shows specific area maps and their creature populations.  http://archeagesource.com/topic/673-maps-and-monsters-list/

edit:

The Russians are showing some nice new screen shots in game. 3 new siege cannons and a catapult.

http://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?t=724373

And some shot of the new zone added with the current patch. Click the + to expand the view.

http://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?p=18738601#post18738601

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I watched the video... cool! That didn't even cover any of the water-based area!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

A post is claiming 288miles^2 fairly huge.  Don't have a proper citation yet, but will keep looking.

• mikeyb138mikeyb138 Member UncommonPosts: 20

The huge cities look cool, I wonder if Player housing will be allowed in premade cities or if it is limited to outside the cities or even further only on the 3rd island.  If anyone finds out let me know.

Originally posted by mikeyb138

The huge cities look cool, I wonder if Player housing will be allowed in premade cities or if it is limited to outside the cities or even further only on the 3rd island.  If anyone finds out let me know.

It is allowed in select areas outside the cities of the 2 southern continents, some islands and the Pirate island.  On the 3rd continent it is allowed anywhere within 250m of a land claim totem, the giant floating sword seen in the sieges. But a successful siege allows the attackers to plunder and destroy all housing there.

Players can own more than 1 house at a time, at least in CBT4. They have said they expect to launch with only enough housing space for something like 2/3 of the players to have a house on a server. There are also larger Manors, multi-story, intended as guild(expedition) halls that have to find room to be fit in.

The same land you would place a house on, is also where you would build crafting stations, plant crops, livestock, trees for wood... etc...