Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

and to think i was done with this game a month ago...

2»

Comments

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I had this happen to me with car insurance once. I had signed up for auto pay, like I always do. Then, a few months later, I cancelled that policy. They kept taking the $300 a month. Ok, I said, first month is ok. On the second time, I called and they said it takes a month or two, I'll get a refund.

After the third charge, they were into me for almost $1,000. So I called up the local office again and said: "I'm coming down this afternoon to PICK UP MY CHECK!" And it was ready for me, the agent was "out of the office". LOL

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

Call your credit card company and block EA from charging you. Ever again. Don't even bother with talking to them. They do tend to exhibit "technical difficulties" when you want to unsub. The buggers pulled that one on me for WAR and I'll be damned if they see one red cent from me. Ever again. I don't appreciate it when people try to scam me by playing dumb. Frankly, I find it insulting.

That'll give 'em something to think about.

^ This.

IF for some reason you get charged for the next month, do not hesitate to immediately contact the CC company/bank and Instruct them to do the following...

Chargeback against EA from the first Sub you ever paid for.

Claim "Services not Rendered As Promised." & Inability to Cancel services through Companies CS Accounts Services due to "Technical Difficulties."

This will do the following:

Prohibits EA from ever debitting that Card again.  Also prohibits you from ever purchasing ANYTHING from EA with that card.

Print out the phone bill so you can Document the amount of time you have spent with CS/Account Services to CYA with your Card Provider.

If your CC# is from your Bank Checking Account....Contact your Bank Security staff and have a discussion about this issue.

It doesn't matter when EA sent out the mails about Pending RE-Sub charges, or if there was a dubious Email Bug....No Service provider is allowed to make Cancelling Subscription serivces due to 'technical' issues.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Laughing-man

I love how people KEEP posting without having read any of the thread at all, to those of you who are saying "HAHA EA" or "Call your bank!"  please read threads before posting in them.

Thank you.

Edit: Incase you are too lazy

It was a bill, from last month, dated the 3rd of Feb.

Which the OP said he made a mistake...

AND THEN people kept posting without having read the thread at all...

Regardless of the OP having read it wrong...

This is an Issue that has been noticed with EA recently and in the past. And it hasn't been corrected internally.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

EA Mythic charged me 17 times in a single month for a WAR sub a couple of years back.

After the hassle of charge back and having them blacklisted on my cards, I've found it much wiser to auto-transfer my MMO expenses onto a reloadable CC.  This mitigates MANY potential issues.