Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cb2 wipe?

HooahHooah Member Posts: 17

title says it all.  was watching ripper x's stream and they said they are wiping after cb2 but i cant find any info on that on tera's website.  any info would help

Comments

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

If you're in with a free closed beta key, then yes, you're getting wiped. If you're in because you pre-purchased, then no, you're not getting wiped until the last closed beta.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Regardless, YOUR IN BETA. betas allways end with a wipe, if it didnt anyone in beta would have a massive advantage over people who didnt get in. actually a even greater one since you already know the builds and the quest progression.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by LadyNoh

Regardless, YOUR IN BETA. betas allways end with a wipe, if it didnt anyone in beta would have a massive advantage over people who didnt get in. actually a even greater one since you already know the builds and the quest progression.

actually LoTro let you keep your toons at launch, just saying......... on subject you can keep all toons if you pre order through the end of beta then you get  the headtsrat. Now there has been a rumor that you might get to keep a toon, a few people were saying that tonight in general, who knows.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by Dreadblade

actually LoTro let you keep your toons at launch, just saying......... on subject you can keep all toons if you pre order through the end of beta then you get  the headtsrat. Now there has been a rumor that you might get to keep a toon, a few people were saying that tonight in general, who knows.

The official TERA forums layout their plans for Beta.  I typed "Tera Forums Beta" in google and one of the first links took me directly to the thread so if you have any questions, stop speculating off what others say in chat and check the horses mouth yourself.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

If you got free key your toon is deleted after each cbt if you have pre-order here how it goes, and my god i post this so many time on the EME thread.

CBT 1-5 --> Wipe ---> Charater Name Reservation --> Open Beta ---> Head Start ---> Launch

Yes all character in Open Beta are kept and Open Beta is free to anyone.

Originally posted by miguksaram

Originally posted by Dreadblade

The official TERA forums layout their plans for Beta.  I typed "Tera Forums Beta" in google and one of the first links took me directly to the thread so if you have any questions, stop speculating off what others say in chat and check the horses mouth yourself.

Guess you were wrong, all toons in OB are kept, damm that horses mouth, guess general chat was right

wow, just. Wow that goes against every single CB-OB ive played in.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

wow, just. Wow that goes against every single CB-OB ive played in.

As I said earlier LOTRO had it but I am pretty sure that is/was the only MMO that I ever saw that happening, I have been having a blast this weekend testing it though, to early to tell yet but I might just get this.

Thats great, personally im holding out for TSW, but if you found a game that you really enjoy more power to ya. LOTRO is also one of the few games i didnt get to beta test. it kinda flew under my radar.

Because i can.

Thats great, personally im holding out for TSW, but if you found a game that you really enjoy more power to ya. LOTRO is also one of the few games i didnt get to beta test. it kinda flew under my radar.

I am looking forward to TSW as well, which is why I said it is still to early to tell if I am going to get Tera or not. Then there is GW2, well at least Tera is better then SWTOR lol

i still have a little hope for SWTOR, they really need to turn it around though.

im hopeful for every game. until their fanboys start to attack my games, then the knives come out.

Because i can.