Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Ripper X Heading into TERA on the MMORPG.com Live Stream

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Starting at 12:30 pm PST (1:30 MST, 2:30 CST, 3:30 EST), our own Ripper X will be airing out his level 19 Archer in TERA. You can join Ripper and the conversation on our MMORPG.com Live Stream page. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JaredKFanJaredKFan Member UncommonPosts: 22

I get a page not found error.  what's going on?

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Now that I see what RipperX looks like I believe even more that isn't his actual voice lol...

Which he doesn't even have as much of an "acient" as he used to when he started doing the vids... I guess he lost it over the months?? lol

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by jdm12983

Now that I see what RipperX looks like I believe even more that isn't his actual voice lol...

Which he doesn't even have as much of an "acient" as he used to when he started doing the vids... I guess he lost it over the months?? lol

He's been refining his "radio voice" for quite some time now. I personally prefer the present one. It sounds more natural.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Riveting entertainment.  I just spent 15 minutes of my life watching Ripper get griefed by a couple of his friends on a PvP server.  Then again, considering how dull the questing system in this game is, that was probably a good thing.  

Visually, a very nice looking game.  But the questing looks excruciatingly boring and I'm concerned with the fact that Ripper was able to move to another shard to attempt to get away from griefers.  Is this game really going to be sharded?  Or is that simply for launch?  Ripper made it sound like it's a permanent thing.  

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

This game needs insightful and informed commentary in light of some half-asses reviews of late, so mmorpg.com give it to RipperX...

At this rate I'm going to start my own review site.

I understand that many reviewers basically cannot see beyond GW2's deserving hype, but I would think games that are more ambiguous should be more focused on, but all I see on Gamebreaker for e.g. is GW2, not AA, TSW or Tera, when there is still so much we don't know about these. I havn't seen any concrete info (such as footage) on the political system, or what pvp systems WILL be in at launch.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by jdm12983

lol so true. I really expected something else XP

Thanks for the stream.

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

Some nice guild vs guild/open pvp going on now if anyone is interested.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Don't grasp how they are asking for a subscription for this game.  It plays like a f2p offering.  I just don't see enough content to justify such.  A full sub price will hurt it.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Lol Ripper X has got to be the most boring streamer I ve seen. Why did they pick this guy to represent their site.

• valiumcoffeevaliumcoffee Member Posts: 3
    add some more bass to your voice ripper. It helps to not sound so effiminite.
  • upbanupban Member Posts: 8

Good stream

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35

how long does it take to make a sandwich?

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

although iam not a big fan of the game right  now due to the HUGE over proportion weapons the toons carry. I like ripperx reviews and commentary.

good stream

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by zevni78

This game needs insightful and informed commentary in light of some half-asses reviews of late, so mmorpg.com give it to RipperX...

At this rate I'm going to start my own review site.

I understand that many reviewers basically cannot see beyond GW2's deserving hype, but I would think games that are more ambiguous should be more focused on, but all I see on Gamebreaker for e.g. is GW2, not AA, TSW or Tera, when there is still so much we don't know about these. I havn't seen any concrete info (such as footage) on the political system, or what pvp systems WILL be in at launch.

Games are mostly reviewed by journalist wannabes. You aren't going to get any good reviews at places like this. Just news.

If you want reviews and view points from actual gamers, look up the review videos on youtube. AngryJoe is a good example. He's an actual gamer and plays the games for his enjoyment and then reviews them and then keeps playing. With the journalist wannabes, they just play the games "enough" and then do half assed reviews and never know what they're talking about. More than half of them didn't even know MMOs existed before WoW.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Originally posted by jinxxed0

If you want reviews and view points from actual gamers, look up the review videos on youtube. AngryJoe is a good example. He's an actual gamer and plays the games for his enjoyment and then reviews them and then keeps playing. With the journalist wannabes, they just play the games "enough" and then do half assed reviews and never know what they're talking about. More than half of them didn't even know MMOs existed before WoW.

The bad reviews are as often from actual gamers, there is quite a list of miss-information regarding TERA out there, I am just rooting for the underdog here, this game has had a hell of a time in Korea and during westernizaion, as for Angry Joe, he is God.