Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wrote this song for Vanilla warcraft.. cause lets face it bros.. its gone and never coming back :(

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Youtube.. thats where I gave to go.. to see your beautiful.. gameplay any more I still stare at pics I took of you and lsiten to the forums go, hope ... hope theres a conversation to bring you back for good, but as of right now its alienation I know that much is under then I realized... if You asked me what Im doing i would say im playing a game thats just fine, I would lie and say that your not on my mind..

but I go out and try to buy the latest mmorpg or two.. and finally im forced to face the truth, no matter what I play.. im not over you. not over you.. damn..

damn WoW you did it well, and I thought you were heaven sent, took my heart and every expansion put it through hell and still I thought you were magnificent. I .. ii iii I am a boomerang no matter how you throw me turn around and next expansion im back in the game.. BETTER THAN THE OLD ME, but .. im not even close... with out you...

If you ask me how im doing i would say im doing just fine, I would lie and say that your not on my mind.. but I go out and I buy a new mmorpg or two, and finally im forced to face the truth.. no matter what I play.. im not over you...

Omg I MISS VANIELLA WOW and if I had the chance to renew a subscrition there isnt a THING I WOULD DO to get you back on the right but only if you were vaniella so until then...

.... I love you

Comments

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Pre-TBC patch private server.

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by Khaeros

Pre-TBC patch private server.

Not the same cousin.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Grindy less interesting quests? Tons of completely worthless specs?  Many worthless tradeskills?  Dull raid content?

I mean...it was good for its time and maybe you're just sad that the game can't ever be fresh/new again, but at a minimum TBC was a far better game.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Yeah, I agree that "DOAC" was a pretty great game.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Originally posted by Axehilt

Grindy less interesting quests? Tons of completely worthless specs?  Many worthless tradeskills?  Dull raid content?

I mean...it was good for its time and maybe you're just sad that the game can't ever be fresh/new again, but at a minimum TBC was a far better game.

tons of specs vs 1 spec, i think tons of specs wins.

Let's internet

Originally posted by Morbid77

Lineage2

SWTOR MEGA SUPER FAIL...

Lineage 2 is on your praise list?  ...really?

And ToR counted as a failure when it and RIFT have both been the best MMORPGs to release since WOW?

But honestly none of that's even relevant to my comment.  When it comes to vanilla vs. post-vanilla WOW, at a bare minimum TBC was leaps and bounds better than Vanilla.  And personally I thought WoTLK was even better and Cata was reasonably good (would've been fantastic in anything other than an aging 6+ year old game.  But WOW's age has worn it down.)

(Also if Asheron's Call 2 was judged by the same strict standards that claim ToR, Aion, WAR, and LOTRO are failures, then it'd be a failure too.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Tons of viable specs wins (post TBC.)  Hopefully that's what you meant.  WOW had so many non-viable specs before TBC, and classes were pigeonholed into one role (in many cases it wasn't even the role the class initially advertised itself as.  Paladins, Shamans, and Druids in particular became healbots when their introductions portrayed them as balanced classes -- in Paladins' case, they were portrayed as defenders even and it was quite a while before that became viable.)

And personally I thought WoTLK was even better

Wrath was pretty shit though.  The PVP was ridiculous (remember skillstorm globalling cloth?) and the PVE resulted in endless mana for healers and tank avoidance went through the roof so they made bosses twoshot tanks to make up for it.

TBC was nice though.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Tons of viable specs wins (post TBC.)  Hopefully that's what you meant.  WOW had so many non-viable specs before TBC, and classes were pigeonholed into one role (in many cases it wasn't even the role the class initially advertised itself as.  Paladins, Shamans, and Druids in particular became healbots when their introductions portrayed them as balanced classes -- in Paladins' case, they were portrayed as defenders even and it was quite a while before that became viable.)

no i did not.

more choices vs no choices at all,i think more choices wins.

need to use your brains or no need to use your brains at all,i think using your brains wins.

Let's internet

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Tons of viable specs wins (post TBC.)  

But WOW's age has worn it down.

Wins what? A cookie? Because they surely have not won more subs, or more happy players. Or making you and people similar to you happy makes everyone happy? :)

And yes, this is eactly how it works, a mmo gains a million+ of subs a year for 4 years and then age kicks in coincidentally after a huge system overhaul and it becomes old, loosing players...

Flame on!

:)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Hmm.  I liked TBC, but nothing will ever top my discovery of WSG.  I'm hop home for lunch just to queue up a time or two and kick some booty.  Good times...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

LOL

exactly my thought.

Originally posted by Banaghran

Wins what? A cookie? Because they surely have not won more subs, or more happy players. Or making you and people similar to you happy makes everyone happy? :)

And yes, this is eactly how it works, a mmo gains a million+ of subs a year for 4 years and then age kicks in coincidentally after a huge system overhaul and it becomes old, loosing players...

Flame on!

Wins at game design, of course.  More viable choices makes any game more interesting.

Or were you just trolling?

Flame on!

Wins at game design, of course.  More viable choices makes any game more interesting.

Its just hard not to respond, when you read about some theoretical concept like "more viable specs vs less", are given wotlk wow as a good example, with all its failures to even implement this concept properly within the existing game system, and when its pointed out, are served with the canned response "well, wow is getting old, it went old overnight in 2008".

Sorry if it is just my perception and not the case.

Flame on!

• AxslavAxslav Member Posts: 14

Lol'd so hard, but yeah I really miss vanilla WoW aswell.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Flame on!

Its just hard not to respond, when you read about some theoretical concept like "more viable specs vs less", are given wotlk wow as a good example, with all its failures to even implement this concept properly within the existing game system, and when its pointed out, are served with the canned response "well, wow is getting old, it went old overnight in 2008".

Flame on!

Okay, as far as I know both Wotlk and Cata had more subs than Vanilla. Even though I hated Wotlk as an expansion and it was the first time I unsubbed from the game since its release I can say that Vanilla had very few viable specs. As a resto druid  I can tell you that there was only ONE role we filled in - innervating priests and combat res-ing people. TBC made the class much more enjoyable. The feral spec had a very unique place and resto druid was much more fun than spamming rank 4 HT and innervating priests. Although we were still super gimped in dungeons and were the least desired healer in raids. Wotlk did the best class changes for the class. 

So yes I can say WOTLK gave my class more viable options.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

WoW sucked from the begginning until present.  It was never good.  It ruined MMO and the MMO community.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Okay, as far as I know both Wotlk and Cata had more subs than Vanilla. Even though I hated Wotlk as an expansion and it was the first time I unsubbed from the game since its release I can say that Vanilla had very few viable specs. As a resto druid  I can tell you that there was only ONE role we filled in - innervating priests and combat res-ing people. TBC made the class much more enjoyable. The feral spec had a very unique place and resto druid was much more fun than spamming rank 4 HT and innervating priests. Although we were still super gimped in dungeons and were the least desired healer in raids. Wotlk did the best class changes for the class. 

That was not his point, the point was about post-TBC more specs vs less specs, a bit off topic, i admit.

Anyways, resto in pvp in tbc was quite cool and towards the end nuker druids were a common sight in raids, and best class changes, dunno, wotlk launch paladins had better class changes than you :)

Flame on!

That was not his point, the point was about post-TBC more specs vs less specs, a bit off topic, i admit.

Anyways, resto in pvp in tbc was quite cool and towards the end nuker druids were a common sight in raids, and best class changes, dunno, wotlk launch paladins had better class changes than you :)

Flame on!

My point was definitely that post-TBC had more viable specs than pre-TBC...

...which is exactly what fivoroth was confirming.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by Lobotomist

LOL

exactly my thought.

Did you guys ever play it?

I guess that was when you got the idea WOW was not seamless.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Originally posted by fivoroth

Flame on!

Flame on!

I can promise you that not all of us were thought of as mana batteries by our guilds.  I also topped the healing charts more often than not.  I was eventually made the primary healer for the main-tank, whenever I was resto spec'ed.  The only exception to that was the boss after Razorgore and some fights in AQ 40.  Obviously druid skills were not as good as priests but they weren't all that bad either.    

The other druid and I pretty much got free reign on what spec we wanted to play.  Hell when I got tired of healing I went boomkin for awhile.  Though I did try to bear-tank a few times on farm runs and got squished (gear wasn't up to par).  The other druid off-tanked a lot and sometimes even main-tanked.

I do admit when things got sketchy I had some groans sent my way.  However no one asked me or even suggested that I should change back.  I can also say casters were happy to have me in their group as a boomkin (the aura buff). image So was the guild leader.  Higher DPS from casters equals faster kills.

When the mass of druid players started up their whine campaign, I'd gladly jump in to say "Not all of us are mana batteries!"  That got a few people riled up, and others envious. 

Matter of fact me and my buddy had a pretty sweet deal as druids.  There were only 3 of us total and the third generally wasn't even online.  We got all our raid gear stupidly fast compared to everyone else. We even worked out a deal that other druid got first dibs on feral or tank items and I'd get first dibs on caster stuff.  Not that I didn't like the other forms.  More or less just so we could complete our sets faster.

I stopped playing shortly before TBC released so I can't comment on what all it added.  I have no doubt the expansion improved the class. We weren't all that bad in vanilla though.  Bad druids feeding the innervate trend just to get gear.  Bad players, who didn't play a druid, not knowing how good they really were in the other specs when properly geared.

Flame on!

My point was definitely that post-TBC had more viable specs than pre-TBC...

...which is exactly what fivoroth was confirming.

Allright, sometimes i get overzealous, reading viable specs post-TBC, understand wotlk master-of-all.

As for on topic, tbc had more specs, but vanilla had its charm, like something of a opposite of what you usually advocate, snoozefest raids for the unskilled nolifers, buffbot classes, epics closer to blue items (even if that could be just a perception, due to the scarcity and bad itemization), interesting dungeons, not just raids.

Sorry, carry on.