Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall or Mortal Online?

phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I have come to my senses and realized all the MMO's suck, and the pve content in general is terrible.

EQ was the last best MMO to come out and even this game has changed too much.

I have an account for both Darkfall and Mortal online.  I enjoyed playing both when I first started.  I actually was able to group up with people more often than I could on these boring WoW clones.

So my question is, for now what game do you think of the two is better?

Mortal Online or Darkfall.

I realize most people are not fans of these games and feel they lack content.. but I feel the same way about every game such as WoW and all of its failure clones, and these two at least did not copy what I found to be the worst MMO to ever be produced.

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Voted Darkfall.  I haven't played Darkfall, but I did play Mortal Online.  If Darkfall is worse than Mortal Online, then I don't see how it can even be considered a playable game, not to mention any fun.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Kind of the lesser of 2 evils.

tbh i'd go with eve online, fallen earth or ryzom instead, or at least wait and see what 2.0 brings

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Karahandras

Kind of the lesser of 2 evils.

tbh i'd go with eve online, fallen earth or ryzom instead, or at least wait and see what 2.0 brings

Agreeing here with these statements.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

I voted DF

But would say go with Fallen Earth or Ryzom or  hell even anarchy online!!

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

They're both shit at the moment, but if you had to pick one over the other, it would be Darkfall.

Adventurine may not know how to communicate with players but at least they don't outright lie to them.

If you want a sandbox that isn't terrible, Eve is your best choice.  It's still not good but it's tonnes better than DF / MO.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I would play DF if I was gonna play one of the two.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Wheres the poll choice for neither?

Both games suck.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

DF 2.0 will replace DF1 so no point in playing till the new version is out. They have said there will be some sort of wipe, so anything you do now is pointless.

Mortal Online is still a buggy mess. Combat is also alot better in DF even now.

I would just wait till DF2.0 is out.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Depends, if your a kid and love pvp, shit talking, griefing, and a game that is basically a street fighter arena MMO, then go with Darkfall.  Mortal online is way more of a sandbox and way more complicated, it has the same full loot pvp as darkfall but is missing the fluidity, average age and intelligence is much higher in Mortal Online as well, and crafting etc is 100x more advanced than what it is in Darkfall, but Mortal online is full of bugs that can be frustrating to deal with.  But on the upside Mortal Onlien has a much better looking world and isnt 100% based on PVP.  I mean i played Darkfall for 3 years almost its a fun game but atm its not worth playing, they are wiping without a doubt, and nothing to do in the game anymore except pvp, and youll have to grind a ton to get there.  Mortal Online has a way easier timespent ratio to get into the game.

I would suggest trying the trial for each game to see what you prefer more, Darkfall is a little easier to fall into but Mortal online was you figure it out is a far better overall game.

BTW I left Darkfall for Mortal Online solely based on the state of Darkfall atm, its nothing more than ego fest controlled by 16 year old kids, the are u mad bro mentality runs rampant in Darkfall.  I found in Mortal Online i could do my own thing and have fun much easier and when i do die to the full loot rule system its not a big loss, in Darkfall if you play certain specs you lose a time, gold and most of all patience.  

But as i said, pvp is Darkfall, MO is sandbox.

Try the trials for each game and when your in Mortal Online make sure to setup the IRC as there is no global  chat in game and the IRC community is very helpful for starting out.

Good luck.

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

darkfall is about to be remade, so its not worth investing in long term at this point. if you wanted to jump in and start building a social life without attaching to anything physical, i'd say darkfall.

MO, on the otherhand, is never more than 5 minutes away from collapsing and your card information being stolen and sold to the lowest bidder.  not to mention the gregariously corrupt staff (on all levels). 

if you wanted to play an open sandbox, and being sucked into trying MO is essentially like being told you just won a free kiss with jennifer aniston, but ending up with frenching your ugly cousin wearing a bag on her head.   i cant really sell you on DF, but MOcould potentially lead you to dying in your early 50's. seriously, worse the cigarrettes.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Well i actually got inactive accounts already on both.

Darkfall I played when it was fun because it just came out, and the exploiters/afk macroers did not take over everything. 

And Mortal Online I played with a bit, but it just seemed too basic and I got my characters skills about maxed out to what I was going for within a month.

In the end I quit both because I ran out of time.  And both games had negatives that made it easy to quit.

All others games out now just suck in general.  I always think about going back to EQ1 progression servers but I don't think I would enjoy it as much without the players I used to play and raid with.