Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame in The Secret World

2»

Comments

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by Charas

I just hope the game performs well on my PC. Coming from Funcom, I have doubts.

It runs ok on my 6 year old cpu / 1 year old midrange graphics card.

It runs with all settings on max at 1920x1080 on a 3 year old cpu with a Radeon 6970.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Probably worth downloading AoC & seeing how it runs on your machine now, since the client gains benefit from 2 teams working with it & there is cross-development on the client/engine, i.e. stuff one team improves goes to the other title as well.

This will give you the clearest indication of how TSW will run on your machine.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

It runs with all settings on max at 1920x1080 on a 3 year old cpu with a Radeon 6970.

I wouldnt describe a 6970 as mid range, thats a high end card.  the main thing with an AMD is the second number, if thats a 9 its a high end card, if its an 8 its a mid to high card

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

I wouldnt describe a 6970 as mid range, thats a high end card.  the main thing with an AMD is the second number, if thats a 9 its a high end card, if its an 8 its a mid to high card

I never said the 6970 was a mid range card. The midrange card was a 560ti (but it was the 6 year old cpu holding that back).

You will get more put of endgame if you enjoy pve and pvp both
    If your a pure pvper gw2 or planetside 2 might be more up your alley
    If your a pure pveer wow or rift.
  • chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

ow be sure this game is gonna be grind.

ex. to kill a blast boss and get his blast gear which you will use on another boss, you must farm your protection anti-blast gear from another boss.

looks like endgame its gonna be grindy like hell. Its sandbox ofcourse and thats rather expected.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by jdlamson75

First off, great read, OP.  Thanks.

Second, I fully plan on playing TSW.  I'm not an end-game fanatic, but when I do eventually get there, I'd like to have something to do.  It sounds like there will be plenty to do.  HOWEVER - reading the interview, I'm finding it hard to decipher the difference between their WoW scenario (grinding for gear) and the TSW scenario (grinding for "Blast" gear, for example).  There's still that search for gear that has a certain purpose.  It seems to me like it's "Spiffy Chestplate of Stregngth" vs. "Spiffy Trench Coat of Blasting". 

Am I correct in thinking this way, or is my brain addled from watching too much hockey (that puck can be a b*tch to follwo sometimes)?  As I said, I'm going to play the game, I'm just curious as to the difference between the traditional gear hunt and TSW's end-game gear hunt. 

On that note, the Flyers won, and I'm going to bed.  Will check this thread in the AM after some sleep followed by a coffee or two.  =D

i think you got it right, the difference with the traditional MMOs, the TSW wont really have new Tiers of armor to progress to the next, harder raid.

Instead the next tier will be a different type of armor to take down a different boss.

Grind of armor without tiers but instead specializations.

Thats as much as i understood from the article.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

Tho i agree with above post, i do like the idea that it's a little less random with drops. Example, in Rift you go through a dungeon and a boss will drop 1 of  11 peices of equipment! Half of the drops are useless and you spend a lot of time running dungeons for nothing! At least this way you will get what you want!

Don't forget you can breakdown all those drops for crafting components
  • ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I would guess the endgame for TSW will be the same as all Funcom endgames.  Unsubscribe and find a new game.