Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs meant to be SOLOs...WHAT IF....

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

What if an MMO such as WoW were to be re-published as a single player game and one could hire NPC henchment to fill out groups to do the raids. It would surely have some aspect of RTS to it as you hit the space bar and plan the placement of yoru NPC crew.

Lets face it, these days all the games being made are so simple people solo most of the time anyway. I say make a solo offline version of the game and get the none esential space waisters off the online games.

Imagine playing WOW single player and planing a 40 man raid to Molten Core of some other such dungeon. Heck I might even be willing to play that for the RTS it would precent.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

you mean like the witcher?

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

All of these solo thempark WoW clones should  have a offline B2P model. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• S37hhhS37hhh Member Posts: 9

u mean like skyrim?

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

WHen I was thinking this idea up the game DaggerFall came to mind.

Maybe Steam will get Daggerfall in its line up in the enar future ...I'd buy it ...again

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Well, that's essentially Guild Wars. The whole game now for the past few years is pretty much you and your heroes.. no reason to do groups anymore unless you're doing extremely hard stuff (which is 1, maybe 2 missions).. which even then is being solo'd. Though Guild Wars technically isn't an MMO.

A single player World of Warcraft would be horrible. It would be beyond horrible. When I stop and think about World of Warcraft.. the dungeons themselves were not that fun; the fun came from interacting and participating with your friends. How could anyone enjoy doing that by yourself? *shudders*

Originally posted by Palladin

Maybe Steam will get Daggerfall in its line up in the enar future ...I'd buy it ...again

Since you say you'd buy it again.. I assume you already have it.. but in the event that you don't; it's actually available for free  from Bethesda's site

Currently Playing:

Nothing.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Originally posted by Supergrass

Well, that's essentially Guild Wars. The whole game now for the past few years is pretty much you and your heroes.. no reason to do groups anymore unless you're doing extremely hard stuff (which is 1, maybe 2 missions).. which even then is being solo'd. Though Guild Wars technically isn't an MMO.

A single player World of Warcraft would be horrible. It would be beyond horrible. When I stop and think about World of Warcraft.. the dungeons themselves were not that fun; the fun came from interacting and participating with your friends. How could anyone enjoy doing that by yourself? *shudders*

Since you say you'd buy it again.. I assume you already have it.. but in the event that you don't; it's actually available for free  from Bethesda's site

I played WOW for a bit but it was never that good a game in my opinion. I ahve been done with wow going on 3-4 years now.

I was looking at the Webpage offering Daggerfall just before reading this post. I will be loading it tonight after work.

8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

What if an MMO such as WoW were to be re-published as a single player game and one could hire NPC henchment to fill out groups to do the raids. It would surely have some aspect of RTS to it as you hit the space bar and plan the placement of yoru NPC crew.

This is pretty much how GW worked.