Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay been shown yet?

fonyfony Member Posts: 755

as in not trailers. anything besides the old walkthroughs? 

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

its tab press 123 game play

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

i know from the old footage, i just wanted to see actual stuff. the stuff that makes it different. the pve and pvp structure, that kind of thing.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

i've actually heard both Tab targeting and Twitch gameplay. reading over the articles one of them did mention Twitch and another mentioned Tab. this makes me think there is a option that allows you to choose what you prefer.

and no nothing yet. alot of articles. Funcom is keeping this close to the chest so they can push it as a sleeper hit.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

It has indeed been shown, a little poor quality as it's a cam from E3 but here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4FFoG4n8c

Originally posted by LadyNoh

i've actually heard both Tab targeting and Twitch gameplay. reading over the articles one of them did mention Twitch and another mentioned Tab. this makes me think there is a option that allows you to choose what you prefer.

and no nothing yet. alot of articles. Funcom is keeping this close to the chest so they can push it as a sleeper hit.

it's like WoW from what i have seen. people say you can avoid attacks by going behind the opponent which is just breaking line of sight. everything else is standard tab targeting based, rng based, homing projectiles, etc. some conal attacks as well but again not unlike WoW. one difference i see is that a caster can move while casting most spellls and debuffs play a bigger role in combat, oher than that combat works just like WoW.

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

Looks like a very pretty game. Everything seemed very smooth. I can't wait to check it out after FunCom spends three months trying to get the game stable after release.

Originally posted by pl3dge

It has indeed been shown, a little poor quality as it's a cam from E3 but here ya go.

old. anyway, i'll wait for something i guess, when is the NDA lift for the press?

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Originally posted by fony

old. anyway, i'll wait for something i guess, when is the NDA lift for the press?

Old? Hmm it's the gameplay just like you asked for, old or not it's the same

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

So?  I don't play games JUST for their combat.  If I did, AoC would have been a great game as well as DDO and Global Agenda.  But, they aren't.  

i saw the dungeon walkthrough in the flesh, so i am not interested in videos of it. is there a video of something new?

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

a quote from myself with a link to a video that shows a bit of gameplay

"here is a video from the hands on event

link

the commentary in german makes it dificult to listen to the game...."

• DietaetherDietaether Member Posts: 36

i saw the dungeon walkthrough in the flesh, so i am not interested in videos of it. is there a video of something new?

Big Fat Fony!

There aren't many  videos floating around from press events, but if you're feeling devious there ARE (really long) gameplay videos that may or may not conflict with some sort of agreement to not disclose

EDIT: also, the german video above in english - http://www.gamesradar.com/secret-world-video-preview-illuminati-cults-talking-mummies/ I think they probably got the same pre-made video and dubbed over it as they saw fit.

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by Dietaether

There aren't many  videos floating around from press events, but if you're feeling devious there ARE (really long) gameplay videos that may or may not conflict with some sort of agreement to not disclose

This.

I think in normal PvE it will be like the tab 123 we are used to, mostly because it's not too hard if you just follow the content (in my opinion). If you and a mate work together with synergies tho you could probably take on much harder stuff. For example a rifle healer + tank/dps could do some wonders together. You don't automatically miss or anything on harder monsters, its much more open that way.

In dungeons the encounters will make sure moving and dodging stuff will be very important (like the previews have said). You also have line of fire/sight so you cant shoot while running from something (shoot from your back).

Line of fire/sight is also important in PvP so you can dodge some attacks. You can also use all abilities on the run, also the ones that are channeling, so ofcourse movement will be important as well.

Take a look at some of the previews about the dungeons, especially the bridge fight sounds cool.