Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Odd observation: Arche age vs Age of Empires

PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

So this pic appeared on the front page and I am liking all the detail and what not, but

^ obviously Archage

http://images.wikia.com/ageofempires/images/b/bc/House.jpg

Something look familiar here. I thought this game had a very familiar feeling witht he building of the houses and the ship battles. I am not crazy right. Some more pics in link below

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Sounds Epic. I want to be one of those lil worker bees.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

MEEEEEH, someone inform the copyright police! Sign me up for the law suit. I feel entitled.

I agree it looks like the same style.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Killsmallchi

MEEEEEH, someone inform the copyright police! Sign me up for the law suit. I feel entitled.

Well this makes me wonder honestly because if anyone who ever played the Age of Empires series knows it would have been an incredibly badass mmo if done right. Some of the similarities are kind of freaky.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Maybe both games looked at medieval and older European buildings. You see these styles in many fantasy games too.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Killsmallchi

Well this makes me wonder honestly because if anyone who ever played the Age of Empires series knows it would have been an incredibly badass mmo if done right. Some of the similarities are kind of freaky.

It could have been badass but Micro$oft's greed ruined it.

• HeracliusHeraclius Member Posts: 71

The style of the houses is the way it was back then, so how would you want the houses to look? Purple walls or what?

It's just realism not copying...

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

The hours I have spent in AoE.... funnily enough never tried the online one though.

If AA has taken inspiration from it, then all good I say.

• I think it's more of a case of being inspired by historical architecture. I doubt MS reinvented the wheel, here.

Nice "oddservation" though!

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

And don't forget: Ensemble had copyrighted this style LONG before medieval houses were built. They proceeded to sue everyone that had built their house in the same style and that's why today we have buildings that look like this:

And don't build a chimney or they will sue your ass

PS: I built a medieval house once and lost thousands of dollars in a lawsuit.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by revy66

And don't forget: Ensemble had copyrighted this style LONG before medieval houses were built. They proceeded to sue everyone that had built their house in the same style and that's why today we have buildings that look like this:

And don't build a chimney or they will sue your ass

PS: I built a medieval house once and lost thousands of dollars in a lawsuit.

lol

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

How dare a medival house look like another medival house.