Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARG - bringing the community together

I was thinking about this last night, as I was going blind staring at static.  The recent ARG has started up another huge firestorm of community involvement, as everyone started working together as a group to figure it out.

Then I read a post from the guy whom discovered the 33 and how he said his group was trying to figure this out for a couple of months and was stumped, so he decided to bring it up to the community at large.

The ARGs in the future post release will have factions competing against each other to figure them out. 

How exactly would one faction do this and not tip their hand to the competition? 

This lead me to think of large Cabals working together inside the faction itself to prevent spying.  Players working together and sharing information in secretive ways not to let a hint slip. 

Sure once the puzzles are solved it will probably be on some guide somewhere, but for the period before discovery - there will be much chatter and community involvement.  And who's to say that there won't be fake guides out there too to throw people off track? :)

Yeah, this whole ARG thing might be really huge.  Very interested to see how it's implemented in game and out.

Comments

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

The image you get when pressing 33 on funcom.com (after pressing anywhere on the site) has changed... Something's up!

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Indeed. It has changed.. go www.funcom.com and press 33

or if you are lazy.. I snaped the image for you http://l3cdn.funcom.com/funcomportal/bg/hlszzkpcxly_powering_up.jpg

Well at least it seems like TSW will have a fantastic community.. Love that.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

OMG!!!!! Ack!  What could it be?:)

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

i dont think it does anything people on TSW forums are trying to figure it out and they are getting alot of nothing...

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by profess0r

i dont think it does anything people on TSW forums are trying to figure it out and they are getting alot of nothing...

? You know puzzle? It's something hard that smart people can figuer out of if they think about it for a while. You seem oddly unfamiliar with the concept..

btw, they brought the ARG to the next level now.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

i still think it's the doorway to agartha and it will open on the 24th.

I've got the straight edge.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

the image has changed!!!!! it now pulsates and ticks!!!!

I've got the straight edge.