Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Chrome? Copy and Paste Issue

MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79

Okay, i'm not quite sure if its google chrome's fault but i'm having a very strange issue with copying and pasting text. When i go to a window that i want to copy some material from i can do so and then go to the window i want to paste it in that all works. However, if i visit a different window first and then go to the one where i will paste it won't allow me to paste anymore and i have to go back and copy again and go directly to the window i want to paste in. Also after i have pasted something once i cannot do it again it just does not work.... anyone have any clue as to what the problem may be and how to go about fixing it?

Oh and i went into notepad just to see if i can type in somethere there and copy and paste it numerous times and it turns out i can but i can only paste whatever material i copied 5 times until ctrl+v stops working and i have to copy again ( just thought it was some extra information to throw in here)

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Copy and Paste functions are mostly handled by Windows using the Clipboard. This is why you can Copy something in one program and Paste it into another. It probably isn't an issue with Chrome as it just uses the Clipboard present in Windows. Unfortunately because of the way Windows handles the Clipboard issues are not easily resolved. Your best bet is to Google "Windows Clipboard Manager" and find a third party Clipboard Manager that will correct the issues you're having.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hmmm i went to test it out on a laptop in the house also running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and it works perfectly fine there allowing things to be pasted as many times as you want and for the paste function to continue working when switching to a new window or tab