Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the Dragon Ball fans here at MMORPG.COM :)

ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that DragonBall Online TW is a good game for you who like Dragon Ball or if you're just bored and looking for something to play :P

When I first heard about this game it was only avaible for Koreans and personally I dont want to pay for ilegal accounts and I'm against stealing KSSN, so I decided to wait for an English release.

But as the months has gone by, and we havent heard anything about a release here in NA/EU, I searched the web and found out that the Taiwan version of the game has been released.

And I was pleased to find out that it has a large English Community and that it's not ilegal (as far as I know anyways) to make an account and play the game since it doesnt require a KKSN code and it's not IP Blocked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is some information about the game:

• It's free to play

• it's set in the dragon ball universe (between the original dragon ball series & Dragon Ball Z, if I remember correctly)

• it does have cash shop, but I dont think it's pay2win

• it is a really good quality game for being a free2play game, I was really supriced tbh

• it got 3 races, human, namekian and majin

• each of these 3 races have 2 classes, fighter and caster and everyone of these 6 can advance to 2 classes so it's an overal of 12 different classes.

• (as I stated above) it has a large english community so it's really easy to find guilds and people to play with

• if you dont speak.... taiwanese? naturally it would be a bit hard to play, but due to many guides on the web it's really a piece of cake xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if you still are interested, here is a couple of links:

Dragon Ball Online (TW) - Complete registration guide

http://www.dbocom.com/ <--English Community Site - where you can find guides and players:)

hope this helps if you wish to give it a try :D

and oh yeah, if you play, make sure to choose Server 2.[?????] (Bulma) which is where the english community is the strongest.

and sorry if my english isnt that good ;P

Comments

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

The game is actually quite terrible.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/279367/This-game-is-terrible-for-those-of-you-who-are-wondering.html

I wrote that review about a year and a half ago, and nothing has changed since then. You still can't fly in the game either. Also, it doesn't take place between DB and DBZ, it's supposed to take place 200 years after DBZ. Here's a little excerpt from my above review...

"You can't fly, you can't go to Other World, you can't travel to different planets, you can't fuse, you can't power struggle (beam-style), half of the entire game world is locked and inaccessible to the players (as I'm writing this, you can only explore half of the entire game world, as the other half hasn't been put in the game yet), there is little to no content at all in the game post-35, there is no endgame, there is still a missing class that hasn't been implemented yet, and you learn the Kaioken technique from some guy with an afro in a Richard Simmons-esque outfit. The gameplay consists of grinding typical xyz quests until you eventually start to run low on them, and are forced to either straight grind/do repeatable quests or grind TMQs. Not to mention that you are forced to grind off of placeholder mobs as well in order to get the Dragon Ball drops."

In a nutshell, besides the fact that this is about as generic as an MMO can get, it also isn't a Dragon Ball MMO. It's just an MMO with the Dragon Ball name attached to it.

• Occha99Occha99 Member Posts: 1

Seems like it's been quite a while since you've last played.  Entirely all of the leveling can now be done through quests (non-repeatable; repeatable quests have been removed) without any need to grind in dungeons; and end game content has also been added in the form of infinite dungeons.  Flying combat and moving while casting have also been announced to be at the top of their things-to-do list and is likely to be released with the next big patch (most recent one was last week which increased the level cap to 60).

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by Occha99

Seems like it's been quite a while since you've last played.  Entirely all of the leveling can now be done through quests (non-repeatable; repeatable quests have been removed) without any need to grind in dungeons; and end game content has also been added in the form of infinite dungeons.  Flying combat and moving while casting have also been announced to be at the top of their things-to-do list and is likely to be released with the next big patch (most recent one was last week which increased the level cap to 60).

The last time I played was a few months ago, when one of the last major updates had come out. I used to periodically check up on the game after every worthwhile update, but stopped after the last time. I'm glad to hear that they've made grinding more bearable and have added some sort of endgame, but it's like a drop in the bucket compared to the remaining issuess the game has, and it took them over a year just to do these two things.

I wouldn't hold my breath on flying either, as they had been promising to put in flying ever since the game first came out. The first time was when they said they were going to add flying through an expansion. That was over a year and a half ago, and still nothing. Even if they do add flying at some point, way way down the road, why did they think they could release a Dragon Ball game without all the amenities, like flying? It's like I said, this isn't so much a Dragon Ball MMO as it is just an MMO with the Dragon Ball name attached to it. If it wasn't for the TMQs, I wouldn't have even known I was playing a game based off of Dragon Ball.

• canoedwardocanoedwardo Member Posts: 2

Well isn't this just the ultimate Dragonball experience? I mean, fans of the show who've wanted a way to grow and customize a persistent character within the Dragonball universe must be salivating over something like this game, or at least at its concept. The section on display at G-Star 2009, a videogame show in Busan, South Korea, was fairly low-key. In it various character classes, some human, some Namekian walked around in a large green forested area beating up snakes, what appeared to be squirrels, wolves, and other creatures that dropped rewards when defeated. This game will truly be interesting, what I am wondering is if every player goes around and searches for dragon balls, once they have it they have to fight other people for theirs, and once they have them all they can make a wish to become a saiyan or something. Thats most likely the least case scenario, but something like that would be a cool addition, but it should be made for everyone to have a chance with hard a little devotion.

• jaredk1981jaredk1981 Member Posts: 4

Okay Made an account no problem, used U-Torrent to download installer No Problem, Installed Launcher No problem,Started Launcher to Patch Game No problem.....Start Game....PROBLEM......Keep getting a message that says Launcher Failed To Initialize and cant get game to start any suggestions?

• TularkTulark Member Posts: 15

Did you try running it as an administrator?

Yeah I did, Also it looks like to fully authenticate my account I need to have a key sent to my cellphone and since I am overseas I would have to fax it in........This guide thats posted in the link above needs a massive update

It also seems like the client is not Patching Correctly, I tried a Manual Patch and thats not working either

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not necropost in old threads.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.