Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just can't do it.

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by stjudas

Originally posted by Kyleran

What Rabidz/StJudas fail to realize is best way to promote a "challenged" title like MO is to highlight it's good features while at the same time honestly ackowledging it's faults. It keeps their opinions honest rather than coming off like marketing shills (or even trolls in disguise).

As it stands now their posts are doing more harm than good.

Yes because the "negative" parts of the game are just never discussed on these forums right?  LOL

Seriously,  MO is as close to the perfect sandbox game as exists.   Does it hve minor flaws. Sure.  That is why we get free expansions!  If it had no flaws there would never be a reason to patch or expand the game.  Personally I am glad to get regular FREE expansions. 

The last time I played I was walking through Fab and it was so crowded I almost could not get to the banker!  More people are trying the game every day and the future looks bright.

Ack, see, you're doing it again, over-exaggerating the positive and downplaying the significant shortcomings this title has.

You can't point at the negative posters and say that you're going to counter them by being all positive, makes you look sillier than they do.  

You need to take the high road and admit to the flaws where it is appropriate to do so, otherwise you come off as a wide eyed fanboi, which no one takes seriously.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

This is kinda funny I mean last I heard MO has a little over 2thousand subs...

and Darkfall?  I'm not even sure about that probably less?

So its like we're witnessing the tinest subest of mmo players fight it out Forum PVP style.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

The last time I played I was walking through Fab and it was so crowded I almost could not get to the banker!  More people are trying the game every day and the future looks bright.

I find it odd that a game with only 2000 subs could be so crowded in a city that you could not walk through the streets.  Is the rest of the game so boring that standing in the city is all there is to do?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Talonsin

I find it odd that a game with only 2000 subs could be so crowded in a city that you could not walk through the streets.  Is the rest of the game so boring that standing in the city is all there is to do?

This may be the case in most other games, but in mortal online, there are people talking to each other in town, looking out for reds, discussing trade, crafting stuff, helping new players out, players chasing thiefs who steal from people in town, and usually most people just hang around in towns while talking lol, even butchering is done in towns.

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Basically the above is saying you can do anything inside the safety of the guardzone, a serious flaw.

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Cyde77

Basically the above is saying you can do anything inside the safety of the guardzone, a serious flaw.

Don't see how that's a flaw. You SHOULD be safe inside guardzone as MO should not be a game based solely on PvP and should not be a games that is only for the hardcore few. It should be a game in which several gamestyles should be enjoyed. Of course for the hardcore pvper, as you are, you would probably view the safety of guardzone as a flaw and it is quite possible that the average Mortal Online player views town safety as a flaw but that is not saying much. I think what speaks volumes is the current state of Mortal Online and it's lack of a diverse community and numberous player base. Even with certain bug fixes that have caused a number of players to leave the game still would not flourish because it still only caters to one style, possibly two, but a game where there is debate on if the sub levels are at 2000 a dismal 2000 should not be viewed as anything close to being successful.

The only reason I post even make a post in this thread is because of the quote that I have taken from Cyde. I think this is one of the many current issues that MO has, the current playerbase makes many suggestions to the small development team and they try to listen to them. While that sounds like a great thing, is it really? When the subscription numbers are so low is that the voice they shoud listen to? My two cents... Flame me if you would like.

• amadmanamadman Member Posts: 19

I totally agree with what you are saying here Energyo. SV needs to open the game up to more  playstyles and get more noncombat type things in game.

Even though I never had a problem with AQ(untill the last little thing), I think that some of this may change with them gone. I seen lots of post from people who where in the focus group that made me wonder why SV would have ever picked them.

Hopefully they will fill the spots with a better mix of players with differnt ideas and playstyles.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by amadman

I totally agree with what you are saying here Energyo. SV needs to open the game up to more  playstyles and get more noncombat type things in game.

Even though I never had a problem with AQ(untill the last little thing), I think that some of this may change with them gone. I seen lots of post from people who where in the focus group that made me wonder why SV would have ever picked them.

Hopefully they will fill the spots with a better mix of players with differnt ideas and playstyles.

Agreed, reading some of their posts makes me wonder what the hell SVwere thinking - you think at the very least as Testing Team they would have to conduct themselves with a little more professionalism, they should have signed up to something liket hat before they got the tag and the additional weight that would go with their posts, I think they all need kickin'.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by CroniteLore

Agreed, reading some of their posts makes me wonder what the hell SVwere thinking - you think at the very least as Testing Team they would have to conduct themselves with a little more professionalism, they should have signed up to something liket hat before they got the tag and the additional weight that would go with their posts, I think they all need kickin'.

The fact that you had to give SV your personal ID info to get into the focus group kinda limited the number of volunteers, I'd wager...

Only a "special" and not very sensible person would provide a company like SV with both ID and CC details.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Biskop

Originally posted by CroniteLore

The fact that you had to give SV your personal ID info to get into the focus group kinda limited the number of volunteers, I'd wager...

Only a "special" and not very sensible person would provide a company like SV with both ID and CC details.

I'm beginning to realize why they asked for id's though, at least then they can have some kind of measure of maturity level. You wouldn't want a 14 year-old kid in there calling the shots.

I realize age in this group of people is no sure measure of maturity, but...

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Gwahlur

I'm beginning to realize why they asked for id's though, at least then they can have some kind of measure of maturity level. You wouldn't want a 14 year-old kid in there calling the shots.

I realize age in this group of people is no sure measure of maturity, but...

Are you sure that's an issue? Some of their GMs are like 14 y/o.