Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some clarification pls?

ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78

I'm getting a tad confused over the Aion ftp situation.  I'm in the UK - am I right in thinking it won't go ftp for another week or so? 

Also, having just seen the announcement about the US version going ftp also, will the EU model get the same things which are advertised as coming to that version, like housing?

Comments

• mrholymrholy Member Posts: 9

I'm confused as well... I just received an email witch says that Aion will go truly free in spring 2012, while the closed beta just ended and everybody is hoping for the launch next week...

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Yeah it's so confusing, understanding the EU version is operated by Gameforge and not NCSOFT is very confusing

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Aion NA is remaining under NCWest and adopting something similar to their Lineage 2 model (free-to-play with a cash shop), in "Spring 2012":

http://truly-free.aiononline.com/truly-free/index.php

There is as yet no statement about what is going to be in the cash shop, but L2 "Truly Free" may well give us some hint on what to expect.

Aion EU has been hived off to Gameforge and is adopting a hybrid model with a renamed and slightly cheaper subscription option ("gold package"), basic free account with severe restrictions ("starter") and slightly gimped for former subscribers and some others ("veteran").

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/featuresdetails/

The cash shop for this is currently in beta with a "slimmed down" version of the catalogue -- I'm not in the beta so can't comment on whether there's anything gamebreaking in there already.

Aion NA will, according to the first link posted be getting update 3.0 (which includes housing &c.) at the same time as going F2P.  Aion EU will be getting it at some so far unannounced point, possibly later than the Americans as it has to be translated into 3 languages instead of just English.

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/faq/item/gamecontent_02

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Yeah it's so confusing, understanding the EU version is operated by Gameforge and not NCSOFT is very confusing

Yeah! lol ^-^

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by dancingstar

The cash shop for this is currently in beta with a "slimmed down" version of the catalogue -- I'm not in the beta so can't comment on whether there's anything gamebreaking in there already.

there is nothing gamebreaking at all.

The only stuff that's really even game effecting in any way right now are the 20% XP lodas stones.

Some are saying that making gold packs tradeable is a problem, giving the players the ability to effectively 'buy kinah' but it's no different then the Plex system ithat EvE uses, allowing time rich folks to earn kinah to buy game time off cash rich folks. It might well even cut nicely into the inevitable illegal RMT trade and help reduce the barrier to entry that new player will ee in a few months.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by lordathon

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Yeah! lol ^-^