Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a problem with injustice... or rebellion...RAWR!

I have a very big problem with injustice, to the point of it getting me in trouble.

Obviously the rational choice, if your goal is to NOT get banned, is to follow the rules or perhaps try to intelligently be "above the rules" by performing rebellious or contradictory behavior within guidelines and rules.

However, I'm much more brash, and typically will speak out against the authority without fear if I believe there to be injustice, inequality, or immorality.

In other forums or games, I very often I will speak out against moderators, personally (PM) or publicly (response to their posts), and very often this will get me banned. I have overwhelming anger when I am screwed by business practioners who lie to me and steal my money but due to the pathetic amount of money involved it isn't even worth going to small claims court over. (Neither is the stress, or the anger if I ever lost a case against a scam artist.)

People who are heavily uneducated and misinformed or brainwashed by propaganda or myths which are proven to be false. Such as a gamasutra article I recently read where this author based his entire theory (stating it as fact) on short term memory. The entire time he was talking about long term memory, as he was incredibly misinformed as to what short term memory is and how it is defined. While many people commented on how it is "psuedo-science bs" which he made up without any evidence (but it is a commonly believed myth that long term memory is short term memory if short and brief in application) but this article was credited and payed for by an otherwise exceptional website, intelligent commentors, etc.

Fox News enrages me whenever they blatantly lie and misinform on incredibly obvious things. Taking advantage and exploiting ignorant people by telling them false information (lies) is a big injustice.

Yet I am powerless to stop this. I cannot educate the uneducated, because they are misinformed to believe scientific fact is a lie, despite it being proven. I cannot unban myself from video games for disagreeing with a ToS I was forced to sign but morally never accepted or explain how those who reported me literally said in chat that they will abuse an auto-ban system. I cannot challenge moderators of forums or administrators of websites even if I have overwhelming evidence they are abusing their power, are entirely wrong in attacking others, and that I did not break any rules when defending said others.

I often find myself wanting to punch the living crap out of some people IRL, due to the injustice in the virtual world. I am a pacifist and a very nice person, very hard to anger. In fact, I have people cuss me out to my face and it doesn't upset me much. Injustice, not verbal abuse, upsets me. Wrong information accepted as fact, not argument or debate, upsets me. Being bullied myself doesn't accept me, but others bullying each other does. If I try to be mature, intelligent, and formal in my argument I find myself hated by moderators faster than if I immaturely troll around and dance to childish banter. In the end, cyber space is full of people who bully others, who I cannot stop, even if I defend the victim.

I just find myself getting in all sorts of cyber-trouble for my feelings against cyber injustice, and I can't help but find myself banned, blacklisted, abused, or the problem never resolved no matter what I do.

Comments

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

Ever since I became an adult many years ago, this has been "stacking" up. At first it was just unbelievable some of the injustice in the world or abuse of others by greedy or nasty people. As my naivety dissolved to become wiser to the evils in the world, especially in business practices, it got worse and worse.

This last year it's gotten worse, where I literally will step in and help others argue if I know for a fact they're being screwed.

Maybe some day I'll be the guy who amongst hundreds of others, pushes over something and screams, starting a riot (or revolution)? Because honestly, I'm tired of seeing other people screwed over.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I get what you're saying, and used to think similiar to this.

Then I realized that there's too many people in this world to save everyone, teach everyone, help everyone.

The only thing you can do is just take care of yourself, and let everyone else sink or swim on their own

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Sounds like an adult version of ODD. I'm dead serious