Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue dagger spec PVEing tips?

viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395

Just wondering, but to all dagger spec rogues (backstab and ambush talents) how do you PVE. When I switched, I found dagger very hard to PVE. Doing SS and normal attacks do so little dmg, and can hardly solo 2 mobs. Would like some tips plz.

Right now im a sword rogue.

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

Comments

• bukshotbukshot Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by viet_boy33
    Just wondering, but to all dagger spec rogues (backstab and ambush talents) how do you PVE. When I switched, I found dagger very hard to PVE. Doing SS and normal attacks do so little dmg, and can hardly solo 2 mobs. Would like some tips plz.
    Right now im a sword rogue.

Ambush is a great talent, make sure you put talent points into it. Usually if you sneak up behind a mob your lvl and ambush you can get it down to half life. Also at lvl 20 you get poison's after you do a quest, those also help. I use 1 dagger, and 1 sword!

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Soloing more than one mob at a time has always been tough for me unless they are several lvl lower. Even at that it is risky to get surprised attacked. I never attack if I will aggro more than 2 mobs, I just figure they will be too much for me.

My method for taking on 2 mobs at once is to sap one and get the other while the first is stunned. If things go wrong, like aggroing a third mob, its time to hit the panic button; ie vanish! I always keep plenty of vanish powder in my inventory, I depend on it more than poison which I don't use much because I think it is over rated. Poison effects don't impress me much.

I use to be armed with a dagger and a mace but I switched to two daggers, both rares and both from the AH.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    I have a dagger spec pvp build and take out mobs 3 or 4 lvls higher than myself.
  • kurosakikurosaki Member Posts: 32

21/8/22

you should know what you need. just don't put anything on poisons its totally useless.