Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those adventure types...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

They announced that they would be carving out more places like these not long after the closed Beta weekend and that there would be rewards inside, they aded that you would have to navigate platforms, traps and enemies and to find these hidden areas may require you to go of the beaten track.  A nice touch for all the exploration fans.

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235

Yeah, the game seems to offer a whole lot for explorers. And best of all, it seems to reward those who do.

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Oh no, platforming, my mortal enemy!!!

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

yessssssssssss

this is now officially the thing im am most excited for ! Might sound strange to some people, but going off the path has always fascinated me. Wall hopping in WoW prio patch 2.4 was my favorite thing to do. I am going to have a blast exploring this game ^.^

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

That's some impressive use of the (-y,+y) exploration in GW2! Like some of the small touches (water-mistfall, disturbing ravens..)

The chart in the article by Sardu is a serious endorsement! (relink as it's good read):

http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/previews/press-beta-event-impressions

Amount of Awesome

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Alot

Oh no, platforming, my mortal enemy!!!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning

/trollface

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I think this is another field/side to of exploration that's v rewarding:

A number of these challenges will also give you collectable books that can be placed in your bank vault, and provide some additional lore based on the particular skill challenge you completed to obtain it. There are currently a total of 45 of these that can be placed in your vault, along with numerous other collectables you’ll earn through different aspects of gameplay.

Covering the bases. : )

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

These puzzles will become easy for Thiefs, Guardians and Elementalist (Teleport), but hey, it's great that ArenaNet are tending to the needs of the Explorers that have been neglected by recent MMOs.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I was quite taken by this vid, I know it's a bit more than just an easter egg but the whole look and feel of the place was great and appeared that someone had put a lot f work into designing it.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Thanks for the video, that looks very nice. This stuff's right up my alley.

Platforming may try one's patience sometimes, especially in games where the character movement isn't good, but this game really looks to be safe from that. And chasing a mystery is always fun. :)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Love exploring.  It is the greatest casualty of narrow funneled theme park games imo.  Really loved reading and looking at everything to do with this.  This and WvWvW are two of the things that excite me the most.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

What is seen on map is huge, but there is also the entire old world that is beneath the new world.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

As an adventurer, I saw some pretty cool stuff there.

I have to wonder though, will the animosity that was directed towards TOR's "platforming for datacrons" translate to here as well?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I have to wonder though, will the animosity that was directed towards TOR's "platforming for datacrons" translate to here as well?

probably, for some people out there god forbid if the game doesn't hold their hand and put every item right in their lap.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

it's not an easter egg hunt. The world is just a vast expanse with hidden finds, what you are describing is to be forced to find something hidden out in the world. Easter egg hunts are a serious design flaw. I refuse to do them or play a game that makes them important.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

all those years of Mario will finally pay off....

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by F0rumLurker

Great quality video by Tentonhammer demonstrating what kind of amazing places you can find off the beaten path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Z8n120H7Y

I'm sure there are plenty more like this waiting to be discovered.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/previews/press-beta-event-impressions

edit: also added in Sardu's article from Tentonhammer.

That was pretty cool, working her way up through that area. Thanks for posting the video and the article link. :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Yes, i think the attention for detail will keep to be an inspiration for us all... Incredible well tought out cavern

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

Reminds me alot of SWTORs Datacron exploration. I like it. Only thing that bugs me a little is the character seems to be out of sync with the runspeed. IE The character takes 3 running steps where 4 were needed.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Good to know all those hours playing Super Meatboy and "I wanna be the guy" honing my platforming will finally pay off.

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

OMG, not more platforming. I love exploring, but not when it makes me do crap like this. Guess this will be a part of the game I won't be participating in.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

This is fantastic! I never thought that jumping will be such a big part of gw2, specially because gw1 have no jumping at all. Sometimes it might get frustrating but once you succefully climb something huge, it is a great feeling. The good thing is that once you reach the end you get reward. This means: loots chest, skill point etc. Heaven for explorers.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

lol stupid.... no reward for finding and going through all that, epic fail.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by sinjin

lol stupid.... no reward for finding and going through all that, epic fail.

You did watch the video... right?

There is a very important reward at the end. It's what's needed to unlock some of your best skills.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.