Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3's NEW Chat Feature: Absolutely Terrible.

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Due to popular demand, Blizzard decided to integrate a Chat Feature into Diablo 3...

I tested the chat feature this past weekend via beta. It is absolutely embarrassing. I was expecting to experience a nice graphical user interface that was packed with a variety of social tools, e.g., player avatars, ability to link weapons, ability to "inspect" gear, ability to meet folk and form guild channels, a nostalgic "chat gem" etc. I was at least expecting something similar to the Chat System of Diablo 2.

However, what we got was something so basic and primitive - a simple chat box that sits in the lower-right of your menu screen.

How can we build and form communities with this? Why does Blizzard have such a vendetta against its former self?

COMPARING COMMUNITY BUILDING TOOLS

VS

Gaming is not evolving...it's devolving.

Comments

• They could have more planned before release. It's not like there's a release date.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

My god that second screenshot was a nostalgia kick in the teeth...so many wasted nights...so much fun. 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Originally posted by Axxar

They could have more planned before release. It's not like there's a release date.

What you say is supposed to make sense. However, out of all the beta sessions I've ever experienced, nothing every gets changed.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Originally posted by Axxar

They could have more planned before release. It's not like there's a release date.

What you say is supposed to make sense. However, out of all the beta sessions I've ever experienced, nothing every gets changed.

They sure seem to be changing quite a few things of late, so I wouldn't be so sure.  Most recently the Runestones.

• Is it me or is the all-important chat gem missing in the Diablo 3 chat?