Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 requires Origin

124»

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by tawess

And since the world did not end with the BF3/Origin thingie i feel that it will most likley survive this too.

I for one is getting the CE, mostly because i have used the EADM/EAStore/Origin for many years nad have had no problem what so ever.

I don't know.  I skipped BF3 an I was a huge fan.  I didn't bother with SWTOR even though I sort of wanted to check it out.  I won't be buying Mass Effect 3 either.

There are a lot of people who would like to try a game out without having to sign up for yet another service etc.  Also the cross promotions between the games and "cards" that you earn etc. turn me off.

I am one person at least who buys games the odd time even though I might only play them for a bit.  That one extra barrier makes the difference.

Not to mention they called it orgin. . which is a company they killed.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Originally posted by Warmaker

Originally posted by warmaster670

ah hypocrisy at its finest, whine whine whine about this, but nothing about Valve, a comapny whos been doing the EXACT SAME THING for almost a decade.

Nothing but more mindless EA hate.

LOL, you act like EA doesn't deserve hate image

Actually no gaming company deserves hate. I am surprised that people hate companies over video games. I hate terrorists, human and drug traffickers, i hate politicians and suits in wall street but EA, Valve and Steam? no way.

How is what EA does any different then suits on wallstreet?  They use whatever means necessary to maximize profits at the expense of everything else.  I don't hate EA, I am just not happy with the new Origin direciton.  I don't want to log in to play a single player game like KoA.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Ok here is an interesting question If someone played the first 2 games on steam then how can their decisions be transferred to the ME3 when ME3 requires Origin.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

ah hypocrisy at its finest, whine whine whine about this, but nothing about Valve, a comapny whos been doing the EXACT SAME THING for almost a decade.

Actually no gaming company deserves hate. I am surprised that people hate companies over video games. I hate terrorists, human and drug traffickers, i hate politicians and suits in wall street but EA, Valve and Steam? no way.

How is what EA does any different then suits on wallstreet?  They use whatever means necessary to maximize profits at the expense of everything else.  I don't hate EA, I am just not happy with the new Origin direciton.  I don't want to log in to play a single player game like KoA.

/facepalm

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

Originally posted by tawess

And since the world did not end with the BF3/Origin thingie i feel that it will most likley survive this too.

I for one is getting the CE, mostly because i have used the EADM/EAStore/Origin for many years nad have had no problem what so ever.

This ^^

If you don't like Origin, don't buy the game. Simple. You have 2 other platforms you can get it on if you own an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Complaining about it won't get you anywhere as it won't change anything. The success of the game is going to be huge and Origin will have no MASS effect (lol hilarious!)  on sales. EA was smart enough to make a platform of their own to make money with so Valve does not reap all the rewards of digital sales...nothing wrong with that. The more money EA makes, the closer companies like Activision will come to having their own digital platform.

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

If it's not on Steam, i won't but it.

Not like i was going to buy it anyway, rpg lite corridor shooter with Bioware teenage cliche story, dating sim.... no thanks, so far the game looks even worse than DA2.

Maybe when it's on the 5$ garbage bin on Steam.... maybe

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

/facepalm

I see your /facepalm and raise you another.