Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal GM apologizes to AQ in teamspeak

Comments

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Klyster

Originally posted by Tacan

Originally posted by Cyde77

I wish I didnt have to say this but yes you are pretty much right. But please remember it was only a few who decided this, many of us had no part in it.

only few) no Cyde ...u all exploiters all guild AQ

how many was banned??? u all know about   exploit and use it.

You are an idiot alot of people who wasnt even in AQ got banned aswell players like princereaper and disgusting does that prove they are exploiters and hackers aswell ?.

You have no idea on whats going on, SV fucked their customers over royaly and are now trying to save face when in fact Discord as the lead gamemaster bares sole responsibility and should get removed from his position pronto for letting this happen.

Typical AQ response. its ok for us to exploit because others have done it.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by Lustien

Typical AQ response. its ok for us to exploit because others have done it.

Few bad apples doesnt necessarily mean that whole apple tree is bad aswell. And still i dont see you saying anything about Discord being incompetent on recognising whats an exploit and whats not in the game he is supposed to be lead GM. They also admited that some people crashed the attackers by abusing a known bug and only that fact honors the rest. It remains to see if they gonna name, shame and kick the ones who did it but judging from the fact that Cyde was angry on CDXX i bet my euros he is the bad apple.

• Bobzer77Bobzer77 Member Posts: 9

If it had been any other guild that did what you guys did you would be be out looking for blood.

That's all I'll say.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Bobzer77

If it had been any other guild that did what you guys did you would be be out looking for blood.

That's all I'll say.

Any _individuals_ who broke the game rules should be banned.  I don't see what you are suggesting.  We never said that a guilty party should not be banned.

But I'd like some blood.... GM Discord should lose his position over the false bans.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by psykobilly

That's all I'll say.

Any _individuals_ who broke the game rules should be banned.  I don't see what you are suggesting.  We never said that a guilty party should not be banned.

But I'd like some blood.... GM Discord should lose his position over the false bans.

I don't think he should be fired.  He did what he thought was best.  He latter reviewed the logs and unbanned those player after he relized he made a mistake.

Even if these players weren't banned AQ's keep would have still been destroyed.  It really didn't matter.  

What they need is better trained GM's.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

That's all I'll say.

ThIs is what iv been tryin to get Henrick to SEE, but my videos havent yet presuaded him, oh well, his fault

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I just hope that you guys in AQ dont let SV suck up and get you back.  If you would go back, it would let SV know they can do crap like this and get away with it.  If you guys stay unsubbed, it sends a clear message and maybe SV will finally do something about the terrible GM system they have

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

funny thing is

Most people that unsubbed will go back, "morality" unsubs never last long

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

why dont you guys put Mortal onlien drama in mortal online official forums instead of putting it on mmorpg.com. We really dont need to hear all this crap coming out of MO, i mean really its not neccessary.

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Bobbie203

why dont you guys put Mortal onlien drama in mortal online official forums instead of putting it on mmorpg.com. We really dont need to hear all this crap coming out of MO, i mean really its not neccessary.

That is an easy answer.  Anything pertaining to the SV being incompetant would be deleted the and the person most likely banned.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I disagree.

I like to read up on the concerns of MO like some people like to watch "reality" shows like 16 and Pregnant and Hoarders and whatnot. I honestly find it entertaining to read what people are paying money to have done to them that they would never allow to be done to them in RL.

So please Username and Kas and the rest, please continue airing MO dirty laundry!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TalwinSindasTalwinSindas Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by sandboxluv

That is an easy answer.  Anything pertaining to the SV being incompetant would be deleted the and the person most likely banned.

This.

SV censors way too much, both on their forums and IRC. With no ingame global chat this leaves us with very few options were we can talk to the community about the game freely. When I hear something outside of game mechanics happened, I come here because I know I'll probably find the answers here and not on the official forums.

The MO GM Talwin is Sindas.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Highly disagree.. This is the closest thing to a real discussion i've ever seen on this forum

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

About an hour ago, GM Theia came into the AQ teamspeak and apologized for the initial bans that kicked off the entire mess.  It turns out that Discord fundamentally misinterpreted the evidence of the 'ghost inventory exploit' that AQ was accused of.  In fact, the 3 people who were banned all died inside the keep from earthquaking.  Any false flagged items viewed by the GM's were flagged as such due to having just died inside the keep, and the items were on the corpses.

The entire mess was Discord's fault for poor analysis of evidence and his "100% proof" turns out to be 0% proof.

I would appreciate if Theia would publically reply to this thread, since I know you follow MMORPG.  It would be good to have an official statement from SV.

---

To address a few other points:  it has come to my attention that someone from AQ used a yellow account to chat spam the enemy after the initial bans were given.  AQ does not condone the use of such an exploit, and it is a stain on the name that it happened.  I personally apologize that such a thing happened; it is not classy.  As an older member of AQ, all I can say is that young raging kids will be young raging kids and it never would have happened if it were not for 'false' GM bans.

[mod edit]

As far as keeps being destroyed, SV has said they will release the results of that investigation.  I personally hope an AQ member did not have anything to do with it.  I can tell you the majority of AQ don't know anything about it, and if someone does they aren't talking about it.  

The bottom line is that GM's should never be allowed to have guild affiliations.  They should not have ever played the game as to eliminate any bias for friends.  The volunteer GM program should simply not exist, and is another example of a fundamental leadership failure within Starvault.  

Unprofessional to approach players on a non corporate medium...

edit; Actually, if he is a representative of a company and he apologies, Does that make the comapany liable for damages under law?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Players trying to be developers ans developers trying to be players.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

I feel kind of sorry for SV in all this, as the amateurs they are.... But they should have taken into account the ridiculous amount of asshattery that comes with this kind of game.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by Mellkor

About an hour ago, GM Theia came into the AQ teamspeak and apologized for the initial bans that kicked off the entire mess.  It turns out that Discord fundamentally misinterpreted the evidence of the 'ghost inventory exploit' that AQ was accused of.  In fact, the 3 people who were banned all died inside the keep from earthquaking.  Any false flagged items viewed by the GM's were flagged as such due to having just died inside the keep, and the items were on the corpses.

The entire mess was Discord's fault for poor analysis of evidence and his "100% proof" turns out to be 0% proof.

I would appreciate if Theia would publically reply to this thread, since I know you follow MMORPG.  It would be good to have an official statement from SV.

---

To address a few other points:  it has come to my attention that someone from AQ used a yellow account to chat spam the enemy after the initial bans were given.  AQ does not condone the use of such an exploit, and it is a stain on the name that it happened.  I personally apologize that such a thing happened; it is not classy.  As an older member of AQ, all I can say is that young raging kids will be young raging kids and it never would have happened if it were not for 'false' GM bans.

[mod edit]

As far as keeps being destroyed, SV has said they will release the results of that investigation.  I personally hope an AQ member did not have anything to do with it.  I can tell you the majority of AQ don't know anything about it, and if someone does they aren't talking about it.  

The bottom line is that GM's should never be allowed to have guild affiliations.  They should not have ever played the game as to eliminate any bias for friends.  The volunteer GM program should simply not exist, and is another example of a fundamental leadership failure within Starvault.  

Unprofessional to approach players on a non corporate medium...

edit; Actually, if he is a representative of a company and he apologies, Does that make the comapany liable for damages under law?

No, the EvE EULA is quite comprehensive and covers CCP against most legal actions

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Gwahlur

I feel kind of sorry for SV in all this, as the amateurs they are.... But they should have taken into account the ridiculous amount of asshattery that comes with this kind of game.

True.

A FFA PvP game does attract a certain kind of players (the griefing, trolling, e-peening, exploiting kind that do their best to find weaknesses in the code and game design), and thus it's very important that the devs and GMs know what they're doing - paying customers don't like losing hours, days, weeks, or even monhts of gametime due to bugs, glitches, crashes, exploits, cheats and corrupt and/or unprofessional GMs.

Sadly, MO has been a total mess in this department from day one. The number of serious (often gamebreaking) bugs and exploits is so huge that no one could really keep track of them all, let alone fix them. The times GMs have acted shady, stupid and unprofessional is almost as many.

I personally quit a few months back, partly due to unfixed exploits that SV totally ignored (the "glitch into palisades" thing), and party becasue I witnessed horrendous behaviour from GMs during sieges. Of course MO's other failures played their part, but the constant exploits and GM behaviour was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There's no sense in playing a PvP game in which PvP entirely consists in mastering more exploits and having more GMs in your pocket than your oppononent.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by RefMinor

No, the EvE EULA is quite comprehensive and covers CCP against most legal actions

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Guys, please don't post details that can let people know how to perform an exploit. Discussing it in general terms is okay. Also, remember to keep exchanges civil. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by stjudas

Why would I believe a guild that has been proven to be cheaters and liars and probably involved in the minor security breach?  If you have proof of this please post it, otherwise I do not believe the OP.

Game is going great.  Think anyone on the fence should try it now as it will only get better soon with the Awakening Expansion which will add working AI and user interface.  Unlike other games that add fluff, MO adds full fledged features in their expansion!

Why should we beleive you? You just claimed MO has more subs than EvE had at the same age. That of course, is completly incorrect. So, who seems to be spouting propaganda?

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• listnngstonelistnngstone Member Posts: 14

First I would like to start by saying that you won't recognize me from this name or my post count. I just don't post on these forums, until now. I am Clandestine, a long standing member in AQ. My character was Covert, one of the 3 that got banned at the siege in question that needed this formal appology. So after finding that I did no wrong, and my character, along with Warchild and Shit (the third character in this ban) having been appologized to for a wrongful ban have yet to be unbanned despite what we had been told.

I just figured that when someone is sincere there is little the offended needs to do to make things right. So far StarVault has not held up their end of the appology. I should NOT need to submit a ticket, they should remember the 3 characters that started off this shit storm and they should have had their fingers on the unban button as they were appologizing. Instead, it's an empty appology in my mind and just adds to all the reasons this whole event has become unacceptable and leads to all the reasons of AQ leaving this god forsaken game.

Within minutes of getting this unwarranted ban, I started to call Henrik, himself. I also contacted Discord (the lead GM as you all now know for sure) on IRC. The heat of the moment was not going to allow for the time a support ticket was going to take so I went to IRC to talk straight to the lead gm. I told Discord I was dialing Henrik's number as I was typing to him as well and his only response was "don't threaten me". I didn't threaten, even in that context it wasn't a threat as I already had the phone to my ear. I rang his phone twice with no answer. I continued to get discord to respond but he just ignored me. Thankfully, I found out Gankez was chatting with him, and I hoped he had gotten it under control. Unfortunately that is not the case and we realized this was useless to even try to deal with at that time. I did not persoanlly participate with the crashing using chat, but I was for it at the time. Honestly, I am kind of for it now since it's a major game breaking bug that has been conveyed to the lead developer Sebastian months ago and still had nothing done to fix it.

I have no sympathy for Starvault in any of this. They have carried themselves in the most unprofessional manner I have ever seen a game designer run. There have been many issues brought to their attention and it just hasn't been a priority. As a matter of fact, the reason any of this has happened since release is because they have always had their priorities mixed up.

Sure, there are more people re-subbing, subbing, and buying the game. They decided to release Tindrem, as someone said it was supposed to have been in at/near realease but never was. It's the perverbial "carrot at the end of the stick" for many veterans that have since left the game behind. The truth is, StarVault is hurting. Their financials prove it. "Awakening" is just a plot to get an influx of re-subs in a hopes to spike the revenue to survive their investors for at least 1 more quarter in a hopes to keep the game alive longer. It's a pretty shady marketing tactic, if you ask me, since their only marketing has been word of mouth with the current subscribers.

This is the private message I sent Henrik on the MO forums. It was the most polite I could be in light of the circumstances:

I want you to pay close attention to your active accounts page.

AQ has just decided to mass unsub from your game. I hope that if mortal survives this mass exodus that you learn from these mistakes that have been made by your staff and if corrected in a timely and proper manner, we might be back. Probably not, this is not the first time. I now fear it wouldn't have been the last time.

I know you will hear what happened from your staff since this is going to be a pretty big storm for your company to weather. I personally have 3 accounts. There are 181 characters in AQ. That's quite a few accounts. It's a pretty sizable chunk of your currently active playerbase. This is not a joke and we are answering this blatant lack of professionalism with our bank accounts.

If by chance Mortal dies, I do hope you learn well from all these mistakes and you take care to be in touch with your staff. To be in touch with the product you are providing people or this will happen again.

Sincerely,

A very pissed off customer.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by stjudas

Why would I believe a guild that has been proven to be cheaters and liars and probably involved in the minor security breach?  If you have proof of this please post it, otherwise I do not believe the OP.

Game is going great.  Think anyone on the fence should try it now as it will only get better soon with the Awakening Expansion which will add working AI and user interface.  Unlike other games that add fluff, MO adds full fledged features in their expansion!

AQ is known to be one of the more honorable guilds, that's why one should believe them instead of GMs who been catched redhanded several times. The post above mine shows the true story behind the events and how horrible SV customer service is (do they even know what it is, lol)!

As for expansion, it will add broken AI and UI, as it always have. It's kinda sad that after two years, a game still has to patch in core features where other great games can patch in fun stuff to entertain players with intead.

Things are looking dreary for MO!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Rabidz

Originally posted by listnngstone

A prime example of a company that really cares. You have the # of the CEO and the ability to call him up.

That's probably because in sweden there is a public database of every single citizen with their number and adress. There is only one Henrick Nyström in Malmö according to it. 

Your angry excuses really makes MO looks dreary!

• listnngstonelistnngstone Member Posts: 14

As a matter of fact, I was in the channel when [GM]Theia was in the channel appologizing. At the time I appreciated his attempt at making amends. If I had recorded it, I would be more than happy to share it with you. I wouldn't stoop to that level though, as you have no idea how many transgressions by this company I have just "written off".

Not a game for me? I was one of the first hundred to log in and I was there when Sausage lake was named. You can think what you want, but to go there is just more negative than anything I have to say. The truth is StarVault messed up, no matter what you think. I know, AQ knows, and StarVault knows. Your opinion on the matter means nothing as I present facts on that regard, not an opinion. A formal appology to AQ on their official forums would be their admission of guilt. I just don't see that happening.

A threat is not a threat if it has already happened or is happening. At the time I sent that pm, we had all unsubbed. Therefore, not a threat.

One day, when you are displeased with a product you buy and you go to tell the manager of the store or company you bought it from that you are not satisfied, I hope they respond to you with, "Wow, you must be butthurt over this!" and see what happens after that. The response like that really shows how immature you are compared to what I have said here in a proper tone and in no way being malicious towards anyone. I am stating facts and observations. If you can't understand that you need some reading comprehension skills.

edit: ok, so maybe it wasn't a "formal" appology and that's the word you keyed in on for your response. It was as formal as it was going to get since [GM]Theia is second in command of GMs as far as I know. He's directly under Discord within that chain of command.

This discussion has been closed.