Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Guild system is pretty robust in this game

fonyfony Member Posts: 755

it's much more impressive than some games that are already released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA

Comments

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

You can see the server bonuses from WvWvW too.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Look at the guided tours of racial cities and then compare them to some other newly released mmo cities.

so you can have single names and multi word names.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Wow....that's a hell of a lot more complex than I expected. Wasn't Anet just recently saying that the guild system wasn't going to be that fleshed out at release? And this is their definition of bare bones?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Wow....that's a hell of a lot more complex than I expected. Wasn't Anet just recently saying that the guild system wasn't going to be that fleshed out at release? And this is their definition of bare bones?

nice huh?

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Wow... my 2 month stint in SWTOR made me forget everything about guild functionality.

Impressive.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

It is called guild wars for a reason I think

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by fony

nice huh?

Yes D: Imagine how much more will happen to it when they actually dedicate more time and resources to it later on. Can't wait to see what happens to it. Might, for once, get me interested in making my own guild.

Originally posted by dinams

It is called guild wars for a reason I think

Misnomer, though a common one. Game is named after a war in its lore "The Guild Wars" involving a war between the three human factions, many years before the first game actually began:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Totally love how the Developers really think.....Just shows you that this team "GETS IT".

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Love this development team.  See why I have been so hyped about this game now?  With a system they think that isnt fleshed out and is already heads and shoulders above any other guild system in an MMO jsut shows you how much they care and shows me how much "They Get It"!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Yeah, even I was surprised by how much depth is in the Guild System. Heck, I played Rift until about a year after it's release and even then the Guild System pailed in comparison to the one GW2 has already implemented... IN BETA! image