Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...where are the away missions?

The game looks great some far except for one little...actually major thing: no away team missions. Oh yes, I know there will be away team missions that you can actually play. That is to say, you'll get pop up screens telling you whats going on. But that just doesnt cut it. Star Trek is about exploring strange new worlds, and to do that you actually have to beam down and explore. Making a Star Trek MMO without real ground gameplay is only making half of a Star Trek game =/

Comments

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

For a browser game I am not expecting much along the lines of exploration.  I wonder though, in the current Star Trek MMO, how is beaming down to a planet to "kill 5 and Scan 5" justifiable as exploration?

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

I have to agree with Cac here - let them focus on space first, then if it's popular enough, I'm sure they can work on adding more things like away content. Though, for those who underestimate the power of browser based gaming. I have a little link here for you.

http://www.gaikai.com/

I recommend that you try the Dragon Age II demo. Loading time is about 10 secs? It's damn fast. Just goes to show how powerful browser based gaming can be.

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by D_Kitlor

The game looks great some far except for one little...actually major thing: no away team missions. Oh yes, I know there will be away team missions that you can actually play. That is to say, you'll get pop up screens telling you whats going on. But that just doesnt cut it. Star Trek is about exploring strange new worlds, and to do that you actually have to beam down and explore. Making a Star Trek MMO without real ground gameplay is only making half of a Star Trek game =/

One could say the very same thing about STO.  image

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Star Trek is about strange new worlds, however this is about the dominion wars, probably not too much exploring when the fate of the quadrant is at stake. 

• latelylucidlatelylucid Member Posts: 7

you can't set expectations on a free to play browser based game. if it sucks, oh well, no loss