Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am confused and need help...

chaos.leighchaos.leigh Member Posts: 33

In RV being able to seige towns is good but...

What if my house was in a town that was being seiged but i was not logged on while the town was being attacked, would that mean when i logged back on i would of lost every thing.

Comments

• djpearcedjpearce Member Posts: 38

No one knows for sure how sieges will work, but if your houses were burned to the ground while you were offline then yes they would still be burned to the ground when you logged back on.

You will be able to have slaves to guard your property and obviously someone will be online in your town if you live in a populated town. The best place to build is therefore a long way from any potential trouble, of course trouble creates opportunities. Crassus himself got to be the richest man in Rome by hiring a fire fighting force which would buy the houses that were on fire or not put out the fire.

Total roleplay is the name of the game.

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

djpearce is correct.  If you're offline when someone attacks your home, you may very well log in to some ruins.  As he suggested, if this is is not something you want, you may want to seek the relative safety of the larger Roman towns.  Or, gather enough money to hire NPC guards that can repell such an attack.  This will keep people from builing out in the middle of nowhere, without thinking through on their security (this and the cost of transporting materials/labor to the site).

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Originally posted by Kanoth
    djpearce is correct. If you're offline when someone attacks your home, you may very well log in to some ruins. As he suggested, if this is is not something you want, you may want to seek the relative safety of the larger Roman towns. Or, gather enough money to hire NPC guards that can repell such an attack. This will keep people from builing out in the middle of nowhere, without thinking through on their security (this and the cost of transporting materials/labor to the site).

That is SO cool. Can't wait.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Hell yes! What a concept, I can't wait either. To build out in the middle of nowhere would take teamwork.

Imagine a player town where everyone donates a certain amount every month to pay for some awesome guards to protect their new city. I imagine that would be a thing where sesterces would come into play.

I hope they have siege weapons!image

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    There goes my idea for a nice beach shack to take my kidnapped Roman women to image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ThethraxThethrax Member Posts: 36

There's limitations on where you can build, therefore there's no question there will be others building around you, thereby combining forces. The likelyhood and frequency of attacks will decrease as population grows.

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

AFAIK, the only (announced) limitation of building structures is that they must be in a "play zone," which is sort of like an EQ zone. Since the map will be 1/2 the size of Europe there seems to be a lot of space to build in.