Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AQ mass unsub from Mortal: gm's unprofessional

2»

Comments

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Thats unfortunately the bane of indy games and indy Devs, they're largely young/gullible and their games have such a sensitive population that whoever has enough "potential subs" can bully them into submission and concessions to avoid losing money that could spell shutdown.

Good luck in the next game, I'm sure we'll run across each other somewhere hopefully in a decent game.

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156

AQ are being bad losers, as usual.  They exploited, got caught, and probably doctored that conversation and left out several main arguments from SV.  Bottom line is they lost their keep, and now are rage quitting, they completely forgot to mention the exploit that got them banned.

J. B.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Thats unfortunately the bane of indy games and indy Devs, they're largely young/gullible and their games have such a sensitive population that whoever has enough "potential subs" can bully them into submission and concessions to avoid losing money that could spell shutdown.

Good luck in the next game, I'm sure we'll run across each other somewhere hopefully in a decent game.

Well I hope you aren't implying we are bullying them by unsubbing... we haven't contested the siege results and we haven't asked for anything from SV.  

For me, the removal of Discord and Ovidius would be enough though.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by Jester92

AQ are being bad losers, as usual.  They exploited, got caught, and probably doctored that conversation and left out several main arguments from SV.  Bottom line is they lost their keep, and now are rage quitting, they completely forgot to mention the exploit that got them banned.

Pretty much this. Bye AQQ.

• sandboxluvsandboxluv Member Posts: 56

Well I know the server has been brought down. I hope it is not to give the keep back. I hope you guys stay to your word and unsub. I hope this is not just a stunt to make SV capitulate.

Because if this is not a lesson.  GM interferance happens all the time.  It happened today. It has happened many times before and it will happen again.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Even if you are right, which really is just your opinion, its still a blow to the population that is extremely small with them in it. Now SV is out 20-50 subs (depending on who ou believe about the guilds numbers).

Lolipops !

If you want to talk about population, aq constantly kills people who are new, for no reason.  The community is actually improving very well, there is a guild dedicated for teaching newbies, so far of the max guild(200 people) we have 60-70 that have subscribed. In the past week.

J. B.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

Exactly, finally the GMs are taking charge and enforcing the rules as they should.

AQ was basically just a shadow so they ragequitting will have no impact on the game, specially not in the south.

And why are u not talking about the AQ GM Psykobilly ? The one that fueled with rage right after a server reboot took and destroyed 3 keeps and probably alot more so that the server is down for alot longer ? Why not talk about that ?

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Even if you are right, which really is just your opinion, its still a blow to the population that is extremely small with them in it. Now SV is out 20-50 subs (depending on who ou believe about the guilds numbers).

The count is currently at 59 accounts.  We're tracking responses in our internal guild forum.

Obviously we don't have a way to verify each account, but I take everyones word for it.  My 3 are unsubbed I can guarantee.

As for being bad losers, I can say I truly do not think this would have happened without the false bans.  

I know... its either their GM or some wierd unforseen Exploit,  2 keeps were instantly destroyed in two very different parts of Nave, something went wrong and then they took the server down...

J. B.

Originally posted by ThaBadMan

And why are u not talking about the AQ GM Psykobilly ? The one that fueled with rage right after a server reboot took and destroyed 3 keeps and probably alot more so that the server is down for alot longer ? Why not talk about that ?

I honestly did not know AQ had a GM at all.  I have not been in game for hours, so if that actually happened then I think it's pretty fucked up.  But active players can only be counselors I thought....?  How could a mere counselor blow up a keep?  Or anyone but the master GM for that matter?

I know... its either their GM or some wierd unforseen Exploit,  2 keeps were instantly destroyed in two very different parts of Nave, something went wrong and then they took the server down...

3 mate, Bandit Alliance got destroyed, Shadow Squad got destroyed and Chernobyl got destroyed. 3 keeps 2 close to eachother and 1 on the other side of the map.

Then there was one.

3 mate, Bandit Alliance got destroyed, Shadow Squad got destroyed and Chernobyl got destroyed. 3 keeps 2 close to eachother and 1 on the other side of the map.

I didnt see Shadow Squad but ill take your word for it, but yeah.

J. B.

Originally posted by psykobilly

I honestly did not know AQ had a GM at all.  I have not been in game for hours, so if that actually happened then I think it's pretty fucked up.  But active players can only be counselors I thought....?  How could a mere counselor blow up a keep?  Or anyone but the master GM for that matter?

Nah u could become a GM like Syndic and Bibi was before they got booted for the shit they did. Im not saying u knew or not but that shit is fucked up.

Then there was one.

• blackmage191blackmage191 Member Posts: 15

lol aq   welcome to my world

geting baned got me the reputation of a hacker,    i see their bans are still justified very very well.

theres ways to harm sv more than they harm you,    

u guys ever heard of corruption of a guildstone?  basically it means

create a guild with a character name *example*  trolol

delete the character trolol, and remake one names trolol

go hit the guildstone,  server crash,  15 mins later,  press r again server crash, 

u guys should of accepted my help against ur ennemys  i could of bring 4 account mages with 126 int and 100 ecu that earthquakes 4x each for 70 dmg plus on everyone     too bad.

This discussion has been closed.