Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player question.

ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I started playing Aion in December due to the fact that I read about the upcoming 3.0 patch which included some features that I enjoy in mmorpgs mainly player housing.

My concern is that I won't be able to compete for an upgraded house, not due to my lack of play time or resources, but due to the fact that the Gold sellers in the game makes this a Pay-to-win game.

2 weeks ago I seen an item sell for 1.2 billion Kinahs, many players said they were reporting the buyer.

My questions are:

Is NCsoft doing anything to curtail the gold selling activity within the game. (I get constant whispers and mail adevertising gold selling websites in game)

Is there anyway to report this type of activity immediatly, and if there is, are these people being dealt with? (they advertise Never Been Banned in there mail and whispers.)

Should I continue to to play this game hoping that this issue will be dealt with?

So far I am enjoying the game, but the thought of having to purchace gold from some website to be competitive is really a distraction for me. Let me state I will never do this, and I have replied to the whispers and mails with my opinions of them. Parasites etc: also telling them I think they are ruining a good game.

Discuss.

Comments

• demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63

Nothing to discuss gold sellers are not news to mmo world. Don't see what you are hyping all about , btw i doubt ncsoft will do something

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by demodar

Nothing to discuss gold sellers are not news to mmo world. Don't see what you are hyping all about , btw i doubt ncsoft will do something

This is not about hype. This is the first mmo I have played that this issue is so prevelant, therefore my question.

Unfortunately I am not from the WOW generation so please indulge me.

I do thank you for your response.

Fell free to move along:)

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

This is a problem in EVERY game my friend. The fact you get mails makes it more relevant but its alwais been there,in every game. Go on google and type inputagamenamehere gold and you will see loads of site. The same amount that Aion has. Because there's a free trial its easier for them to use random char to advertise. I just started playing 2 days ago due to the lack of game to play and i must say im having a blast so far. cant wait to pvp. Obviously big spender alwais win in most of the game but i bet imma have fun anyway.

Originally posted by kimahris

This is a problem in EVERY game my friend. The fact you get mails makes it more relevant but its alwais been there,in every game. Go on google and type inputagamenamehere gold and you will see loads of site. The same amount that Aion has. Because there's a free trial its easier for them to use random char to advertise. I just started playing 2 days ago due to the lack of game to play and i must say im having a blast so far. cant wait to pvp. Obviously big spender alwais win in most of the game but i bet imma have fun anyway.

Thank you for your response. The games I have played has not have this problem. I still play UO, Darkfall, Daoc, Allods and Eve to name a few. There is some of this happenning in Eve but they have live chat mods that squash them quickly.

The main purpose of this thread was to garner feedback to assess if I wanted to invest a lot of my time this game.

I am also enjoying Aion. I needed a new game to play and it seemed to be the right time to try Aion.

I did open a support ticket and NCsoft responded promptly. (another positive sign that encourages me to continue to play the game)

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (edit)

Hello,

Thanks for sending us your question.

Please be assured that ad spamming, phishing attempts, and bot use are absolutely not allowed and will lead to the account involved being immediately terminated. We take this issue very seriously, and we're also working on a number of proactive approaches to remove these people from Aion and prevent them from accessing the game in the first place. It's not an easy task, but we will do everything we can to remove these nuisances from Aion. If you see someone spamming ads in the game, please send us their character name and server to help us kick them out promptly.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you and have fun playing Aion!

Regards,

edit

Aion Support Team

I think that they are really concerned. If we all as players take the time to do as suggested in NCsoft response, we might be able to clean up this game.

I will alt+tab and report every whisper/mail i receive. I hope other players take time to do the same.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Aion is an especially big target for gold farmers due to the copious amounts of money sinks involved in the game.  In some MMO's there are limits to what you can achieve even with unlimited gold.  However, in Aion, there are so many things that are gold intensive, it's difficult to keep up without time to farm for it.  The amount of botters has significantly decreased, however they won't go away completely from any game, especially Aion.

Originally posted by Arawulf

Aion is an especially big target for gold farmers due to the copious amounts of money sinks involved in the game.  In some MMO's there are limits to what you can achieve even with unlimited gold.  However, in Aion, there are so many things that are gold intensive, it's difficult to keep up without time to farm for it.  The amount of botters has significantly decreased, however they won't go away completely from any game, especially Aion.

Thank you Ara for your input into the discussion. It is quite informative. I prefer sandbox full loot games, but there are non out there atm that deserve my Kinahs:)

NCsoft is attempting to get rid of these parasites and I will assist to the best of my ability.

If we all alt+tab and report whispers/mail immediately we as players might assist them.

ATm it's the best game for me and the one I am enjoying the most.

Hopefully we can rid the game of  some of the lingering fester prior to 3.0

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i used to play Aion as well and the thing that really drove me away was the constant gold bots and gold spammers.  i think for whatever reason it's a bigger problem in the NCsoft games than with most others.  it's a shame because i think aion (and l2) are at their core very good games.  especially when they put player houses into aion ^^

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by itchmon

i used to play Aion as well and the thing that really drove me away was the constant gold bots and gold spammers.  i think for whatever reason it's a bigger problem in the NCsoft games than with most others.  it's a shame because i think aion (and l2) are at their core very good games.  especially when they put player houses into aion ^^

when have u played aion the last time? 2 years ago? havent seen any goldspammers for..hmm dont even remember when the last time was... and u must be kiddin about bots dont u?...there is almost no game without bots but i can say i havent recognized any bots since a long time now.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

In europe its rare to see gold spammers, sometimes 1 RTM mail but nothing special, im more concerned about those hackers because those can destroy the fun on pvp.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by khartokhar3

Originally posted by itchmon

when have u played aion the last time? 2 years ago? havent seen any goldspammers for..hmm dont even remember when the last time was... and u must be kiddin about bots dont u?...there is almost no game without bots but i can say i havent recognized any bots since a long time now.

Yeah, the gold bots have been down for a long time.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by pedrostrik

In europe its rare to see gold spammers, sometimes 1 RTM mail but nothing special, im more concerned about those hackers because those can destroy the fun on pvp.

I had 1-3 gold spammer mails per day on Telemachus. It kept blocking my post box, so it was annoying to be forced to check daily.

LFG!