Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the wild server f2p now?

GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Hi,

just wondering: I remember reading a discussion about wild going f2p a while ago, did that ever happen? Is it part of Freedom now? Because then I could inspect my old village and see what has become of it, har har.

Comments

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

So I logged into my old account that was on Wild.. the skills decrease to 20 because of the trial limit (I've been told this will be reverted if I ever pay for Wurm again) but else you can walk around freely with your old Wild chars.

So I played again for a couple of hours, and I feel like I owe Wurm this little review: It was fascinating for a bit. I spawned where I used to have a little deeded village - nowadays it's an unimposing piece of forest again, though with a few cliffs that can be identified as manmade and way too much oleander.

Unfortunately for me I mostly had jewels and armour pieces on me when I desperately needed something to drink and a pickaxe to dig out my old treasure that I had buried over 570 days ago. So I snuck through the forest down to the lake where my neighbours used to live.

It felt post-apocalyptic. I should add, only 12 people seem to play on Wild right now. But a the old ruins are still left in many places and I did keep some of the stuff that I found between the old walls down there at the lake where someone used to run a little cattle market. Shame the place is full of bears nowadays - I couldn't even take a look at everything.

Eventually I stumbled across a pickaxe and a waterskin which I quickly filled. Equipped with that, I headed back to my old village, dug out my old mine (which was again burried under dirt and rock) and tadaaaa - the reinforced cave walls had passed the test of time and though my old crates and the forge looked a little damaged, they're still at my service. Torches, tools, equipment, jewels.

I dunno. I found this pretty imrpessive, getting my old equipment back after 570 days. It's a bit magical, isn't it?

And that's where I am now. I think I'll just take a look at the other places on Wild, see what has become of everything. I'm too lazy to build a house. :p

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Gerolt
    Hi,

just wondering: I remember reading a discussion about wild going f2p a while ago, did that ever happen? Is it part of Freedom now? Because then I could inspect my old village and see what has become of it, har har.

Yuh, a lot has changed since you have not been on Wurmville in 570+ odd days, at around November of 2011 Wild is f2p now, Wild has been renamed to Chaos along with a new pvp premmy only server named Epic that introduced advanced skill gain, a lot of us who played on what is now known as Chaos moved on to there, earlier last fall at around September 2011 Rolf opened up two new pve servers "Deliverance" known as Deli for short and "Exodus" also known as Exo for short.

Now with that the Golden Valley f2p server access was removed so if you had no characters there you no longer can adventure Golden Valley, the new tuturial is setup out by what was once known as Scorpion Stone they have all new characters that are created go through this rediculously insane loooooooong tutorial which you can't bypass and to top it all off they claim that it's not complete yet...

btw, nice story about getting ur items back, 570+ days huh? amazing that nobody found and took ur items considering that was Wild back in the day where the majority "not all" but the majority of the griefers played, but that is one of the many things what makes Wurm so great ;)

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!