Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they get the world record?

ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

I know they were going for a world record on Valentines day for virtual weddings ... did they get it?  I couldn't find anything to show they actually got a record.  All I could see is that they were going for one.

Comments

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

they are still going through the data, they should be fine tho.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

yes they did

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Info below:

"A press release today announced that RIFT players banded together with the goal of setting the record for the most in-game marriages in a 24-hour span. We're not certain what the previous record was if there was one at all, but RIFT players managed to set the bar with a staggering 21,879 marriages performed between noon on February 14th and noon on February 15th. RIFT executive producer and Trion Worlds CCO Scott Hartsman is pleased with the outcome, stating in the press release that "Ascended Weddings were a great way to lift the veil on RIFT's new 'Gatherings' feature, social experiences that bring players together in new and interesting ways." He goes on to add that "[the studio] looks forward to expanding this great new gameplay element in the always-evolving world of Telara." So congratulations to all of the lucky couples. Enjoy your new ball-and-chain!"

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Arawulf

I know they were going for a world record on Valentines day for virtual weddings ... did they get it?  I couldn't find anything to show they actually got a record.  All I could see is that they were going for one.

Considering there was no prior record, of course they got it.