Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Aion(f2p) VS NA Aion (P2P) -wondering.

kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

Hi there,

Im not much into f2p because then game alwais get pretty shitty. What im wondering if its P2P Aion will survive the F2P EU aion coming out? My fear is that no one will join the p2p because you have to play. So obviously people will plaùy the F2P thinking iof i like the game,im gonna invest in the cashshop. People wont go and try the F2P only to go play the P2P afterwards. Because they dont wanna restart their character. Am i right?

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yup.

unless they start blocking IP numbers from the F2P there wont be many people playing the NA versions. NA Aion will go F2P eventually anyways. Europe is just a test drive.  

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

My guess is that they will block Aion EU to external IPs

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

So my best bet is to stick to NA Aion .. worst that cvan happen is it goes F2P like EU.

But why would EU IP blocks ..Means they would lose potential players. Unless there was some sort of contract or something.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by kimahris

But why would EU IP blocks ..Means they would lose potential players. Unless there was some sort of contract or something.

They will have.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by kimahris

So my best bet is to stick to NA Aion .. worst that cvan happen is it goes F2P like EU.

The IP (Intellectual Property not the Internet Provider) belongs to NCSoft which licence other companies to run it.

When someone buys a licence for a particular region like the EU for example, obviously they want some kind of protection.

In Aion case NCSoft itself which still publish Aion in NA surely put a condition in the contract to protect its subscription base before releasing a licence to Gameforge

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

Closed beta wasn't blocked for North America IPs .   One more week to wait and we'll know if this holds true after launch too.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I would be shocked if they did not block US IP's within a short period of time.

If I were you I would not risk it. Aion NA will become F2P soon enough, give it a year or so. 

Just play in the NA servers, level up in a largely low population environment and once the game goes F2P you can go around ganking all the F2P newbs. 

Even if you were to play in the EU servers you would eventually want to pay a fee at higher levels if you really got into the game right? 

• VABeachDaveVABeachDave Member Posts: 228

They did not block the IP addresses of USA people to the EU servers and there was no mass exidus to EU.

They also justr announced today that NA will also go F2P this spring along with when 3.0 goes out. 3.0 has tons of new stuff in it to limit pvp zerging, also adds housing, and more of everything else. Also mounts although not sure what use a mount will be in a game where you can fly.

Fan sites:
    AION-On-Line.com
    aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/
    www.aionarmory.com/
    www.aionglobal.com/
    www.aionsource.com/
    www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253
    www.onrpg.com/

Official sites:
    www.ncsoft.com/global/
    www.aiononline.com/us/