Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good game but damn bane is hard

huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Ive been playing this game since the update and i have to say i like what i see.  The game is challenging.  Somewhat difficult. Had a hard time defeating Bane. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Comments

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Originally posted by huskerman34

Ive been playing this game since the update and i have to say i like what i see.  The game is challenging.  Somewhat difficult. Had a hard time defeating Bane. 

I've played for a month at release and as far as I can recall Bane was the most challenging fight during leveling stage. It's been too long to remember how to beat him but those barrels arround the room can be used to your advanatge.

I downloaded DCUO yesterday for one F2P ride since I have nothing else to play until GW2 and TSW come out.

• ferris0823ferris0823 Member Posts: 1

i find beating sinestro helluva lot more challenging.. also, i was able to beat bane as an archer with mental powers.. :)

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Actually plaing the game for the last couple of days I recalled Bruno Manheim was by far the thoughest one for me. He is level 25 mission and I couldn't kill him at level 27 so I'll wait till I'm 30.

Sinestro is fairly difficult but finished it recently in a single run. It's all about knowing when to fight and when to dodge to avoid high damage. Alos, having allies fight along your side makes it easy to get away and take a quick break to recover.

Bane was also surprisingly easy this time around but I was 3 levels higher than suggested so no wonder. I think if you take Batman as your mentor you get Bane mission much earlier. With Bane you can destroy most barrels in a room befor the fight starts which helps because Bane uses them replenish health.

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

in pvp ive killed 30 with my level 10

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Last time I played, I couldn't solo Bruno something or other.

He's like some cultist dude.

• CrankshaftCrankshaft Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by huskerman34

For Bane, from what I remember, you have to stay with him, you cannot range him, Just like the magical statue, melee is what does them in.  RUN when the bricks start to fall, and close in with melee on Bane.... again... from what I remember.

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

Alan Scott!!!

Took me the time to buy the T0.5 set to beat him, while i could do challenges in greens to earn my early MoT with no big problems.

Nature(Healer)/Archer

• PGHammer21PGHammer21 Member CommonPosts: 18

You will want to do at least your first Legends PvP (and your first Alert) before tackling Bane at the Cape Carmine lighthouse; trying to tackle Bane before then is a real GPB.  If you're a hero (regardless of role) you have at two mission chains post-Braniac's ship before even dealing with the first of the Bane mission series (and you SHOULD be at least L3 when you leave the ship) - one you crack L12, however, Bane is a breeze as long as you have even halfway-decent equipment (with my two primary hero characters, I've earned the "School of Hard Knocks" feat at Cape Carmine (no Colas *and* making it past all of Bane's hencies and Bane himself).  One other thing - you *can* go back and tackle even already-completed missions to earn Feats (the exceptions are Gorilla Grodd and Scarecrow) at the same level of difficulty (in fact, you SHOULD do so before the difficulty level jumps to earn particular Feats) because each quest chain can have multiple Feats associated with it (the HIVE chain for heroes by way of example has four - Spy Smasher/all LexCorp SpecOps infiltrators captured, For Science!/all scientists rescued, School of Hard Knocks - Queen Bee/no colas used, and Unstung Heroes/not getting knocked out).  Besides, if you think Bane is rough, wait until you face Poison Ivy and her plants.

• PGHammer21PGHammer21 Member CommonPosts: 18

Exactly.  Pound, pound, pound, duck away when the lighthouse trembles or when health gets low, heal up, then, when the lighthouse stabilizes, go back in and whale away again.  Basically, it's like a lumberjack chopping down at a particularly-troublesome tree.  The same strategy applies to tanks, or DPS/dual-wielders.