Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious about the motivation behind posting numorous negative reviews

124»

Comments

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

If I were to guess, I'd say its...

45% viral mudslinging by fans of a different game hoping to financially hurt their game's competition

45% viral mudslinging by employees of a company that develops/publishes a different game hoping to financially hurt their game's competition

10% people who genuinely dislike the game but are not mature enough to just stop playing and move on to something better suited to them

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Hatewall

My guess is that it is a natural response to the artificially inflated posts and reviews.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Gibbonici

Originally posted by Hrimnir

The sad part, the REALLY sad part, is you have a bunch of people, mainly biodrones and Star Wars fanbois, who are incapable of pulling the wool from their eyes and seeing the forest for the trees.  They're too busy drinking the kool-aid to realize the game their playing is actually crap, and the only reason they are "enjoying" it, is because it happens to be their "most favoritist IP evar!"

So what?

It's not like you're going to convince them anymore than they are going to convince you, so I doubt you're actually doing anything that might stop other MMO companies making games you don't like.

Actually, you'd be wrong.   First, quite a few BioDrones have changed their minds about this game.  Including some that were more than liberal in calling anyone who posted any critcism 'trolls.'     Denial is a tough shell to break... But it can be broken.

Second, under the presumption this game fails pretty badly, you can bet market researchers will take this forum information and distill it into some report somewhere.  They'll probably even survey people in focus groups...

Originally posted by Bladestrom

Originally posted by MosesZD

Its not a matter of simply not liking the game.  I don't like Harry Potter books, and i really could care less how popular they are.  Now, if that started making every other fantasy author start writing really crappy, poorly thought out copies of Harry Potter and then foisting them on the public and it got to the point where you couldnt actually find any quality fantasy to read because everything is dominated by crap Harry Potter clones, then all of a sudden im going to be inclined to try to do something about it.

This is the same issue, its not what SWTOR is, its what it represents.  It represents that MMO developers have decided we're all idiots and that we will accept poor quality, buggy, derivative pieces of crap and then pay full price for it.  The sad part, the REALLY sad part, is you have a bunch of people, mainly biodrones and Star Wars fanbois, who are incapable of pulling the wool from their eyes and seeing the forest for the trees.  They're too busy drinking the kool-aid to realize the game their playing is actually crap, and the only reason they are "enjoying" it, is because it happens to be their "most favoritist IP evar!"

This sums it up pretty well.   Plus the out-rageous flaming, trolling and lying you get from the BioDrones.    I have never seen such rabid fanboyism that exists in the BioWare fanboy community with any other game in my life.   It reminds me of those Muslims who rioted over the Mohammed cartoon because it was 'disrespectful.'

+1 to both opinions here.

In the end its still just touting your opinion over the opinions of others. You're still just saying "I don't like these types of games, therefor they shouldn't exist".

Its exactly a matter of just not liking the game.

(And for the record, I've never liked a single BioWare game. This one I happen to find mildly amusing)

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

45% viral mudslinging by fans of a different game hoping to financially hurt their game's competition

45% viral mudslinging by employees of a company that develops/publishes a different game hoping to financially hurt their game's competition

10% people who genuinely dislike the game but are not mature enough to just stop playing and move on to something better suited to them

Now that's tinfoil hat time...   

Originally posted by MosesZD

Now that's tinfoil hat time...   

I did say it was a guess.

Besides, fanboys are rabid, and viral advertising is running wild these days. Would you really put it past them?

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

So what you are saying is that IF you like a game, even if you know what they can do to improve it better, you should shut up and deal with it. Because the developers knows best, and regardless what patches or expansions they do, your opinion for your favorite game in the whole world doesn't do shit, because they will not listen to you nor anyone who really enjoys it.

How can a game company improve their games when everyone that loves it doesn't give them some sort of critique. We voice our opinions because we want it to be better, be the best that it can.

Of course there are trolls, but they are the ones that doesn't give any reasons behind their dislikes, or likes. Their only wish is to hurt the games, not to help it, and its easy to see who is helping and who is just bashing.

Is SWTOR the best game out there, NOPE, but is it enjoyable fun leveling through your class quests, pvping 10 ~ 49, i definitely think so. Does it have bugs and exploits that is currently frustrating and making their players quit? Sure, but are they doing something to fix it, from the looks of patch 1.1.4 they are definitely doing that.

You are just like all the forum posters that defended Bioware when we point out that Bioware favors the Empire in Civil War. Now that patch notes 1.1.4 proved that Empire always gets the double tick at the beginning regardless of which turret they get. What do you have to say for yourself!!  ( patch note 1.1.4 stated that imperials has a bug that when they get the turrets, it double ticks, it stated only Imperials triggers it, not a specific bug that everyone can get )

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

Originally posted by Bluefear77

I’m curious about the motivation behind posting negative review after negative review. Why post it again and again?

I can understand if you don’t like a game, but why do you continue to post again and again that you don’t like the game?

I will give you an example: I didn’t like “Fallen Earth.” I have never gone on any Fallen Earth forum and bashed the game. Did the game have problems? Yes. Do I feel like it is ok for other people to like the game?  Yes. But I never felt like I had to go on the game's forum and attack the game.

So why do the same people on this site continue to post again and again how much they dislike/hate the game? Why do you feel it is necessary to act like that?

I’m curious. Thanks.

Because we are the gamers. By gamers i mean the people who play the games for fun, not for profit or perks. I.e IGN, gameinformer, various review sites. These people are paid to play and write reviews about the game. Are some of thier reviews biased? Of course they are lol. i even think they take bribes sometimes lol.

The reason we can post our negative reviews/ positive reviews is because we bought the game, played it, and know what we like and dont like ( this varies from person to person)

i feel that SWTOR deservers a 7/10 on my scale, but ign gave it a 9/10.. whos review are you going to trust? that depends on what you want to believe right? if you want to believe a game is good, then you are only going to read good reviews, amd vice versa.

Another example of why people post negative/positive reviews is because there are people like us. Lets say im a huge fan of FFXI, Shadowbane, and PSO (which i am). Your also a fan of these games. We ahve similar tastes. So if i play Tera, and post a review (either positive or negative), wouldnt you want to read it since we have similar taste? my review may be much more helpful to you than lets say IGN's review, or someone who was a fan of guildwars and WoW.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM&ob=av3e

Some people believed,thats why.

Let's internet

Originally posted by Lucioon

So what you are saying is that IF you like a game, even if you know what they can do to improve it better, you should shut up and deal with it. Because the developers knows best, and regardless what patches or expansions they do, your opinion for your favorite game in the whole world doesn't do shit, because they will not listen to you nor anyone who really enjoys it.

How can a game company improve their games when everyone that loves it doesn't give them some sort of critique. We voice our opinions because we want it to be better, be the best that it can.

Of course there are trolls, but they are the ones that doesn't give any reasons behind their dislikes, or likes. Their only wish is to hurt the games, not to help it, and its easy to see who is helping and who is just bashing.

Is SWTOR the best game out there, NOPE, but is it enjoyable fun leveling through your class quests, pvping 10 ~ 49, i definitely think so. Does it have bugs and exploits that is currently frustrating and making their players quit? Sure, but are they doing something to fix it, from the looks of patch 1.1.4 they are definitely doing that.

You are just like all the forum posters that defended Bioware when we point out that Bioware favors the Empire in Civil War. Now that patch notes 1.1.4 proved that Empire always gets the double tick at the beginning regardless of which turret they get. What do you have to say for yourself!!  ( patch note 1.1.4 stated that imperials has a bug that when they get the turrets, it double ticks, it stated only Imperials triggers it, not a specific bug that everyone can get )

What the hell post were you reading just now? Because it definitely wasn't mine.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Bluefear77

I’m curious about the motivation behind posting negative review after negative review. Why post it again and again?

I can understand if you don’t like a game, but why do you continue to post again and again that you don’t like the game?

I will give you an example: I didn’t like “Fallen Earth.” I have never gone on any Fallen Earth forum and bashed the game. Did the game have problems? Yes. Do I feel like it is ok for other people to like the game?  Yes. But I never felt like I had to go on the game's forum and attack the game.

So why do the same people on this site continue to post again and again how much they dislike/hate the game? Why do you feel it is necessary to act like that?

I’m curious. Thanks.

The threads that is garbage are threads that is created only to bash games. They have no purpose other than to vent the particular gamer's frustrations or to fuel their Ulterior Motives.

Everyone who bought a game, has a right to their opinions, but it should atleast be a constructive discussion on what caused that dislike or like. What they could/should have done to make things right, of course its only your opinion, but with the popularity of the threads it will acknowledge that this reason for dislikes is actually similar to everyone who has played the game. And that this is really a problem that has plague most game/MMO's so that you hope that some developer out there reads your posts and will know what not to do in their next installement.

Fooled me once shame on you, Fooled me twice shame on me, if i find some features that I really hope not to see ever again or to have improved upon, I will definitely let the world know.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

yunno you could just change the name of this thread to insane asylum , finatical comments only please and no once could tell the difference

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

Its not a matter of simply not liking the game.  I don't like Harry Potter books, and i really could care less how popular they are.  Now, if that started making every other fantasy author start writing really crappy, poorly thought out copies of Harry Potter and then foisting them on the public and it got to the point where you couldnt actually find any quality fantasy to read because everything is dominated by crap Harry Potter clones, then all of a sudden im going to be inclined to try to do something about it.

This is the same issue, its not what SWTOR is, its what it represents.  It represents that MMO developers have decided we're all idiots and that we will accept poor quality, buggy, derivative pieces of crap and then pay full price for it.  The sad part, the REALLY sad part, is you have a bunch of people, mainly biodrones and Star Wars fanbois, who are incapable of pulling the wool from their eyes and seeing the forest for the trees.  They're too busy drinking the kool-aid to realize the game their playing is actually crap, and the only reason they are "enjoying" it, is because it happens to be their "most favoritist IP evar!"

so should we hate on enmasse because they are doing ip blocks based on region? Their explaination for it is to keep out hackers and botters. lmao...they must think gamers are a bunch of idiots because they are obviously spoonfeed players a bunch of bs.

what makes swtor a pos? yeah its buggy but that the same issues other MMOs deal with also. your opinions for not liking a game is just one person's opinion. lmao...how high quality of a person can you be if you think players that play swtor is a bioroid or fanboi? ever thought the what you want to see in a game might not be at the top of the list for others?

p.s. your post http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4760829#4760829 just fails.