Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, its official I am going back...

2»

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by xpowderx

Originally posted by tixylix

Everquest is a dumbed down shell of it's former self anyways and has only tried to emulate WoW for years.

LOL, and WOW emulated who? Im glad Eq is picking up. WOW is no longer top dog. Nor should it be!

If EQ is emulating WOW to pick up the few adults in both mind and body who play WOW. Then I can only guess what WOW has become! Something a kindergardener would now play!

It's truely sad EQ has sucked since Luclin and PoP and has been butchered by one rushed expansion after another. I mean WoW was inspired by everquest, we know that for sure as the developers used to play it. However WoW was a total different game than Everquest at the time, the similarities were lke comparing DAOC to WAR, to the fact they played like two completly different games from different eras. 

Just a shame Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies and Everquest 2 all copied WoW in their design after WoW launched and it ruined all three of them. The games have been so dumbed down and turned into easy mode, Everquest 2 especially it was even easier than WoW which made me laugh when I played it last year.

Just go and play Project 1999 if you want the Everquest experience, it is a much better game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by tixylix    The games have been so dumbed down and turned into easy mode, Everquest 2 especially it was even easier than WoW which made me laugh when I played it last year.

i guess its a matter of taste but i find wow much easier than EQ2

in the last patch -- Blizzard removed all outdoor quest heroics from the game under level 80

at least EQ2 still has heroic nondungeon quests

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by xpowderx

Everquest is a dumbed down shell of it's former self anyways and has only tried to emulate WoW for years.

LOL, and WOW emulated who? Im glad Eq is picking up. WOW is no longer top dog. Nor should it be!

If EQ is emulating WOW to pick up the few adults in both mind and body who play WOW. Then I can only guess what WOW has become! Something a kindergardener would now play!

It's truely sad EQ has sucked since Luclin and PoP and has been butchered by one rushed expansion after another. I mean WoW was inspired by everquest, we know that for sure as the developers used to play it. However WoW was a total different game than Everquest at the time, the similarities were lke comparing DAOC to WAR, to the fact they played like two completly different games from different eras. 

Just a shame Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies and Everquest 2 all copied WoW in their design after WoW launched and it ruined all three of them. The games have been so dumbed down and turned into easy mode, Everquest 2 especially it was even easier than WoW which made me laugh when I played it last year.

Just go and play Project 1999 if you want the Everquest experience, it is a much better game.

RED: How exactly is Everquest dumbed down? Sure its easier for lowbies now to level 1-30. But after that it gradually gets more and more difficult. As you made the assertion that EQ is"Dumbed  Down". Examples please. Show us here why EQ is a dumbed down game.

Have you played the progression servers? Have you even played EQ? You made the statement and assertion. As such you are privvy to show us exactly how it is dumbed down.  Go ahead, we are waiting :-D

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

Im interested to see how the FTP design turns out.  As it is, silver members (which I plan to be) are capped at 1000 AA, Im wondering if there will be an item/service purchaseable in game that will up the limit.