Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, you want to be a Roman?

vaguvagu Member UncommonPosts: 44

I wonder if the teams are going to be even in this game, not that its really a problem if they aint.

i also wonder if there s going to be any form of comunication betwen the 2 tribes, if there s  gona be barbarian centres allied to Rome, fighting other barbarians. (Rome i suppose will have no scism)

I wonder if the Romans are going to enjoy any type of respect from the barbarians, or are they going to immediately be called noobs or carebears? are the barbarians going to start talking 1337 and suffer from complete lack of good crafters and true organisation?

Anyway i think i m going to chose barbarian for start, but that is ofcource something you need to discuss with your friends/guild before deciding.

whats it going to be for you?

Comments

• boneheadbonehead Member Posts: 11

Well I hope to play Attrebates

based around Silchester  (cavea attrebatum)

but not sure if they are even included yet

Lloyd

• vaguvagu Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by bonehead

Well I hope to play Attrebates
    based around Silchester  (cavea attrebatum)

but not sure if they are even included yet

Lloyd

respect man!

(i was thinking of the Allani, but they are more related to the later roman period)

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Roman heads will adorn the walls of my grass hut image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Originally posted by vagu

I wonder if the Romans are going to enjoy any type of respect from the barbarians, or are they going to immediately be called noobs or carebears? are the barbarians going to start talking 1337 and suffer from complete lack of good crafters and true organisation?

Well.. if THIS happens, it means a majority of the WoW community will have migrated to RV, which would mean I'd find more fun in severing my own leg, and once having done that, will find a new MMO.

That being said, the first person I see say "OMFG I just pwwwned yoo n00b!!!1", well I will dedicate my play time to raking their eyes out with a rough copper spoon.

I just hope to high living hell the above mentioned attitude doesn't show up in RV. No offense meant to the OP, offense meant to a % the new generation of MMOers.

*goes back to hanging Roman heads next to Razors.. and drinking more cool Aussie beer*

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Well im the first one to say that the forums of most games only really represent a small portion of the player base ... maybe 5-10%. Even at this rate Im really happy with the level of maturity of posters on the RV forums, especially in the Barbarian section. If you havent been over there and read it go take a look I think you will find it will put your mind at ease somewhat.

Having said that.... I agree that everything will change with mass apeal.... popularity certainly serves to lower quality in most cases... The balance with RV should be (again hopefully) that getting to an "uber" level will require some genuine work and skill, something that WoW really only features in a partial way. Anyone can grind away like a bot, but actually having to think about what your doing and having genuine penalties for making a mistake should turn off a lot of young 133t types.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• CoinsCoins Member Posts: 12
    I'll be a barb around Antonine's, good farmland, good inlet (for the future NAVAL expansion), and I'll probably fight/avoid the Romans...and the Picts too..and the Brigantes, that's about it. image