Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG: If there were to be a rally at the doorstep of LucasArts....

If there were to be a rally at the doorstep of LucasArts, where ever that may be, would you fly over to attend? Bro's, I would in a heart beat. I would buy a ticket and meet you all there. 

In the name of all MMO's , if this were to happened to any other community (It eventually will), I would support you 100%. 100% that you make it safely to the doorstep and represent us as a whole. 

This shouldn't have happened.  

RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYcYRsjkdg

Comments

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

No. At this point I'd rather see a SWG2, but unfortunately I don't see that happening, and even if it was an option out there I'm afraid it would be even less of a sandbox game than the NGE was. SWG followed the UO model, but that was proven to be less successful than the WoW model. LucasArts doesn't want a niche game with a small (even though very loyal) fanbase, so their games will be in step with the most successful model at the time.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

SWG2 will only end up being like SWTOR if  it was created. SWG is already written, with all the features you can ever have in a MMO.

If they were to clean up the code (rewrite the NGE without the CU or pre-CU code in there too) making it less laggy, which is more possible now that the game has been shut down, and then rerelease, more people will play it, as now people have sampled SWTOR, and have now left. People are missing SWG - posts are popping up all over the place from many different people, and SWG only had a niche playerbase because of lack of advertising, and people so positive that SWTOR by Bioware would be a guaranteed sucess, so never bothered starting on SWG.

If SOE shut down Valcyn/Shadowfire in 2010 or 2011 instead of 2009, because it would have wrecked all my progres, I doubt I would have carried on playing SWG either, and then just waited for SWTOR, due to not enough time to do everything again, and the thought that SWG may have gotten shut down shortly after SWTOR released. If it did not shut down I would have then returned, and knowing now what SWTOR is like I definately would have returned sooner than expected, but chances are I would have played both constantly, now without SWG to slow me down, it gets me to 50 fast and then there is nothing that SWTOR has to offer to keep me subbing.

This year would be the best time for Lucasarts to rerelease SWG, and advertise after either of the 3D versions of Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi have been screened - "You have now seen the movies, carry on the adventures with other players in Star Wars Galaxies", and put some real marketing into it.  It is quite possible that LA bought the code from SOE, and they will host it themselves.

If LA do a SWG2, it will be by themselves then it will probably end up being another WOW clone, and worse than SWTOR.

If SWG does not return shortly after all 3D films have been released, then doubt SWG will ever come back, but I have a New Hope that it will for now. I doubt many will go play SWTOR after seeing the films, but more will play SWG as it is set in the timeline of those movies. No other game gives you the classic Star Wars feel than SWG. Other games have Star Wars locations, but they never feel the same as from the movies, as like Jabbas Palace in The Force Unleashed and Star Wars Lego, it does to a point, as it is only a sample, but in SWG you get to explore it all.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I don't just want LucasArts to re-invent Star Wars Galaxies.

I want them to re-invent their entire operation.

I'd picket in front of their studio in Los Angeles, if I could.  Because, damnit, I don't just want good Star Wars games to come back.  I want good Indiana Jones games to come back too.  I'm sick of this shit thats happening to my two favorite IPs.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

You guys are like religious zealots.  I understande you liked your game, it's done now, it's not coming back.  Try to heal.

Originally posted by Gurpslord

You guys are like religious zealots.  I understande you liked your game, it's done now, it's not coming back.  Try to heal.

I will start to believe it is not coming back from 2013. This year with the movies being rereleased in the cinema, it is the best opportunity for SWG to make a return.

Even if SWTOR had half the bits of SWG that kept me subbing to SWG, I would keep subbing to SWTOR more, and not worry SWG is gone, but SWTOR has NONE of them.

It also depends on how SWTOR does too, if it keeps tanking, and LA got more profit in the long run with SWG than SWTOR is generating, then they will more likely do too.

SWG closed with population levels of that which kept DCUO operating. If that population was not enough, DCUO would have closed instead of going F2P. LA has good start if they were to take over it. SWG population levels were about the average, especially for a P2P game. WOW is an exception. If they also make SWG go F2P, SWG will rock the charts, and certainly do far better than STO is doing, which is awesome atm.

If SWG returns they will probably get that back, and more, as people are missing SWG. Posts have been popping up on SWTOR forums too - Keep at it guys, either SWTOR will get the bits from SWG, or they will bring back SWG, if they are not already considering it.

Originally posted by superniceguy

I will start to believe it is not coming back from 2013. This year with the movies being rereleased in the cinema, it is the best opportunity for SWG to make a return.

Even if SWTOR had half the bits of SWG that kept me subbing to SWG, I would keep subbing to SWTOR more, and not worry SWG is gone, but SWTOR has NONE of them.

It also depends on how SWTOR does too, if it keeps tanking, and LA got more profit in the long run with SWG than SWTOR is generating, then they will more likely do too.

SWG closed with population levels of that which kept DCUO operating. If that population was not enough, DCUO would have closed instead of going F2P. LA has good start if they were to take over it. SWG population levels were about the average, especially for a P2P game. WOW is an exception. If they also make SWG go F2P, SWG will rock the charts, and certainly do far better than STO is doing, which is awesome atm.

If SWG returns they will probably get that back, and more, as people are missing SWG. Posts have been popping up on SWTOR forums too - Keep at it guys, either SWTOR will get the bits from SWG, or they will bring back SWG, if they are not already considering it.

You're dreaming, beacuse...

... you're severely overguesstimating how many people were playing SWG at the end. The game ran it's course, and now that it's closed it's never coming back.

... even mentioning SWG and SWTOR in the same sentence is insane. TOR sold more copies in it's first month than SWG did in its entire lifespan. They're not even close as far as revenue generators.

... LucasArts would never take over SWG. The developers were SOE employees, and you don't hire new guys off the street that haven't worked on the project. Besides, from what I understand they no longer want to develop games anymore. They'd rather let other groups develop the games and they just watch over them.

SWG is not coming back. LucasArts has moved on.

Originally posted by djmtott

... you're severely overguesstimating how many people were playing SWG at the end. The game ran it's course, and now that it's closed it's never coming back.

... even mentioning SWG and SWTOR in the same sentence is insane. TOR sold more copies in it's first month than SWG did in its entire lifespan. They're not even close as far as revenue generators.

... LucasArts would never take over SWG. The developers were SOE employees, and you don't hire new guys off the street that haven't worked on the project. Besides, from what I understand they no longer want to develop games anymore. They'd rather let other groups develop the games and they just watch over them.

The films keep coming back. SWTOR may have sold more to begin with, but with its rate of decline SWG may end up selling more / having more subs in the LONG RUN. You do not know how many subs SWG had in its entire lifetime. Even the NGE was not declining as fast as SWTOR is currently doing

I may be overquesstimating the potential it may have when returns, as that is all uncertain, but I am definately not overquestimating how many people were playing SWG at the end. There was 4 full servers, with the rest medium/light. DCUO only has 4 servers TOTAL, yet that game stays active? Vanguard has only 2 servers, and they have been constantly rock bottom for years, yet that game also stays active? I can definately say with 100% that SWG had more population than either of these 2 MMOs, and maybe even both put together, and DCUO was under a licence too from WB

If any MMO has any chance of returning it will be SWG.  It had potential

Lucasarts wants to develop their own games, they do not want others to. All future LA games are said to be going to be created in house, by LA themselves.

Market it along with the 3D films, change it to F2P, clean up the code, and the game will end up being a bigger hit than SWTOR. People are more familiar with Han Solo than any character in SWTOR. People wouuld rather play a game and work for Han Solo than a Han Solo wannabee

There is more likley chance SWG returning than them changing the game again 2005 after doing the CU.

You should maybe read what is posted - If SWTOR had even one of the things that kept me subbing to SWG, then SWG may not end up being missed at all, SWTOR has NONE of what SWG had, or any other MMO either, which is why people are quitting SWTOR left right and center.

The films keep coming back. SWTOR may have sold more to begin with, but with its rate of decline SWG may end up selling more / having more subs in the LONG RUN. You do not know how many subs SWG had in its entire lifetime. Even the NGE was not declining as fast as SWTOR is currently doing

I was not overquestimating how many people were playing SWG at the end. There was 4 full servers, with the rest medium/light. DCUO only has 4 servers TOTAL, yet that game stays active? Vanguard has only 2 servers, and they have been constantly rock bottom for years, yet that game also stays active? I can definately say with 100% that SWG had more population than either of these 2 MMOs, and maybe even both put together, and DCUO was under a licence too from WB

Market it along with the 3D films, change it to F2P, clean up the code, and the game will end up being a bigger hit than SWTOR. People are more familiar with Han Solo than any character in SWTOR. People wouuld rather play a game and work for Han Solo than a Han Solo wannabee

There is more likley chance SWG returning than them changing the game again 2005 after doing the CU.

You should maybe read what is posted - If SWTOR had even one of the things that kept me subbing to SWG, then SWG may not end up being missed at all, SWTOR has NONE of what SWG had, or any other MMO either, which is why people are quitting SWTOR left right and center.

SWG closed because it wasn't making enough money. They came to the conclusion that the cost of going F2P was going to be too much in relation to the money it would bring in.

Comparing the servers to other games is like apples and oranges. Vanguard probably has fewer players than SWG, but LucasArts doesn't have a hand in Vanguard. LucasArts decided that SWG was done and they're not bringing it back.

SWG had around 400k subscriptions at its height. SWTOR sold almost 2million copies. SWG lost a ton of subs when EQII and WoW launched, and the bottom dropped out when the NGE went live. SWG had 26 live servers at one point, although many of them were vacant. SWTOR has over 100. The point of all of this is that there's no way the rate of decline of SWTOR would be bad enough for them to consider bringing back an old game.

You can keep dreaming, but us realists know what's going on. The idea that they'd bring it back gave me a good chuckle.

I was not overquestimating how many people were playing SWG at the end. There was 4 full servers, with the rest medium/light. DCUO only has 4 servers TOTAL, yet that game stays active? Vanguard has only 2 servers, and they have been constantly rock bottom for years, yet that game also stays active? I can definately say with 100% that SWG had more population than either of these 2 MMOs, and maybe even both put together, and DCUO was under a licence too from WB

SWG closed because it wasn't making enough money. They came to the conclusion that the cost of going F2P was going to be too much in relation to the money it would bring in.

Comparing the servers to other games is like apples and oranges. Vanguard probably has fewer players than SWG, but LucasArts doesn't have a hand in Vanguard. LucasArts decided that SWG was done and they're not bringing it back.

SWG had around 400k subscriptions at its height. SWTOR sold almost 2million copies. SWG lost a ton of subs when EQII and WoW launched, and the bottom dropped out when the NGE went live. SWG had 26 live servers at one point, although many of them were vacant. SWTOR has over 100. The point of all of this is that there's no way the rate of decline of SWTOR would be bad enough for them to consider bringing back an old game.

You can keep dreaming, but us realists know what's going on. The idea that they'd bring it back gave me a good chuckle.

SWG closed because of licencing issues. To say it closed as it was not making money is speculation, it has never been said to be the case.

The licence could have been pulled for many reasons, including LA wanted to take over the game.

Last I heard, in 2010, LA did not want 3rd party developers creating SW games any more. Any future SW games will be created and developed and marketed purely by LA

• ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112

I don't want anyone to miss my point. Pause for a second and forget SWG2. SWG is a 57' Chevy like Ultima. Just because the population duinled below today's standards does not mean nobody loves it. WoW is the pioneer of theme-park MMO's and yes SWG fell victim. Does population have to dictate a players love for his environment? If WoW were to shut down tomorrow, would we speak the same words? Is there any merit left in you respect for SWG? After all, we are Sandbox players... are we not? I'm only saying, where is our voice? 

Do we need 500k former players to agree in order to declare a protest to have merit?

So many 'move along' posts but if you think back. We should have stood our ground. We never did. There has to be a heart in Lucas Arts. What haven't we marched to that door step? Had this been WoW, the community would have. Somehow I feel the former SWG commuinty gone WoW would have been at their side. 

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Sure, I would attend a rally to stop SWG from being reinstated. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

The only thing that would happen is you would waste money on a plane ticket and piss one day of your life away. With the possibility of being charged with trespassing if it was on private property.

If you wanna do that for SWG then be my guest lol.

I played SWG on release. Was there on day one. And I know some people just loved it, but to me it was / is not worth anything close to this. Overall an OK game and leaps and bounds better that SWTOR. But its just a game either way you look at it.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by ezduzit

I don't want anyone to miss my point. Pause for a second and forget SWG2. SWG is a 57' Chevy like Ultima. Just because the population duinled below today's standards does not mean nobody loves it. WoW is the pioneer of theme-park MMO's and yes SWG fell victim. Does population have to dictate a players love for his environment? If WoW were to shut down tomorrow, would we speak the same words? Is there any merit left in you respect for SWG? After all, we are Sandbox players... are we not? I'm only saying, where is our voice? 

Do we need 500k former players to agree in order to declare a protest to have merit?

So many 'move along' posts but if you think back. We should have stood our ground. We never did. There has to be a heart in Lucas Arts. What haven't we marched to that door step? Had this been WoW, the community would have. Somehow I feel the former SWG commuinty gone WoW would have been at their side. 

All the things you say weren't done... were done.    They were just done in 2005...

If you feel the community wasn't there to protest the shutdown.   Well maybe they weren't...  but they certainly were in 2005.   Most of that community was just long gone... before December of 2011...

Its sad to say but it won't matter what you do... they are not going to change their minds.   For SOE it is likely mostly the license issue.   Even if Lucas Arts wanted someone else to open game servers... they can't use SOE's code... (soe owns the game they created... but they can't run it without a license contract.. but that's why nobody else can run the game legally unless soe sold them the code and Lucas Arts gave them the license).

SOE likely doesn't have the man/woman power to even run the game if they wanted to... simply because they are trying to work on what they have left... planetside 2... eqnext and who knows how many other projects that aren't announced yet.

Originally posted by stragen001

Sure, I would attend a rally to stop SWG from being reinstated. 

Why is that? Worried SWG will do well again after SWTOR does not appear to be retaining people, and so may get shut down?

I do not see why it needs to stay closed, as if you do not want to play it then do not play. Why prevent those who want to play it from playing it?

SWTOR will benefit from it too, as people will not be posting "I miss SWG" threads all the time, and just enjoying SWTOR for what it is. SWTOR will be SWTOR, and SWG will be SWG. Constant mention of missing SWG and saying that even the NGE is better than SWTOR (which I also agree with) is dragging down SWTOR.

Each games greatness is based off individual opinion, but I am not the only one contstantly saying SWG is better than SWTOR, and without SWG active to check out, all they can do is take peoples word for it, and may not bother with SWTOR either. If they were able to ceck out SWG, and think it is not as great as being made out to be, then may stick with SWTOR instead.

I only have interest in SWTOR because SWG was taken away, and it is the only option for a Star Wars MMO atm, but is a shell of SWG so does not have me hooked, but is still fresh, so possibilities of change is quite high atm, but from the way the game has been designed it is not so positive, and would need to be rewritten.

Originally posted by Antarious

All the things you say weren't done... were done.    They were just done in 2005...

If you feel the community wasn't there to protest the shutdown.   Well maybe they weren't...  but they certainly were in 2005.   Most of that community was just long gone... before December of 2011...

Its sad to say but it won't matter what you do... they are not going to change their minds.   For SOE it is likely mostly the license issue.   Even if Lucas Arts wanted someone else to open game servers... they can't use SOE's code... (soe owns the game they created... but they can't run it without a license contract.. but that's why nobody else can run the game legally unless soe sold them the code and LEC gave them the license).

SOE likely doesn't have the man/woman power to even run the game if they wanted to... simply because they are trying to work on what they have left... planetside 2... eqnext and who knows how many other projects that aren't announced yet.

SOE lost  a lot of subs from announciong the shut down with 6 months notice, other MMOs that have shut down only gave 2-3 months notice. Why was SWG given a whopping 6 months? Also why go shut it down when population was rising, and not wait a month or two to see if it would drop after  the free 45 days was over?

If SOE could not afford the licence or SWG was not making money, then seems stupid to lose 3 months subs, from people who just did not see reason to pay/ play game for the rest of the time folllowing the closure notice

Another possibility is that LA bought the code from SOE, giving SOE a massive windfall, making it easy to announce SWGs shutdown with 6 months notice, and the loss of subs from

There is a lot of weirdness surrounding SWGs closure, and LA changing their business focus, which makes the possibility of SWG returning quite plausible.

I would not go to LA, as have a feeling SWG will return. When it shut down it did not feel over, unlike the other MMOs that shut down.

The more I think/post about this, the more I believe that SWG will return around the time ESB or ROTJ screens at the cinema

I have not played WOW loads, although I have played LOTRO more so, and if LOTRO shut down would not be too worried as there are plenty of replacements. SWG certainly needs fighting for, but I am hoping the rapid decline in SWTOR will be heard louder than our screams at their doorstep

SWG was unique and there is no replacement for it. We the players see the games for what they are, but unfortaunely the companies just view them as money making projects, and see SWG as an onlne MMO and see SWTOR as an online MMO, and they think people will just easily switch from one to other.

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

SWG2 will only end up being like SWTOR if  it was created. SWG is already written, with all the features you can ever have in a MMO.

If they were to clean up the code (rewrite the NGE without the CU or pre-CU code in there too) making it less laggy, which is more possible now that the game has been shut down, and then rerelease, more people will play it, as now people have sampled SWTOR, and have now left. People are missing SWG - posts are popping up all over the place from many different people, and SWG only had a niche playerbase because of lack of advertising, and people so positive that SWTOR by Bioware would be a guaranteed sucess, so never bothered starting on SWG.

If SOE shut down Valcyn/Shadowfire in 2010 or 2011 instead of 2009, because it would have wrecked all my progres, I doubt I would have carried on playing SWG either, and then just waited for SWTOR, due to not enough time to do everything again, and the thought that SWG may have gotten shut down shortly after SWTOR released. If it did not shut down I would have then returned, and knowing now what SWTOR is like I definately would have returned sooner than expected, but chances are I would have played both constantly, now without SWG to slow me down, it gets me to 50 fast and then there is nothing that SWTOR has to offer to keep me subbing.

This year would be the best time for Lucasarts to rerelease SWG, and advertise after either of the 3D versions of Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi have been screened - "You have now seen the movies, carry on the adventures with other players in Star Wars Galaxies", and put some real marketing into it.  It is quite possible that LA bought the code from SOE, and they will host it themselves.

If LA do a SWG2, it will be by themselves then it will probably end up being another WOW clone, and worse than SWTOR.

If SWG does not return shortly after all 3D films have been released, then doubt SWG will ever come back, but I have a New Hope that it will for now. I doubt many will go play SWTOR after seeing the films, but more will play SWG as it is set in the timeline of those movies. No other game gives you the classic Star Wars feel than SWG. Other games have Star Wars locations, but they never feel the same as from the movies, as like Jabbas Palace in The Force Unleashed and Star Wars Lego, it does to a point, as it is only a sample, but in SWG you get to explore it all.

Won't happen, unfortunately.  They've spent too much money on SW:TOR....too big to fail so to speak.  Firing up a redo of SWG while SW:TOR is still live (even though they appeal to two different audiences) would be viewed as canibalizing profits from the game they just spent 100s of millions of dollars on.

Star Wars lives on in other forms than the re-release of the old movies in 3D.  SW:TOR plays right into the demographic of the animated series Star Wars: Clone Wars. 

For what it's worth....there was some development work happening on an emulated SWG server....but not sure if there is any activity anymore.  They are basicly having to reconstruct everything from scratch so that the effort is protected from the legal begals @ Lucas Arts.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

"Brilliance poorly executed".

That is how I will forever feel about SWG.

If BioWare could have taken SWG + TOR, they might have hit what I think many Star Wars fans would have absolutely loved.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Originally posted by RajCaj

Won't happen, unfortunately.  They've spent too much money on SW:TOR....too big to fail so to speak.  Firing up a redo of SWG while SW:TOR is still live (even though they appeal to two different audiences) would be viewed as canibalizing profits from the game they just spent 100s of millions of dollars on.

Star Wars lives on in other forms than the re-release of the old movies in 3D.  SW:TOR plays right into the demographic of the animated series Star Wars: Clone Wars. 

For what it's worth....there was some development work happening on an emulated SWG server....but not sure if there is any activity anymore.  They are basicly having to reconstruct everything from scratch so that the effort is protected from the legal begals @ Lucas Arts.

As far as I can tell it was EA who poured all the money into SWTOR, not LA. If SWTOR is just not getting the money they are expecting from it, and could get the money from SWG (as well) then would be stupid to ignore SWG. If SWG reopened I would create / reopen my many accounts, and probably keep subbing to SWTOR as well, as SWG would slow down playing SWTOR. Whilst SWG is not around, and SWTOR is lacking, there is very little reason to keep subbing constantly to SWTOR, and LA loses out on many subscriptions from just myself. Most people playing SWG had several accounts.

I do not see it canibalising profits as would be just another Star Wars game, and LA did say that both SWG and SWTOR would be able to co-exist as two different games. The only way it would canibilise the profits would simply be because SWTOR is a load of crap. If they are both worthy, then they will have money coming in from both instead of one.

Bioware/EA continue work on SWTOR. LA focuses work on SWG, which will not be much, as SOE has already done most of it. All LA may need to do, is keep topping up TCG stuff which is then used for F2P purchases. They could still keep the TCG going as well, but as shown with the Stffued Tauntaun they can sell individual items with it, instead of making it a lucky loot card.

Star Wars may live on in Clone Wars, but is not a patch on the original trilogy, which is SWGs strength. If SWG was based on the Clone Wars, it would most definately not return. CWA under SOE seems to have less server activity atm than SWG did, and that is F2P.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Superniceguy, you keep insisting that TOR has suffered some mass exodus. Which is complete bullshit.

TOR is better than SWG at any point since 11/15/05, and possibly before. It amazes me how some delusional people still think that SWG would have outperformed TOR if just given the chance. SWG had its chance.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

They got their wad of cash which is all they care about. Don't waste your time with those jack wagons.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by kobie173

Superniceguy, you keep insisting that TOR has suffered some mass exodus. Which is complete bullshit.

TOR is better than SWG at any point since 11/15/05, and possibly before. It amazes me how some delusional people still think that SWG would have outperformed TOR if just given the chance. SWG had its chance.

Thats because you forgot to put on your

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Originally posted by kobie173

Thats because you forgot to put on your

One of the most overused, trite phrases in the history of humanity.

SWG at its peak had fewer than a quarter of the subs that TOR does now. This is verifiable fact. Period.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

SWG has been dead for a long time imo....

LucasArts is who helped ruin SWG, as no developer imo would do the drastic changes they did without LA pressuring them into it.

SWG needed more content, class balancing, and some buff nerfage, but not a new game made out of it...

So I considered it dead when I left...I got into the game late, due to a guy at work getting the wife and I to play, as high fantasy has always been my preference, so I spent a crap ton of time getting raws for like 2 months, and when I finally got everything to where i was happy, they changed it all, and a lot of the work I did was ruined, and the medic got its crafting taken, so my wife pretty much did the same with it and she got fed up...Too much work was flushed, never looked back or considered it.

You have more hope of the 'alternative SWG' filling your void....I do not mean SWTOR.

Originally posted by Xthos

SWG has been dead for a long time imo....

LucasArts is who helped ruin SWG, as no developer imo would do the drastic changes they did without LA pressuring them into it.

SWG needed more content, class balancing, and some buff nerfage, but not a new game made out of it...

So I considered it dead when I left...I got into the game late, due to a guy at work getting the wife and I to play, as high fantasy has always been my preference, so I spent a crap ton of time getting raws for like 2 months, and when I finally got everything to where i was happy, they changed it all, and a lot of the work I did was ruined, and the medic got its crafting taken, so my wife pretty much did the same with it and she got fed up...Too much work was flushed, never looked back or considered it.

You have more hope of the 'alternative SWG' filling your void....I do not mean SWTOR.

Same thing happened to me with the NGE, and then in 2009 with closure of Valcyn, and then the ultimate loss in 2011.

What kept me playing were my characters.