Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Mature Player would never Pay or Play this game...

Comments

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Every thread involving this game basically breaks down to how bad the community is in this game.  In this case you have children reporting out of spite and you get punished.  That doesn't suprise me at all.  From the little time I messed w/ this game the lack of a tolerable community was the first thing I noticed and why the game didn't remain on my hard drive long.  I find it funny those that attack  the op here further prove the point about the surly community and the lack of maturity. 

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by treysmooth

Every thread involving this game basically breaks down to how bad the community is in this game.  In this case you have children reporting out of spite and you get punished.  That doesn't suprise me at all.  From the little time I messed w/ this game the lack of a tolerable community was the first thing I noticed and why the game didn't remain on my hard drive long.  I find it funny those that attack  the op here further prove the point about the surly community and the lack of maturity. 

Point and Case.

You're right, these people say it all :)

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by treysmooth

Im with this guy

I played the game a bit as well and ive also been TS3 with people when they play the game. The community is the worst in the buisiness. The idea that kids report people for know reason all the time is believable because Ive heard kids doing it over TS3.... all the time. Players that do the tribunal aren't bothering to look at anything... they just click cause they want their weeks worth of points for it. And there are so many reports that I doubt a riot game employee actually bothers to really look at the reports if that is even the case. They probably say "well he has more than the normal amount of reports" and just ban. 

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

Originally posted by Onigod

If you dont understand while people get punished if they leave or go afk while playing a game then this is really not a game for you to play and YOU have no idea what you are even doing/playing.

you going afk in a 5vs5 match will ruin the game for 9 other players.

If everyone could just go afk then there would be no gameplay. It is a competive game and there are diffrent game modes to choose from.

there newest mode Dominion: average gametime 15 to 20 minutes.

then you have 3vs3 matches: average gametime 20 to 30 minutes

and then the 5vs5 matches wich mostyl take 30 to 45 minutes but could easilty go up to 1 hour.

Why go AFK? if you dont intend to play a full match DONT PLAY AT ALL.

it is a competive game and yes people need to get punished if they go afk since it ruins the expierience for other people and can even ruin there acount if they are playing ranked matches

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Not a single reference to the simple fact I have repeated, over FIVE times, including multiple times in the OP, that I have never, ever, ever went AFK, to my misery.

How you come to this conclusion is beyond me, and this is perhaps as bad as "How is babby formed?"

First rule of MMORPG.com, many people read no more than the title of your post. (can result in some hysterical replies when the message of the OP happens to be about a completely different viewpoint or subject)

Second rule of MMORPG.com, no matter how truthful you are in your reporting of a situation, many are not going to believe you and call you a liar (in so many words)

Third rule of MMORPG.com, some folks lie on these forums, leading to the problem in the 2nd rule.

You need a thick skin to post here on the forums, you could say the sun is coming out tomorrow and 3 people would jump in and tell you that you're crazy, there's no way the sun is coming up tomorrow, or would point out that it depended on where you live, or if it was a cloudy day or decide your post had too many spelling/grammatical errors to be valid.

This forum is the ulitmate form of PVP.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

I kinda agree.

LoL is mostly for people that are either really casual (or not-good at dota-genre game) or young.

Riot games and LoL were doing great... at start. But they began to remove every single mechanism that where too much "anti-fun" or not noob-friendly. Then they punish way too many people wrongly, and they don't care about it if it's right or wrong, less job for them is good.

Then the pricing and IP gain changed, for the worst. The customer support begin to take WAY TOO MUCH time. 1 months for an answer is not acceptable.

For me, they just went downhille, and continu to go that way. They not released Dominion, which was the only "except the unexpected" from last year.. LOL. And it end up by being a map for the biggest noob player ever. No need to teamfight, no need to farm. Way to remove all skill needed to play the game and make it even more noob-friendly and kill the already non-competitive scene.

For me it just don't worth it anymore. Then they come out.. WE HAVE 15M Subcription... and everyone sticked to that, but only 1M player play daily. So they aren't as popular as most people think. Nexon have 16M sub, but they are far to have 16m player. And Nexon is shit too, like Riot Games.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Sorry about your ban o.o

ive never been banned and Ive been playing for a couple of months. I do afk every now and then like.. Less than 5 minutes at most and ive also sucked majorly a few times. I did say though that im not very good or ill have to afk real quick or somefinh o.o

have you tried bringing up your thingie in the tribunal part of the forum?

i always though youd have to do reaaally excessive things repeatedly before you even get banned o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Funny how after playing for 7 months+ I have never been banned asingle hour.

And yet i play with the same community as the OP does. OP I 'm sorry you didn't like htis game but if you ask your team to surrender non-stop when others declare that they still want to give it a shot constitutes a reason to get reported for.

So instead of raging about it simply accept the fact that at least two people in your team where still having fun in those games you pushed to surrender and you were trying to take it away from them.

You probably should have been warned first but anyway LOL doesn't seem like a game for you.

p.s. the community is indeed bad and composed by teens and children mostly but that does not justify in any place negative behaviors by others. OP probably deserved the ban

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

How can a 'mature player' even approach this game is beyond me. But I am 22 and have been with DOTA for 6 years so I wouldnt really know...I guess its for different kind of people. Maybe this video will explain better:

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by c4_Garuda

How can a 'mature player' even approach this game is beyond me. But I am 22 and have been with DOTA for 6 years so I wouldnt really know...I guess its for different kind of people. Maybe this video will explain better:

U see the thing with Dota is, its the most slowpaced game i played TBH, Has the worst community out of Any Moba game and it is full of elitests who think they are The Shit. Now community aside, the game lacks the fun factors such as team fights early and many other. Go watch a Dota match and u will see people farming for 40 mints, then after 1-2 team fights they end the game. Hell you even get heroes who can 1v5 a team after farming. 

LOL requires more team play and thinking as a group, it is very fast paced on Dominion and The main map is also pretty fast. Now In LOL the lanes are always busy getting ganked, fighting and such so you wont see some carry farming for 40 mints. You see most Dota players are ignorant and will always blindly accuse other games of being worst when It is very clear that LOL is very successful in every way possible. BTW am sure the average age of players In LOL is alot older than Dota. First time i played Dota, I met the biggest asses of the gaming community which really went downhill from there. Lets see how Dota 2 turns out for you Dota fans, I for one wont be expecting anything from it.

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

LoL = immature kiddies that are there to press report button. Dota community worse? At least you can flame the shit out of someone and get it off your chest instead of getting banned coz some child reported you. You think I didnt play it?

Do not tell me its faster paced coz it isnt. For 20 minutes you cant even gank at tower coz it will just rape you, its pathetically balanced and the whole purpose of the game is for childeren to have fun. Theres 0 competition included with such bad balance, everything just flying around you in team fights...just bad.

I've seen thousands of dota matches, there are almost always 1-2 frags per minute but it all depends on the picks anyway. And Dota 2 is just the upgraded version, but please don't bother with this game, i want you in your awesome lol community.

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I'd be interested to see the log records of our innocent soul.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

YOU ARE CORRECT IN THIS ARTICLE! RIGHT ON MAN! I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON! this game is horrible!

And they promote banning as an attractive feature. 

• htiger23htiger23 Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by c4_Garuda

LoL = immature kiddies that are there to press report button. Dota community worse? At least you can flame the shit out of someone and get it off your chest instead of getting banned coz some child reported you. You think I didnt play it?

Do not tell me its faster paced coz it isnt. For 20 minutes you cant even gank at tower coz it will just rape you, its pathetically balanced and the whole purpose of the game is for childeren to have fun. Theres 0 competition included with such bad balance, everything just flying around you in team fights...just bad.

I've seen thousands of dota matches, there are almost always 1-2 frags per minute but it all depends on the picks anyway. And Dota 2 is just the upgraded version, but please don't bother with this game, i want you in your awesome lol community.

Did you just equate immature kiddies with people that like to report others for harassment?

The last time I checked, there is absolutely nothing mature about swearing, raging, and harassing other individuals.  Just because someone may feel the need to rant does not mean they need to harm the enjoyment of others.

Also, don't think for a minute that Valve will let you harass others in Dota 2.

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

I posted this on the official forums, but wanted to share my experience with everyone. I was fully willing to pay tons of moeny to RIOT GAMES to unlock all sorts of features, but was skeptical from the start, hearing during my first game that people can be banned for no reason. I didn't believe this, and played continuously, only to find out that this wonderful game forces you to play when you don't want to, enslaves you, and punishes people if they ever go AFK (I assume if you need to go AFK in real life, you must choose between the game and your life, because you can't do both. You WILL get banned.) I'd also like to note that I never once left or went afk. Yet due to children threatening to report me, and fulfilling these threats, I was banned for 1 day. It may have been nothing, but since I did nothing wrong and in fact suffered through misery STAYING to purposefully avoid being banned, this is absolutely ridiculous enough to warrant posting on the internet to WARN other players to STAY AWAY! I've never written a review before, ever, and it's my first time posting. The principle is of RIOT GAME's ability to allow teenagers to ban you, stealing all your payed items, unlocks, etc. and the simple fact that the same people you pay for a service, can ban you from it, stealing all your money. (Good luck to those who refute the charges).

Anyways, here it is:

First off, I'd like to say this was a refreshingly fun game, and something I was VERY interested in. I've been playing a TON this past week, and have played at least a hundred games so far, unlocking several characters. It occurred to me several times to spend money to unlock a bunch of cool characters, runes, etc. I never did, due to my skepticism on hearing how you can easily get banned for practically anything.

Well, here I am, a week later, and after never leaving a single game, never going AFK a single game (out of fear of losing my unlocks), and grudgingly staying with losing teams being spawn-camped at our base feeding into the enemy with a team who doesn't surrender (what a nightmare...so boring...so pointless...) which also got me thinking "Why am I planning to support this game, when they force me to lose my time because my team's child-players refuse to surrender when we're being spawn raped? Ugh...

I know exactly why I was banned: I asked to surrender during these bad times (it had to be REALLY bad for me to want to surrender, as I almost always voted NO) I find to quite common that, without provocation, teenagers will threaten you with warnings and reports against your account.

So despite never leaving a single game, never going afk a single time, and suffering due to these horrid rules (including hurting my real life, because I simply cannot go afk or quit the game because I would be punished) I was warned and then a day later banned for being "afk" or "disconnecting" too many times. Looks like these teenagers were correct in saying they could report me without any reason, and have me banned.

The developers of LoL can simply ban you, without reason? It's irrelevant that it will never be a permanent ban, but that children, mere children, who compose the majority of the game (some of the most horrid creatures I've ever heard, to the point that I want to /ignore everyone the moment I join most games lol) can simply ban you, stripping away all that you bought or unlocked? LOL to LoL, if they think we'll pay for this.

Since children can literally report you by lying, and it results in bans...

Since LoL decides to punish players because they cannot control the trolling children...

Since this, perhaps, has the worst community I've ever experienced across over a decade of hardcore gaming and forum experience...

Since everyone is either Korean or 15 years old...

DESPITE this being a great game which I WANT and PLANNED to spend money on...

I will NOT be spending a lot to unlock new champions. Plans canceled.

I will NOT be spending even more to unlock their awesome costumes.

[B]I will NOT be spending any money at all, in any way.

I will NOT be telling my multitude of friends and family (full grown adults with wallets) about this game, at all.

I will NOT be telling my online friends or communities about this game, nor suggest its existence.

I WILL be uninstalling them game, DESPITE my love for the gameplay, the characters, the graphics-- everything about the GAME.

I will NOT be buying or playing any further RIOT GAMES developed games. Loss of all future sales.

If you have an overwhelming problem of children and teenagers who ruin the games by leaving, raging, trolling, or feeding...the solution is to NOT implement a system which allows them to abuse reporting other players, ending in the only legitimate players to be banned.

The most obvious solution is to keep servers by country (keep the non-english speaking players out of US servers, and keep the US children out of Korean servers, etc.) and to make the game charge a fee to buy or subscribe, or perhaps just $1, or a better plan to keep the children OUT and the paying customers to STAY.

If it weren't for hearing the rumors of people being banned easily and their payed and earned progress being stripped away (even for a day), I would have spent $20-$50 instantly, with plans to keep spending. Every hour I played, I wanted to spend money, but wanted to wait a week to see how this pans out. Being banned for going "AFK" too many times is simply ridiculous, because of how much it hurt me in boredom and misery to stay playing the game even during some of the worst times of refusing surrender. [B]I never went AFK once.[/B] Disconnect? Maybe twice, to rejoin ASAP. Never permanently left a game EVER. Yet children would constantly threaten me "Mid or i will report you.", "Surrender or I'll report you.", "WHY DID YOU SURRENDER? REPORTING!!!"

K. Thx. Bye.

First of all a Riot staff reviews cases before banning

Seondly the Riot staffers constantly post chat log's of people on their forums claiming to be banned for no reason.

And third those chat log's are always full of racist trolling name calling.

Sorry I don't beieve you're innocent. Riot doesn't want to ban players. They want money not ban's. The only reason they ban someone is that they think that person loses them more customers because of his or her trolling.

Period end of story.

I don't believe you didn't call someone a nig#@# or Fag$%#@..................otherwise they wouldnt ban you. Dont forget a staffer had to approve you ban so their must be a reason.

• p00fingerp00finger Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Stop playing the victim card, OP. Please.  I see enough of this entitlement crying for bad behavior on the news.

What a defeatist and infantile attitude to have.  Probably not an attitude that is surprising in todays climate of welfare, free-stuff and entitlements, but whatever.

lmao

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Kyleran

First rule of MMORPG.com, many people read no more than the title of your post. (can result in some hysterical replies when the message of the OP happens to be about a completely different viewpoint or subject)

Second rule of MMORPG.com, no matter how truthful you are in your reporting of a situation, many are not going to believe you and call you a liar (in so many words)

Third rule of MMORPG.com, some folks lie on these forums, leading to the problem in the 2nd rule.

You need a thick skin to post here on the forums, you could say the sun is coming out tomorrow and 3 people would jump in and tell you that you're crazy, there's no way the sun is coming up tomorrow, or would point out that it depended on where you live, or if it was a cloudy day or decide your post had too many spelling/grammatical errors to be valid.

This forum is the ulitmate form of PVP.

+1 LMAO

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

This game is crap anyways

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Bunnyking

I agree that their system of punishing players is probably the most retarded one I have ever seen.

They have empowered a playerbase of a free-to-play game. This playerbase has the most vile, most vindictive, the most immature and most untrustworthy players in ANY game I have ever seen. And they are giving these players the power to ban other players.

And yes. I. Am. One. Of. Them.

I hate this system so much that I made it my goal to ruin it as much as I could, I log on every day and just punish whatever 10 poor souls were presented to me. I figure; the more people banned, the better it is. I don't care if they're guilty or innocent. I hate them.

Empowering players with something like this is just BAD. They should never have done it.

So in other words, your just an asshole, gotcha.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

This thread is another reason never to play this game again.

Tried it once and was greeted with the most vile community I have ever come across in any game ever.

• rikarus92rikarus92 Member Posts: 15

If you were playing multiplayer on a team for your first experience with the game, you were doing it wrong. There's a reason they have bot games and EVERYONE reccommends bots/customs before you move onto PVP. That would be like buying starcraft II, going into a 3v3 copper ranked game and expecting other users to teach you how to play. It's a fantastic game if you play with people you know once you know what you're doing and you're not going to fuck over your whole team. Anyone who jumps into summoner's rift 5v5 PVP for their first game is an idiot, sorry. You got what you should have expected.

• SandbloxSandblox Member UncommonPosts: 180

Im 31 years old and my wife and both play LoL. I have been playing since the beta and have never been banned. My wife has been playing for about a year and also never banned. 

The tribunal system is far from perfect and that mostly due to people who go into for free IP rather then using what could be a good system to help the game. Luckily even if enough votes are added up it still goes under review by Riot. 

To make it the Tribunal you need to have many complaints over many games, this of course means you are being a repeat offender in some way that is detrimental to the game or other players. People will cry foul all the time on the forums and Riot will even post the logs of the player and guess what, they always deserved the ban. 

When I read through the tribunal cases it was clear to me why people were being reported. The harass other players, they go AFK, they sling out racial slurs they troll the game, all manner of negative things be it on a more personal level such as attacks or on a level that attacks a competive gaming experience. 

I personally have had my moments of rage but 99% of the time I keep my mouth shut. Partly due to not wanting to be banned as I have spent a small fortune on this game and as well because at the end of the day raging in chat is just stupid. It accomplishes nothing but a more sure way to lose the game. I also do not AFK game or leave, I ensure I have the ability to see a game through. OP seems to feel this is some sort of personal attack, having to pick between real life and league of legends. Honestly, LoL is not for you I would say. It is a competive game where you have a team relying on you. Not an MMO where you can grind mobs and afk to go make a snack. Once your in game you are commited and if you can not be you ruin the fun of everyone else playing and so will pay for that. To feel this is wrong only shows a self centered selfishness. 

The community is a mixed bag. There are a ton of kids and adults who act likes kids and there are also a lot of really great people I have met. Really it is the same as a MMO, play WoW and see the stupidity of Barrens chat or old EQ where some kid would nerd rage and train mobs on you. I try to just block out the bad and enjoy the game, though a top, weekends and holiday breaks are the wost time to play as this when all the children are online and it is then that the game is most frustrating :P but hey at least we have the Tribunal so when some kids connects and begins to call us all Racial slurs all game long, we can ban him. 

So it is a double edged sword eh...and I for one approve of having a system in place unlike many games that simply do nothing at all or have a vastly inferior GM system that does little at all in helping to police games. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just one comment towards the OP's statement....

Are there any mature gamers?

Because as soon as i am behind my gaming screen i turn intoo this kid again, its what keeps me young, and i like it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Just one comment towards the OP's statement....

Are there any mature gamers?

Because as soon as i am behind my gaming screen i turn intoo this kid again, its what keeps me young, and i like it.

Same here hehe. The way I see it, we are being child-like, not child-ish. Big difference :)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Fully agree. Played this game for 45 minutes, worst game systems ever. Horrible community filled with 10 year olds and immature adults. the in game banning system is a joke. Heroes of Newerth is much better and even that has its issues. MOBA games are my least favorite mmo genre and the communitys in those games are way worse then anything ive experienced. Wouldnt give them a nickle.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

You should try HoN.

I tried LoL a while back and just couldnt get into it,didnt feel very responsive in comparrison to HoN and theres a leaver system inplace thats much more reasonable,If you rack up enough leaves that put you past the 5% mark you get put into a pool with other leavers and not people with -5% untill you get back under 5%.

Never unserstood the appeal of LoL tbh.